Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester City sign Sterling for £49m.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sadly for him - and for those who love him - he looks nailed on to become the next Gazza.

All the signs are that will be the case, maybe without the success in a World Cup finals to make the public live him though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great deal for Liverpool, but they will f*** it up and blow the lot on useless signings. Sterling will never fulfil his potential.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I hope he puts liverpool to the sword when he plays them and celebrate s his goals in the kop end.i think the media and liverpool have treated him badly.1st in any other walk of life if you got pissed off with your employer and didnt want to go in you be disciplined or sacked.remember he s only 20 pretty much a kid if someone offered to double your wages and win stuff which lets face it liverpool are a spent force now.what would you do now liverpool can t sack him because they lose a shed load of money so lets get the fans and media on his back.people need to realise footballers are mercenary with no loyalties and why would they clubs are the same soon as they want shot of someone they make life difficult for the player how many kids has sterling seen fail and been ****ed off by clubs he must have seen it happen loads.so acting as he did is understandable he s had to be hard to get to where he is.liverpool never offered him a contract after they just missed out on the league.so he orobably was nt happy about that and if liverpool value you him at 50mil why have they only offered him 100000 a week.all in all he s 20 and a cracking player whose english and everyone running him down.he ll be fine at city good luck to him

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
M
I hope he puts liverpool to the sword when he plays them and celebrate s his goals in the kop end.i think the media and liverpool have treated him badly.1st in any other walk of life if you got pissed off with your employer and didnt want to go in you be disciplined or sacked.remember he s only 20 pretty much a kid if someone offered to double your wages and win stuff which lets face it liverpool are a spent force now.what would you do now liverpool can t sack him because they lose a shed load of money so lets get the fans and media on his back.people need to realise footballers are mercenary with no loyalties and why would they clubs are the same soon as they want shot of someone they make life difficult for the player how many kids has sterling seen fail and been ****ed off by clubs he must have seen it happen loads.so acting as he did is understandable he s had to be hard to get to where he is.liverpool never offered him a contract after they just missed out on the league.so he orobably was nt happy about that and if liverpool value you him at 50mil why have they only offered him 100000 a week.all in all he s 20 and a cracking player whose english and everyone running him down.he ll be fine at city good luck to him
I'm more confused reading that than I was while reading the Da Vinci Code

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is this why Delph didn't join Citeh, cos he'd have to play with that ****?

Sterling's a good player but worth £30 million tops. This is one of those "He's British, stick on another £15 mill" transfers.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Can't be the only one who think it's an OK deal for City in the current market, especially when you consider it's from a Top 4 rival and when everyone knows they need to sign English players?

Some of our fans want £5,000,000 for Dunk but are laughing at City for paying 10 times that for a Premiership proven, International winger who is 3 years younger and who has picked up a combined 28 assists and goals over the last two seasons.People saying he's worth £15,000,000-£20,000,000 obviously haven't realised the overinflated fees that English players go for. Nobody is worth that much, but in the current market he's probably worth somewhere around the 40-45mil mark.

Put it this way, I'd rather spend 49 on Sterling than the reported £10,000,000 that QPR want for Matt Phillips. :shrug:

*awaits the thumbs down for having the audacity to have a different opinion*

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
bonkers deal, he's woth 15m at most as it stands. Liverpool have done a great bit of business, but only if(as has been mentioned above) if they spend it well
Doesn't matter if they spend it well. They've offloaded a player who thinks he's better than he is and put 50M into the bank in the process. Even if they piss it up against numerous walls they won't have a player in their squad who would be a negative influence. Good business for Liverpool but highlights how fecked up the Premier League is when Sterling is valued at £50,000,000 plus £5.2M a year in wages.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Doesn't matter if they spend it well. They've offloaded a player who thinks he's better than he is and put 50M into the bank in the process. Even if they piss it up against numerous walls they won't have a player in their squad who would be a negative influence. Good business for Liverpool but highlights how fecked up the Premier League is when Sterling is valued at £50,000,000 plus £5.2M a year in wages.

And put nearly £10m in QPR's bank account as well. Grrrr.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He could be a world class player in a few years, but his attitude seems so suspect that there is a very reasonable chance that he will fail to realise his potential. Hope he does well for the England team's sake.

..." could be ".....ah, those two words that we all have to live up to. Hands up those who think he will develop into a world class player.....I thought so.....not a lot of confidence out there that he is going to join the ranks of Charlton, Moore, Matthews and Finney and outstrip the likes of Greaves, Lineker and Gascoigne.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Quite.
The inmates took over the asylum a while back and are showing no signs of letting go of the reins.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
:lolol: £49m for him is a joke. Football is mental, the fall out when it all goes tits up is going to be epic.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
No chance Reus would go to Liverpool. He's pretty much got the pick of clubs across Europe.

I wouldn't bet on it. Klopp will be in charge by December unless we are clear at the top by 10 points which is unlikely, so stranger things have happened. So far LFC ha spent nothing or next to it, and we want a winger/striker so Hemed could be next on the list!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I find it quite funny.

The bin dippers can swivel as far as I'm concerned. Where were "Stevie G" and Jamie Carragher when Sterling was a youngster at QPR? Did they demand blind loyalty from the player then, or is it all right to just walk out to a BETTER club as long as that club is Liverpool?

As far as the player is concerned, I actually think it's a good move for all concerned. He's at a better team, he is still improving and he is English (so is quota-friendly). The money is ridiculous, but it is ridiculous throughout the game. I'd have more sympathy for Liverpool if they spent a fraction of the time they have spent whining at Sterling by campaigning for a fairer distribution of the obscene income in the game right down to grass roots level. Funnily enough, I don't hear much from them. In fact, Man Utd have always come across far better on that score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here