Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U v Palace - who do you want to win?

Who do you want to win?

• Man U

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • Palace

Votes: 21 12.0%

• Total voters

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Where's the option for 'Game abandoned as meteorite strikes pitch wiping out both teams, managers, and all the fans?'

Come on, sort it out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is this a serious question?

There is a large anti-man utd contingent in football, and they naturally overlap with brighton supporters who hate palace. There are lots of people on here who hate man utd to such a degree it might be the one game they wouldn't mind seeing palace win. So, yes, it is a serious question. I know many of us will risk the wrath of a certain poster who seems to hate Gus for not making the entire season about beating palace, but thems the breaks.

I know I'm in a quandary, and I asked this question in a thread last week (not a claim of fixtures, my post was in more of a general discussion about cheering englih teams in europe and didn't really go anywhere, this is a poll and dedicated thread).

I know I have more hate for utd than for palace, though I see palace as our number one rivals, and they are the team I want brighton to beat most, my hatred for man utd extends beyond football.

I'm not normally the sort to wish for harm to befall 22 people who are simply playing professional football...

I think I'm kinda amused by palace's goalless run, so would accept a utd win, just as long as palace fail to score again.

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Hope united put out a strong side and win 8-0 to put a dent in the already fragile confidence of those pikeys. Might even where my Man United shirt :whistle:

Last edited:

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
ManU to win 10 -Nil - Palace given total runaround and totally knackered out - I beleive they are playing Derby two days later on Friday night where they also get trounced 10 - Nil

OoH plus a few players sent of in the bargain

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I think I'm kinda amused by palace's goalless run, so would accept a utd win, just as long as palace fail to score again.

Do you not think their goal less run has anything to do with them being sidetracked thinking about this match? If they lose tonight they go back to the league being their biggest games, get through to the next round and their minds will be set on Wembley, not on playing Derby on a Friday night

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There is a large anti-man utd contingent in football, and they naturally overlap with football. There are lots of people on here who hate man utd to such a degree it might be the one game they wouldn't mind seeing palace win. So, yes, it is a serious question. I know many of us will risk the wrath of a certain poster who seems to hate Gus for not making the entire season about beating palace, but thems the breaks.

I know I'm in a quandary, and I asked this question in a thread last week (not a claim of fixtures, my post was in more of a general discussion about cheering englih teams in europe and didn't really go anywhere, this is a poll and dedicated thread).

I know I have more hate for utd than for palace, though I see palace as our number one rivals, and they are the team I want brighton to beat, my hatred for man utd extends beyond football.

I'm not normally the sort to wish for harm to befall 22 people who are simply playing professional football...

Spot on..and apologies for stealing your thunder. I hate Palace but don't mind their fans. I hate everything about Man U but as Oldman says..Sep 27th still hurts and I couldn't bear to hear any more crowing.

edit - and that Brighton fan who continually berates Gus is on his way to Derby with the Chinese Media Whore as we speak so you're safe from his ire.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do you not think their goal less run has anything to do with them being sidetracked thinking about this match? If they lose tonight they go back to the league being their biggest games, get through to the next round and their minds will be set on Wembley, not on playing Derby on a Friday night

No. Not a run this long. If it had just started maybe, but what is it, 6 games now?

Big embarrassing United win plus lots of long term injuries and red cards for both sides please.

and a win for Albion at Derby tonight !

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Man Utd win please. If it was Leeds v Palace now that might be a little more tricky to decide upon.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hate Man U but that pales into insignificance compared to my dislike of Palace.

If only Eric Cantona could make a comeback and United whip them like Liverpool did a few years ago.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Man Utd with bells on.

Then again, I can't say I detest Man Utd myself - just another big club with a huge number of armchairistas cheering them on in the pub.

Pretty much this. I can't stand the thought of Palace winning.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Palace as they're the underdogs. Got nothing against Man U as such but the thought of all those plastic manc fans sitting in their southern pubs and weeping into their lager tops at the shame of being knocked out by a two-bob, noddy, third-rate club is just too good a chance to miss. Up the Pally!

Mind you if everybody in the Palace team suffers a serious injury and can't play for the rest of the season, Selhurst Park burns down and all the Palace fans die of bubonic plague that will obviously be an acceptable outcome as well.

EDIT: And hopefully whatever the result one of the United players will 'do an Eric' in honour of the great man.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
United win with a 6-0 drubbing, and in the process some of Palace's key players get injured/sent off

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No ONE is safe from my wrath. Least of all our manager wanking over southampton. In answer to the question has to be man utd for this game only and at least by five or six.

Now if the players had actually did what they should have done and beaten palace then fine let them win but as it stands their fans will be utterly, utterly UNBEARABLE.

Imagine if they did win the cup all those years ago. Thank god for Lee Martin.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here