Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of the match award

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
KLL took a while to get into the game, but got better and better as it went on and was a real threat by the end. Apart from vicente, he was our only threat. What you all saw in Kuszczak for man of the match I don't know, some routine saves and one complete ****-up that he was lucky to get away with.

Two saves in the first half, one tipping it onto the bar, the other a one on one that he saved with his feet when it was a situation in which it was more likely they would score, keeping their goals scored low enough for kll's goal to mean something.

There was very little actual threat from the midfield or forwards for the bulk of the game, whereas kuszczak was consistently good. You even say it yourself, kll took a while to get into the game. For me his final ball didn't start to threaten anything until the final twenty minutes.

Someone who only starts to be a threat for the final twenty minutes and gets a point winning goal will always come second to someone who has been consistently good for the full 90, keeping goals conceded to a low enough level for us to claw something back, for me.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
I wouldn't argue with his MoM award. To be honest he looked the only player likely to score and he also set up Ulloa for a tap in. He got us a point we didn't deserve so was well worthy of the award. I know he favours his right foot which is a disadvantage when he takes on his right back on the outside cos he has to cross with his left but he was full of endeavour and was our most threatening player. TK also played well as did Ulloa, but generally it was a poor show from the rest of the team.

WeTheSouthStand

Apr 6, 2013
Peacehaven
I don't think there was a particular player that stood out, we were a bit sloppy across the field but KUSZCZAK looked solid between the posts I think

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Problem with having a lone striker is that you need a very accurate delivery to put it on his head. If our right winger goes off injured to be replaced by a right-footed winger who inexplicably is placed on the left wing, then it's no wonder we're not scoring goals.

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
LuaLua can't cross with his left foot - other than that, great performance(s)

Errrr...no one seems to gamble on the far post......many of his left footers go there....and he picked out Ulloa with his left....shame he missed....so I disagree with you on that mate.....other than Lua Lua I thought Bridcutt or Greer

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Two saves in the first half, one tipping it onto the bar, the other a one on one that he saved with his feet when it was a situation in which it was more likely they would score, keeping their goals scored low enough for kll's goal to mean something.

I'm not saying he had a bad performance, made a couple of decent saves - but I'm not even sure he touched that ball onto the bar, certainly didn't deviate its direction from where I was sitting in the north stand. As for the one with his feet, he got that totally wrong and was bloody lucky it hit him, if he saw he was furious with himself afterwards. Decent enough performance but it was KLL that got us the point

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
imho Lua Lua deserved it as much as anybody failing that and this will upset a few I thought Hammond, who did exactly what he was asked and told to do I would assume.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Lua Lua has been superb recently. Without him, our attack would just be nothing, at least he runs at the defence and tries to do stuff. I would've given it to Kuszczak personally.

Yes great comment..

Lua lua doubters here I see, he runs at defenders and takes them on and has great skill to get around them! Most players pass it as soon as a player gets nere them..

My view lua lua deserved man of the match, got goal and caused hell on there team, he got tackled a few times because he likes to take players on and not pass!!!

All I hear from fans to lua lua is = do him, do him, do him,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here