Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester City sign Sterling for £49m.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He's not a popular chap at the moment, Billy 5-dads, and the fee is a rather humongous one, but with that level of player around him he could do rather well, with greater space and chances to sometimes fluff. Most of us don't want him to succeed and wish for his ego to be punctured, but i don't think that will happen.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Being positive- that's £49 million coming out of the man city owners pockets, going to Liverpool, which will be passed on to other teams when Liverpool buy players, whose clubs will spend that money on buying players etc. I.e. Money which is entering the game and will filter down.

Man city fans won't care if he's great or fails, if the latter they can just buy more players and the cycle continues.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Good deal for Liverpool but lets not forget it's a good deal for QPR who will be netting close £10 million of the £49 million.
That £10 million quid could really shake up the Championship and allow the non-adhering FFP Hoops to spend the way out of the Championship AGAIN!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
A lot of money but he's worth it as long as he can hold it together. It would seem Reus will be his replacement who atm is a better player. For all the rubbish we have signed over the last few years it would seem that at last we are getting it right.
Not that it will help BR though, I think he will be gone by Xmas but at least the team is looking decent now

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He could be a world class player in a few years, but his attitude seems so suspect that there is a very reasonable chance that he will fail to realise his potential. Hope he does well for the England team's sake.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Likely to waste away and sign for Aston Villa within two years probably. See also Sinclair, Scott, and- in due course I'm sure- Bony, Wilfried.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He could be a world class player in a few years, but his attitude seems so suspect that there is a very reasonable chance that he will fail to realise his potential.

Sadly for him - and for those who love him - he looks nailed on to become the next Gazza.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Good deal for Liverpool but lets not forget it's a good deal for QPR who will be netting close £10 million of the £49 million.
That £10 million quid could really shake up the Championship and allow the non-adhering FFP Hoops to spend the way out of the Championship AGAIN!

I wonder if this will finally encourage the FL to impose due and promised punishment on the QPR cheats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here