[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
As others have said, being dumped out the cup and knocked off top spot by Liverpool last night, City will definitely have something to prove tonight.
That said, could they try to force it too much, overplay, leave themselves open for the counter?.......doubt it, we'll probably get our arse handed to us.
Free hit and all that jazz, anything from this is a bonus.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
The team have done us proud over these past three games ( I include Norwich as apart from scoring we totally dominated) the team have put in maximum effort but against this side tonight I fear it will be a game too far. A defeat against the football equivalent of the Harlem globetrotters is not unexpected. So come on Albion whatever happens is where I am.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The team have done us proud over these past three games ( I include Norwich as apart from scoring we totally dominated) the team have put in maximum effort but against this side tonight I fear it will be a game too far. A defeat against the football equivalent of the Harlem globetrotters is not unexpected. So come on Albion whatever happens is where I am.

This. We've left everything on the pitch recently. Biss missing. City smarting and someway behind on goal difference. It'll be 3-0 to the petro dollars.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think we'll get a point or 3 tonight and Pep will be a sour-faced seether lol.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Last 2 games said we are not going to get anything out of this, so will continue the theme in hope that it means result goes as per last 2 games

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Real shame Biss is out for this as I would love to have seen that midfield trio of Biss, Caceido, Mwepu take on City tonight.

Was always going to be a big ask but I am less confident of us upsetting the applecart now. I wonder if Alzate will return to be the defensive fulcrum or if Lallana's experience will be called upon.

All thing being equal I'd expect a 2-0 City win, the wild card is City's state of mind, will they crack under the pressure from Liverpool or will they reassert their authority? A fascinating match up, can't wait!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can't comit to an opinion of which way it will swing, I just hope we make a good game of it, a sneaky point would be amazing.

I suppose the important things are not to get caned and heads in a good place for Stains on Sunday, we really don't want to give those plebians anything.

Ang I agree re sockboy, hopefully Veltman owns him. AGAIN.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Certainly not ruling out that we take something from this.

0-0 at half time makes things very interesting. Could see a VERY jittery crowd and Pep starting to go ballistic at straight forward officiating decisions. If this is the case, let's just wind them up

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd like a good performance from the lads and sockboy in Velt's pocket again for entertainment value

As to the result ? What will be will be :albion2:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Watching this on TV will be ruined by those new MASSIVE advertising lights around the pitch. Pretty sure there seems to be new rules on maximum size which has doubled in height.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Intriguing game tonight. I imagine we’ll be brimming with confidence with little pressure on us. How mentally tough are City? We know how good their players are. The crowd’s reaction if City don’t take an early lead or go behind could influence the game

The bookies give us pretty well no chance

City 2/11
Draw 6/1
Albion win 16/1

No one gave us a chance v Spurs, so a little flutter on us at that price has been placed :D

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
This stat is somewhat scary for lots of reasons:
Albion have won just one of the last 18 league games (D11, L6) in which Yves Bissouma did not feature.

Going to make life difficult tonight, but he’s also going to be hard to replace when he goes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
After the massive strop their fans had when we won at the end of last season, I would absolutely love it if we beat them again. Actually I'd take a draw and good chuckle at all the hatred and nonsensical bile towards the Albion on BlueMoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports