[Football] Man U v Seville

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Finding out there's a new series of Taskmaster on is exactly the sort of thing I'm on this forum for.
It was very good.

Frankie Boyle on fire.

Just waiting for him to present a polaroid of his nob in the 'most surprising thing to batter Boris Johnson to death with' starter round.

He has form.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
I was obviously very focused on our own game last night (including our keeper being subbed off with a sudden palpitations scare and our local brickie-turned-CB providing the only goal), so I was only able to read the score of this match.

I was quite shocked at half time when I read that United were 2 up, but when I read the final score at the end of our match and then watched the highlights I was thankful to them for making me laugh mi ass off, Sevilla played pinball with them.

Sabitzer seems to be dangerous though, and it looks like Ten Hag is starting to use him effectively.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I was obviously very focused on our own game last night (including our keeper being subbed off with a sudden palpitations scare and our local brickie-turned-CB providing the only goal), so I was only able to read the score of this match.

I was quite shocked at half time when I read that United were 2 up, but when I read the final score at the end of our match and then watched the highlights I was thankful to them for making me laugh mi ass off, Sevilla played pinball with them.

Sabitzer seems to be dangerous though, and it looks like Ten Hag is starting to use him effectively.
Local brickie turned defender?

It's Crumplin all over again.
:love:

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Local brickie turned defender?

It's Crumplin all over again.
:love:

Here he is, Federico Gatti ("Fred Cats") - also nicknamed "Gattone" ("Big Cat") - in all his glory

Ftn8CifWcAAIPOk

Yeah he's from the Turin area and he worked since he was 16-17, first as odd construction jobs to make some extra money and then more seriously to support his family since his father got laid off. He played in the equivalent of your National League South/North in the evening and worked as a construction worker in the mornings. Then got to National League while still working, and then thankfully he was picked up by a League One team and managed to start playing there and get a sufficient salary so that he could stop working. He quickly got snatched up by Frosinone in Serie B (Championship) where he impressed, and so we bought him from them. He's gaining more and more confidence as he plays and some fans already see him as a decent successor to Barzagli/Chiellini (he's 24.) Him and Bremer are currently quite solid as a defensive duo.

But we already had a legendary worker-defender figure in our history as well, Moreno Torricelli, who worked as a carpenter before winning everything with us, including one of the only 2 Champions League titles in our history in '96 :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sound like Shaw could be back this week. Plus I have a sneaky feeling that at least one of Rashford/Varane will be back in time.
It depends on which game (Seville or v us) is their highest priority. Would they risk throwing them in v Seville 80% fit?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think if their top 4 finish was certain then the FA Cup would be their priority, but its far from certain so winning the Europa League becomes top priority. Shame!
It would be a shame if they went all in to beat Seville and got more injuries.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Malacia ends up playing centre back we definitely need Ferguson on the pitch. He’s about four and a half feet tall. Evan won’t so much have him on toast as boil him up into a preserve to have on toast every day until spring.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Rashford could back for Saville next week according to Ten Hag

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports