Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester City sign Sterling for £49m.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Sterling's transfer is another step towards the death of football. The bubble is going to burst one day.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
His slimeball of an agent is laughing all the way to Monaco and back.
With the bonus of several more moves in the near future. The future certainly looks bright for that particular parasite.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is QPR's £9million sell-on fee the biggest ever received by a British club for a British player?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If I had City's money, and in these times, I might agree with that fee for an established International player - but for a lad barely out of his teens and with a dodgy attitude ? .......No Way! All credit to Liverpool for a brilliant piece of business

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sterling's transfer is another step towards the death of football. The bubble is going to burst one day.

With the exception of the Albion and actually playing the game myself, most of it is pretty much dead to me already.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If I had City's money, and in these times, I might agree with that fee for an established International player - but for a lad barely out of his teens and with a dodgy attitude ? .......No Way! All credit to Liverpool for a brilliant piece of business

Agree. It's a lot of money to pay for a lad who'll spend most of his time in the development squad.

Sterling has swapped a team where he was guaranteed first team football for a team where he's guaranteed to play in all the cup games only.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
M
I'm more confused reading that than I was while reading the Da Vinci Code

Maybe we can take a collection and get him some punctuation?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I find it quite funny.

The bin dippers can swivel as far as I'm concerned. Where were "Stevie G" and Jamie Carragher when Sterling was a youngster at QPR? Did they demand blind loyalty from the player then, or is it all right to just walk out to a BETTER club as long as that club is Liverpool?

As far as the player is concerned, I actually think it's a good move for all concerned. He's at a better team, he is still improving and he is English (so is quota-friendly). The money is ridiculous, but it is ridiculous throughout the game. I'd have more sympathy for Liverpool if they spent a fraction of the time they have spent whining at Sterling by campaigning for a fairer distribution of the obscene income in the game right down to grass roots level. Funnily enough, I don't hear much from them. In fact, Man Utd have always come across far better on that score.

Sometimes you talk out of your backside. When have the Mancs ever thought of anybody other than the Mancs? Now we have both clubs competing with each other on that score.

Still, you continue with your crusade.

Sterling was offered 100K a week. He is 20 FFS! £5.2 Million a year in wages plus other earnings.

Forget your hatred for Liverpool for a minute-that is a fair offer considering he has still to prove himself. Prove himself on the pitch-not prove to the world that he is just one more greedy bar steward footballer who dances to his agent's tune.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sometimes you talk out of your backside. When have the Mancs ever thought of anybody other than the Mancs? Now we have both clubs competing with each other on that score.

Still, you continue with your crusade.

Sterling was offered 100K a week. He is 20 FFS! £5.2 Million a year in wages plus other earnings.

Forget your hatred for Liverpool for a minute-that is a fair offer considering he has still to prove himself. Prove himself on the pitch-not prove to the world that he is just one more greedy bar steward footballer who dances to his agent's tune.

Jesus, that's a bit feeble. I don't hate Liverpool at all. And crusade? What crusade is this then? The only crusade I see is the one where former Liverpool players line up to take a pop at Sterling over his wage demands and desire for Champions League football. You're just blind to their hypocrisy over Sterling's conduct. The fact is, Liverpool did exactly the same thing to QPR and loyalty seemed to go out of the window then. Or more accurately, there is pretty much no loyalty in football so I resent multi millionaire footballers telling us there is.

As for Man Utd, I'm indifferent to them too, but I will never forget that at least in the dark days, SAF wrote a letter to the FA in support of our club's fans over the behaviour of the board. Nothing like that came from anybody else. Incidentally, I went to a school fair in Reigate this weekend. There was an auction and one of the items being auctioned was a RvP signed Man Utd shirt. When I enquired as to how they managed to get hold of that, I was told "we just phoned them up and asked". Sure their fans are mostly plastics and armchairs, sure they have some hugely overpaid "stars", but little things like that speak volumes about a club IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here