Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Make a three sentence synopsis of a subject - new NSC quiz

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It began the night global warming ended, but was replaced by boiling. And was met with general indifference. But that didn’t stop some from flogging a dying horse…

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The idea is to take any book, fillum, religion, album, political idea, or whatever, and reduce it to three sentences (sensible sentences, not the whole page bollocks in, for example, 'To The Lighthouse').

OK I'll start. Guess what this is. I'll make it an easy one.

It began in 1901 and while very little happened for more than 70 years, it had a brief hiatus as one of the leading brands in its sector, coming close to winning a much coveted award. Sadly it soon became the plaything of an antichrist figure who sold the temple for a ha'porth of gold. It was saved by an uprising that signed their pledge that was sealed by a knight and delivered as a flower for the glory of the community, where it now flourishes, praised at large, plundered by dandies but now strong, and the envy of many.
Harry, you are overqualified for this, I'm so far out of your league and I'm bewildered.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Often confused with a well known brand of muscle relaxant. Some claim the procedure can leave the recipient favouring a duck. Whilst others claim it's just not worth getting into debt for.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Harry, you are overqualified for this, I'm so far out of your league and I'm bewildered.
I'll let him you know you said that. Probably get you off his ignore list :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'll let him you know you said that. Probably get you off his ignore list :thumbsup:
Me and HWT are good pals despite there being about a 100 point Mensa gap between him and me. He's far far ahead of me but we share a very similar moral compass.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I tried to join in as well, but found myself lined up for the men's 200 metres athletics when I originally thought it was the equivalent of a time trial in the Tour de France.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All a bit baffling for me! Reminds me of 3-2-1 with Dusty Bin.

My first is in three but never in four. Many a slip betwixt what this goes in and reaches the lip. 5 minus 2 leaves what rhymes with me, best in show but where doe she go?

The answer is of course "House-boat".

Easy.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This is starting to get a bit Shakin' Stevens and what's behind the 'Green Door.'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire -

do I win £5 ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire -

do I win £5 ?
Is is Knight Rider?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

do I win £5 ?
Ghostbusters!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A crack team of Allied soldiers stages a daring rescue during World War II. A U.S. general is being held captive in an imposingcastle fort, high in the Bavarian Alps. The audacious plan calls for Lt. Schaffer (Clint Eastwood), Maj. Smith (Richard Burton) and other operatives to parachute down wearing Nazi disguises. They'll penetrate the mountain outpost while undercover operatives assist them from within. But their mission changes when they discover that there's a traitor in their midst.

Where Eagles Dare.

Do I win?
I visited the Castle in Austria where most of it was filmed in the late 1960s when I was still at school. I was most disappointed to find it didn’t have a cable car going up to it!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It was incredibly ambitious taking into account the membership comfort zone of the oh-so-funny fish puns, Leo's penalty and spelling of Friday etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Now I have shown how easy it is, will someone explain in three simple sentences what you and I are supposed to do about the number of the beast, and why. Three sentences. As I have demonstrated it is a piece of piss. Someone, please.
Screenshot_20230728_081135_Chrome.jpg

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

do I win £5 ?
Dustin Gee & Les Dennis?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here