Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man United away tickets

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I had hoped to get some on Tuesday but it’s not going to happen and I’ve decided to give it a miss now. If there are 2 left on Tuesday then good luck to whoever gets them but it won’t be me. I’ll watch it on tv this time.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Set by people who are out of touch and absolutely not paying fans of the club. They don't get it.

What don't they get, the points allocated this season:

Burnley 15
Cardiff City 15
Brentford 5
Crystal Palace 5
Swansea City 15
Norwich City 15
Leicester City 15
Liverpool 5
Aston Villa 10
West Ham United 10
Southampton 10
Manchester United 5

Cardiff/Swansea/Leicester all League Cup mid week games
Burnley and Norwich lower level teams and distance
Brentford and Palace, Local
United and Liverpool top 6 teams

The only one possibly to moan about is West Ham, but then they have allocated 10 points rather than the expected 5 for London games.

So if you have secured tickets for all these games, 125 points.

But no doubt some will be moaning as the game(s) they go to away only get 5 points allocated.

The longer you have has held a season ticket and the more away games you go to, the higher up the away tiers you are, seems sensible and accepted by the vast majority of fans.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

Burnley 15
Cardiff City 15
Brentford 5
Crystal Palace 5
Swansea City 15
Norwich City 15
Leicester City 15
Liverpool 5
Aston Villa 10
West Ham United 10
Southampton 10
Manchester United 5

The only one possibly to moan about is West Ham, but then they have allocated 10 points rather than the expected 5 for London games.

But no doubt some will be moaning as the game(s) they go to away only get 5 points allocated.

The longer you have has held a season ticket and the more away games you go to, the higher up the away tiers you are, seems sensible and accepted by the vast majority of fans.

Maybe Southampton being 10, when really should be 5 points. Doesn't effect me as I have 328 points but can see the issues.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Burnley15
Cardiff City15
Brentford5
Crystal Palace5
Swansea City15
Norwich City15
Leicester City15
Liverpool5
Aston Villa10
West Ham United10
Southampton10
Manchester United5

West Ham 10 points for a London game is bonkers. It's the cost of a travelcard.

They haven't factored in that we've played at most of these grounds 4 or 5 times now. 5 points for United a Saturday lunchtime on TV a week before Christmas is bonkers.
5 for Liverpool when it's £80 on the train compared to 10 for Saints is crazy.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
West Ham 10 points for a London game is bonkers. It's the cost of a travelcard.

They haven't factored in that we've played at most of these grounds 4 or 5 times now. 5 points for United a Saturday lunchtime on TV a week before Christmas is bonkers.
5 for Liverpool when it's £80 on the train compared to 10 for Saints is crazy.

West Ham ? Evening game, won’t be home till midnight, shit place to watch football. 10 points is about right IMO.

Perception at least is loads want to go to OT and Anfield, and not so many want to go to Saints. Man U and Liverpool will be Cat A games for us at home. It all makes logical sense really.

Aug 18, 2013
West Ham ? Evening game, won’t be home till midnight, shit place to watch football. 10 points is about right IMO.

Perception at least is loads want to go to OT and Anfield, and not so many want to go to Saints. Man U and Liverpool will be Cat A games for us at home. It all makes logical sense really.
West Ham kicks off at 7.15pm and costs bollocks all to get to compared to the Northern games.

As I said, points totals set by people with little understanding of the challenges of getting to games, rail replacement buses, booking trains or trying to split a tank of fuel between 4.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
West Ham kicks off at 7.15pm and costs bollocks all to get to compared to the Northern games.

As I said, points totals set by people with little understanding of the challenges of getting to games, rail replacement buses, booking trains or trying to split a tank of fuel between 4.

Nah. Easy drive to Burnley and 15 points in the bag.

Train to West Ham will cost me £25 (ish) - and it’s 7.30 btw. The stadium is crap.
Car to Villa - 4 sharing - maybe a tenner each (plus £6 parking)
I usually drive (apart from London) because trains are usually shit at weekends :shrug:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

What West Ham has been moved forward another 15 minutes from 7.30, thanks for the info,

Aug 18, 2013
Nah. Easy drive to Burnley and 15 points in the bag.

Train to West Ham will cost me £25 (ish) - and it’s 7.30 btw. The stadium is crap.
Car to Villa - 4 sharing - maybe a tenner each (plus £6 parking)
I usually drive (apart from London) because trains are usually shit at weekends :shrug:
Fair enough. I'd argue Crawley is an easy drive rather than Burnley but I'm a train man to be honest

Also, some advice, get a railcard

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Agree 10 points for West Ham is about right. Longer travel time than most London games. Awkward mid week time and as mentioned a terrible away ground. Over priced bars and the upper tier is a joke.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Pretty certain travel is only one aspect taken into consideration. That said, bearing in mind WHU's position they have probably got this one wrong and should be 5pts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here