Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man U v Seville

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
How come Maguire is suspended for the semi final?

Edit: just read is due to picking up a yellow against Fulham in the last round

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How come Maguire is suspended for the semi final?

Edit: just read is due to picking up a yellow against Fulham in the last round

I was not aware of this and thought cup and league carried over - so is that def true?
Edit - google suggests he is - didn’t know that happened in the cup - they could be very short at CB then - who will they play Lindeloft?

Utd have indeed had both centre halves gone off injured tonight. Rashford presumably out too. Worrying thing is Cass, Eriksen & Bruno are fit and decent… still… never know

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can’t see either of them being fit for a week Sunday myself…

Maybe…
Just maybe…

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't know what is the bigger ticking timebomb - the inevitable colossal VAR decision in Man Utd's favour in the semi, or Slabhead making a monumental cock-up for England and getting us knocked out of the Euros.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was not aware of this and thought cup and league carried over - so is that def true?
Suspensions from accumulated bookings are competition-specific (and two bookings result in a one-game suspension in the FA Cup). Maguire was booked in the 5th and 6th rounds.
Suspensions from being sent-off carry across ALL domestic competitons (so if an Albion player is sent-off on Saturday they will be suspended from the FA Cup semi-final).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Suspensions from accumulated bookings are competition-specific (and two bookings result in a one-game suspension in the FA Cup). Maguire was booked in the 5th and 6th rounds.
Suspensions from being sent-off carry across ALL domestic competitons (so if an Albion player is sent-off on Saturday they will be suspended from the FA Cup semi-final).
Does this count for the final as well or did they scrap that. Ie if we were to get through are any of our players in danger through a booking in the semi do you know?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does this count for the final as well or did they scrap that. Ie if we were to get through are any of our players in danger through a booking in the semi do you know?
Caicedo, Dunk and Undav have picked up cautions in this year's FA Cup competition. However, I believe the slate is wiped clean after the quarter-finals, and no player will now miss the final due to accumulated bookings in the competition.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Edit - google suggests he is - didn’t know that happened in the cup - they could be very short at CB then - who will they play Lindeloft?

Utd have indeed had both centre halves gone off injured tonight. Rashford presumably out too. Worrying thing is Cass, Eriksen & Bruno are fit and decent… still… never know

At the moment.2 games to go before the Semi final.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here