Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Make a three sentence synopsis of a subject - new NSC quiz

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire -

do I win £5 ?
The A Team?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Me and HWT are good pals despite there being about a 100 point Mensa gap between him and me. He's far far ahead of me but we share a very similar moral compass.
I'm not ahead at all but I agree with he rest of your assessment :thumbsup:

I'm struggling with @1066familyman's effort, too, if I'm honest.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire -

do I win £5 ?
No. That's four sentences.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A young couple struggle to comply with some rather draconian legal requirements. Later their son gets into trouble for challenging the authorities. Many years later he is remembered, fondly, for his anti-authoritarianism.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The idea is to take any book, fillum, religion, album, political idea, or whatever, and reduce it to three sentences (sensible sentences, not the whole page bollocks in, for example, 'To The Lighthouse').

OK I'll start. Guess what this is. I'll make it an easy one.

It began in 1901 and while very little happened for more than 70 years, it had a brief hiatus as one of the leading brands in its sector, coming close to winning a much coveted award. Sadly it soon became the plaything of an antichrist figure who sold the temple for a ha'porth of gold. It was saved by an uprising that signed their pledge that was sealed by a knight and delivered as a flower for the glory of the community, where it now flourishes, praised at large, plundered by dandies but now strong, and the envy of many.
TL;DR

:wink:

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
A young couple struggle to comply with some rather draconian legal requirements. Later their son gets into trouble for challenging the authorities. Many years later he is remembered, fondly, for his anti-authoritarianism.
Im confused. Think ill keep quiet at the back with my head down and let the smart kids put their hands up.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Some monkeys hitting bones.
Crew of big spaceship killed by loopy computer.
Last 15 minutes a bit weird.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He is due to celebrate Christmas with his family. Intruders try to disrupt. He single handedly fends them off…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here