Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man U v Seville

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Listened to a United podcast recorded after the Sevilla game and they sounded defeated - sounds as though they weren't expecting much of a game from Sevilla, they'd made plans for the semi already and even expected to go through when 2-0 down at half time...

They're genuinely afraid of us, one of them predicted a loss for 'the first time ever'. Apparently if Sevilla are their European kryptonite, we're their domestic kryptonite ha.

Apparently they travelled straight to London from Seville, not that it makes much difference. They also expect Shaw to be fit enough to play alongside Lindelof at the centre back.

Not much else of interest in there - the hosts spent most of it talking about themselves.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Listened to a United podcast recorded after the Sevilla game and they sounded defeated - sounds as though they weren't expecting much of a game from Sevilla, they'd made plans for the semi already and even expected to go through when 2-0 down at half time...

They're genuinely afraid of us, one of them predicted a loss for 'the first time ever'. Apparently if Sevilla are their European kryptonite, we're their domestic kryptonite ha.

Apparently they travelled straight to London from Seville, not that it makes much difference. They also expect Shaw to be fit enough to play alongside Lindelof at the centre back.

Not much else of interest in there - the hosts spent most of it talking about themselves.
It all looks promising but beware the wounded tiger. This might all serve to galvanise them into one of those performances that they still have in their locker.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
They’re having a real Jekyll & Hyde season.

At times, Utd look shockingly bad; a complete mess.

At others, they’re capable of swotting teams aside with ease.

Which version will turn up on Sunday?
The side with Bruno and Casemiro in their midfield, unfortunately. I still think we have a good chance.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It all looks promising but beware the wounded tiger. This might all serve to galvanise them into one of those performances that they still have in their locker.
Yeah, that's my fear. Leaving aside the fact that they have good players and a decent manager, three points worry me:

1 - They can't possibly play that badly for two games in a row.
2 - Maguire is suspended. That's a huge loss (for us).
3 - Rashford looks like he'll be fit and raring to go.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
If we're really lucky there's some sort of big issue behind the scenes at United, that flared up and led to the debacle against Sevilla. May the poor communication, the really silly errors and the low morale displayed by United in that match continue through to Wembley (please).

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
De Gea decided at a early age rugby just wasn't his game.

Fail Fun And Games GIF

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Yeah, that's my fear. Leaving aside the fact that they have good players and a decent manager, three points worry me:

1 - They can't possibly play that badly for two games in a row.
2 - Maguire is suspended. That's a huge loss (for us).
3 - Rashford looks like he'll be fit and raring to go.

Agree with points 1 and 2, but Rashford largely ambled round the pitch on Thursday night, no way he travels back from Sevilla and magically becomes fit between Fri morning and Sunday afternoon. There’s not enough time.

It’s going to be a tough match, but we’re absolutely in with a shout.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agree with points 1 and 2, but Rashford largely ambled round the pitch on Thursday night, no way he travels back from Sevilla and magically becomes fit between Fri morning and Sunday afternoon. There’s not enough time.

It’s going to be a tough match, but we’re absolutely in with a shout.
Disagree re Rashford. I watched him closely when he came on last night, and although not much came off for him, he was still busy and active running the channels - "ambling" he was not.

He looks fit to me, and with Martial going off crocked (as per usual) I fully expect him to start on Sunday, unfortunately.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Disagree re Rashford. I watched him closely when he came on last night, and although not much came off for him, he was still busy and active running the channels - "ambling" he was not.

He looks fit to me, and with Martial going off crocked (as per usual) I fully expect him to start on Sunday, unfortunately.

Funny how two people can watch the same game and come away with different conclusions. I really thought he did not look ready. He’ll play on Sunday (barring further injury) and he’s always dangerous, but he looked a way short of fit to me, which has got to be better than facing a fully fit Rashford.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Funny how two people can watch the same game and come away with different conclusions. I really thought he did not look ready. He’ll play on Sunday (barring further injury) and he’s always dangerous, but he looked a way short of fit to me, which has got to be better than facing a fully fit Rashford.
I certainly hope you're right chap. He just didn't look very hobbled to me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not worth a thread of it’s own so I’ll post it here

What is this about and why?..I like it though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here