Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Nicks

We were lucky to go in only 2 down at halftime imho. Pep played Bernardo between our Centre Backs and Milner therefore Milner didn't know to stick it twist as Adringa wasn't helping him at all.

Second half we shut the supply down to Doku which helped no end but Pedro was really quite ineffective the whole time sadly.
Once he swapped it about with the subs we looked a far better team with a decent shape and Steele made a cracking save from Harland which kept us in the game at 2-0.
I think we had the better chances second half but didn't put them away ( Gross and Mitoma)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The score is almost respectable, away at City... but from what I could make of it on the radio, that masked a below par performance.
Our players seem a bit jaded , several have been in places around the world in the break, but that must be the same for other teams.
Perhaps we we are not really as good as we thought we were?
We certainly aren't good enough to worry the top 6 or so at the mo....but I don't think it's fair to make much of a judgement on yesterday's game. City had Rodri back, and with him they are almost certainly the best team in the world. All their players have huge amounts of experience at the highest level. We have a team with some very good, but very young players who are finding their way - Adingra, Baleba, Pedro, Ferguson - four players with an avge age of 20. City have had a pretty easy start to the season, and the only other top side they've played (with Rodri in the team) is Newcastle. And Newcastle only had ONE shot on target all game. I prefer to look at the way we played against Liverpool, and the amazing second half in Marseille - much better measures of our status, I think.

BHA Fan93

Nov 1, 2020
We are probably about the 8-10th best team in the division. If anything we've overachieved so far this season.
I think the teams in the Top 5 spots now are realistically going to be fighting for the champions league spots, then there’s Us, villa, Man U, West Ham and Chelsea I think battling it out for europa league and I wouldn’t say any of them teams from 6th down are better than us (I know Aston Villa embarrassed us but that was a very bad day at the office).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think the teams in the Top 5 spots now are realistically going to be fighting for the champions league spots, then there’s Us, villa, Man U, West Ham and Chelsea I think battling it out for europa league and I wouldn’t say any of them teams from 6th down are better than us (I know Aston Villa embarrassed us but that was a very bad day at the office).
Villa are better than us I'm afraid. Look at the comparitive points they've taken since emery took charge. And we are weaker than last season , they are stronger.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
We are probably about the 8-10th best team in the division. If anything we've overachieved so far this season.
I think that’s about right in a way, I’ve been saying this to anyone who’ll listen all season. We are weakened 10% by being in Europe, as the changes De Zerbi has to make means we rarely put out our strongest side. Most teams outside the top 4 or 5 who have also played in Europe have found this out too - look at the Hammers last season. Our squads don’t have the strength in depth of the big boys (obviously) and we suffer as a result. I think if we weren’t in Europe then we could still be a side knocking on the top 6’s door.
I’ll be more than happy to finish Top 10 and have a decent run in Europe.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Hang in there until January and I fully imagine one or two defenders will be arriving. The club management aren't daft and they can see the same as us that we are being undone by poor defending, and we have cash in the bank...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've not seen the goals City scored, so won't comment on whether Steele could/should have saved either. But to whether it looked savable; when I think of the goalkeepers we face and the saves they make, thinking Pope, Schmeichel, Pickford, Meslier, Martinez, De Gea (when he was better), etc we would often be left wondering 'how did they save that?!' because a shot doesn't look like they should have a chance of saving it.

I'm not sure that justifies claiming he should have, but it seems the better premier league keepers can make saves you wouldn't think they should.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Wtf maybe having covid really ??
Which bit didn't you understand, COVID left a lot of people with energy issues though as could a number of less common illnesses. COVID has not been so publicised but it's still out there. His play looks looks lethargic. Of course it could be a muscle niggle or similar or maybe nothing just everything on him but he certainly looks out of sorts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here