Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City away tickets

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How do you normally receive and use your tickets at the Amex?
Haven't been since COVID. Gave up our ST's at the end of that season.

Went to Charlton, Leeds and Newcastle away last season. All physical tickets.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Perhaps it should be clearly flagged as...

'You are required to have a Google account and download the Google Wallet app in order to obtain your ticket.'

That would be accurate.
Oh, or the 'i' thingy equivalent no doubt.
I haven’t got either. I download it in to my Apple wallet, which came with the phone. I appreciate you can’t do this if you don’t have an iPhone but it shows there are options. Someone else mentioned you have to add your debit card on to it which is mistaken (or mischievous). I have my credit card on it and basically use it for most purchases instead of physically using the credit card and putting the PIN number in every time. You still get a receipt and it’s still secure as you need to unlock your phone with your phone pin when you use it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Perhaps it should be clearly flagged as...

'You are required to have a Google account and download the Google Wallet app in order to obtain your ticket.'

That would be accurate.
Oh, or the 'i' thingy equivalent no doubt.

You don’t have to have a Google account, you use an Apple wallet if you have an iPhone.

Im curious how you use an Android phone without a Google account, thought you needed one for the App Store and to be able to install apps?

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If for some idealogical reason you don’t want to set up Google Wallet on your phone (which you DON’T have to have a debit/credit card added to) there are alternatives for using digital tickets with:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You don’t have to have a Google account, you use an Apple wallet if you have an iPhone.

Im curious how you use an Android phone without a Google account, thought you needed one for the App Store and to be able to install apps?
APKMirror works just fine.

I'm just surprised how readily everyone just accepts Google/Apple can have exclusive rights on things like this.

Edit: I see now other 'wallet' apps are available.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Out of interest, as you haven't been to the Amex since Covid were those away tickets in your name?
Us Albion + members are also able to buy Man City tickets. It’s not necessary to go to home games to go to away matches and away allocations would not be selling out without us members. I also haven’t been to the Amex for a couple of years but am going on Saturday.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Out of interest, as you haven't been to the Amex since Covid were those away tickets in your name?
Certainly were. All went to purchase history (y)

As has Citeh away.

Edit: If Burnley and Sheffield United away go to purchase history this season then I'll hopefully be going to those as well. If they don't, I won't be going.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Certainly were. All went to purchase history (y)

As has Citeh away.

Edit: If Burnley and Sheffield United away go to purchase history this season then I'll hopefully be going to those as well. If they don't, I won't be going.
If you do get tickets, and they are digital, can you report back your thoughts?

When we tried a couple of seasons ago, each external bar had its own enclosure with bouncers checking tickets to ensure home fans only got in. This is much the same for all the nearby pubs. Best to drink in town as Northern Quarter is easily walkable.
Cheers - it looks like that's the only alternative then - are there popular haunts for our travelling army that you know of?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here