Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Make a three sentence synopsis of a subject - new NSC quiz

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The idea is to take any book, fillum, religion, album, political idea, or whatever, and reduce it to three sentences (sensible sentences, not the whole page bollocks in, for example, 'To The Lighthouse').

OK I'll start. Guess what this is. I'll make it an easy one.

It began in 1901 and while very little happened for more than 70 years, it had a brief hiatus as one of the leading brands in its sector, coming close to winning a much coveted award. Sadly it soon became the plaything of an antichrist figure who sold the temple for a ha'porth of gold. It was saved by an uprising that signed their pledge that was sealed by a knight and delivered as a flower for the glory of the community, where it now flourishes, praised at large, plundered by dandies but now strong, and the envy of many.

Last edited:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Now I know how Lisa felt

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpeg
    IMG_1803.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 36

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The idea is to take any book, fillum, religion, album, political idea, or whatever, and reduce it to three sentences (sensible sentences, not the whole page bollocks in, for example, 'To The Lighthouse').

It began in 1901…
1901 you say?

Can’t thing of anything with 1901 as a start date.

Icelandic psych music?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
…. sakes. I went to Fawcett how am I supposed to know what one of those is, I always thought one of them was a thing that played classical type music

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Three sentences, FFS.

OK try this one. What is this?

Things were going well until a junior technician failed to seal a drive plate. Fortunately a scouser who was released from prison was able to bring some unlikely characters into play. After going backwards for a while, it was heartwarming when the scouser was told that in fact, nobody was dead.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Three sentences, FFS.

OK try this one. What is this?

Things were going well until a junior technician failed to seal a drive plate. Fortunately a scouser who was released from prison was able to bring some unlikely characters into play. After going backwards for a while, it was heartwarming when the scouser was told that in fact, nobody was dead.
Smeg knows

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now I have shown how easy it is, will someone explain in three simple sentences what you and I are supposed to do about the number of the beast, and why. Three sentences. As I have demonstrated it is a piece of piss. Someone, please.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

It began in 1901 and while very little happened for more than 70 years, it had a brief hiatus as one of the leading brands in its sector, coming close to winning a much coveted award. Sadly it soon became the plaything of an antichrist figure who sold the temple for a ha'porth of gold. It was saved by an uprising that signed their pledge that was sealed by a knight and delivered as a flower for the glory of the community, where it now flourishes, praised at large, plundered by dandies but now strong, and the envy of many.
Brighton and Hove Albion?

Either that or the end of The Boer War went well more dodgier than I thought.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Hubert Booth invented the vacuum cleaner in 1901, as any fule kno. The antichrist you refer to is that Dyson chap. As you so eruditely posit, dandies such as Herbert Hoover, Dyson and Mr. Shark et al have plundered this magnificent yet misunderstood device. The knight who rescued the whole shebang and brought the industry screaming onto the 20th century is a reference to the well known (on these shores at least) Sir Nigel Roomba. Having decoded the conundrum set by Lord Tackle, allow me to return to "Boothing" my simple grass hut. Aloha and out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hubert Booth invented the vacuum cleaner in 1901, as any fule kno. The antichrist you refer to is that Dyson chap. As you so eruditely posit, dandies such as Herbert Hoover, Dyson and Mr. Shark et al have plundered this magnificent yet misunderstood device. The knight who rescued the whole shebang and brought the industry screaming onto the 20th century is a reference to the well known (on these shores at least) Sir Nigel Roomba. Having decoded the conundrum set by Lord Tackle, allow me to return to "Boothing" my simple grass hut. Aloha and out.
Nice to see you in sparkling form.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A crack team of Allied soldiers stages a daring rescue during World War II. A U.S. general is being held captive in an imposingcastle fort, high in the Bavarian Alps. The audacious plan calls for Lt. Schaffer (Clint Eastwood), Maj. Smith (Richard Burton) and other operatives to parachute down wearing Nazi disguises. They'll penetrate the mountain outpost while undercover operatives assist them from within. But their mission changes when they discover that there's a traitor in their midst.

Where Eagles Dare.

Do I win?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
A crack team of Allied soldiers stages a daring rescue during World War II. A U.S. general is being held captive in an imposingcastle fort, high in the Bavarian Alps. The audacious plan calls for Lt. Schaffer (Clint Eastwood), Maj. Smith (Richard Burton) and other operatives to parachute down wearing Nazi disguises. They'll penetrate the mountain outpost while undercover operatives assist them from within. But their mission changes when they discover that there's a traitor in their midst.

Where Eagles Dare.

Do I win?
you only win if you can dangle 5 million feet above the ground, hanging from a cable car, with an ice pick gripped between you knees and shout ‘Broadsword calling Danny Boy’

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Where Eagles Dare.

Do I win?
Highly unlikely if your ability doesn't stretch to being able to count beyond three.

I think the only thing you win with that one is a 'See Me' from the teacher :wink:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Is it Morrisons ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here