Deepest, darkest Sussex
Confirmed

[tweet]1417150617529749510[/tweet]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’ll focus young minds.

The BBC summarised that despite widespread vaccine availability for 18’s plus for weeks now, 35% haven’t had their first vaccine.

The possibility of overseas holidays was a great carrot, now this.

11 weeks to get the two doses. Imho we’ll see huge uptake.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That’ll focus young minds.

The BBC summarised that despite widespread vaccine availability for 18’s plus for weeks now, 35% haven’t had their first vaccine.

The possibility of overseas holidays was a great carrot, now this.

11 weeks to get the two doses. Imho we’ll see huge uptake.

I wouldnt be shocked if the other European nations follow quickly

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldnt be shocked if the other European nations follow quickly

It’s already in place or on its way, a very mixed picture, for example:

Are nightclubs and bars open in Austria?
All bars, restaurants and clubs are open to anyone with a proof of vaccination without the need to adhere to social distancing or wear a face mask.

Are nightclubs and bars open in France?
All Clubs, Bars and restaurants are now open as long as a face covering is worn. Some time in August, proof of vaccination will be mandatory in any indoor venue.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It’s already in place or on its way, a very mixed picture, for example:

Are nightclubs and bars open in Austria?
All bars, restaurants and clubs are open to anyone with a proof of vaccination without the need to adhere to social distancing or wear a face mask.

Are nightclubs and bars open in France?
All Clubs, Bars and restaurants are now open as long as a face covering is worn. Some time in August, proof of vaccination will be mandatory in any indoor venue.

just seen this

Try being in Austria from Thursday if you are not double jabbed or have the PCR test (€110 for 48 hours) you will be required by law to leave the pub at 10pm all others can stay (this includes staff)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Shame they didn’t come out with this last month to get a shifty on.

I assume the whole of Europe was waiting for the first country to do this - France went

Spot when France announced vaccine passports would be introduced
Screenshot_20210719-182632_Chrome.jpg

Don't agree with this approach, it should be personal choice.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spot when France announced vaccine passports would be introduced
View attachment 138794

Don't agree with this approach, it should be personal choice.

A picture (or graphic) tells a thousand words.

In the UK for a few weeks now LBC have had occasional calls from teens/twenties who admitted that they’d been covid or vaccine sceptics or even scamdemic deniers. But changed their minds completely when vaccines opened up the possibility of a holiday in the Med.

Needs must.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Jesus, Sky have reached rock bottom by getting Ding on.

Ding is an absolute outrage & should be jailed for spreading fear. He's an absolute disgrace. I saw his "mother of God" tweet on around 20th Jan 2020, when he had about 2000 followers. That sent me into a panic attack and having to go doctors, getting signed off work with severe anxiety for ages, etc.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Jesus, Sky have reached rock bottom by getting Ding on.

Is this the Ding who advised schools to close then promptly moved his family to Austria so his kids could attend school :facepalm:
Is this the Ding who after months of offering dubious advice via his Twitter feed and then turned round and suggested people might like to gift him money for said dubious advice :facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Two of my local pubs are shut. Not really feeling the while freedom thing, to be honest.

Freedum day more like

My kids school have given up, so much infection, all sent home for the summer last Friday. Today for third day in a row UK has highest cases in the world, meanwhile clubbers can go out unvax'd, unmasked, untested. We've in a weird place

In the US I see the CDC raised has changed the UK Covid warning level to ‘very high’ and discourages travel.

High vax rate combined with high cases, if they are trying to create Kent variant 2.0 they are giving it their best shot

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bollocks - just had an alert of a positive case in Bozza, jnr's year group so they're all isolating from now, bringing an abrupt end to the school year, which is his last one at his primary school.

They've already missed do many "rights of passage" things this year, such as a week away residential, and this knocks out the rest - a show tomorrow that they've been rehearsing for ages together (and why the whole year group have to isolate), an end-of-year rounders and picnic on the Gallops here in Findon later this week, getting to say goodbye to teachers and friends on Friday with a final get-together after school.

Many people have it a lot worse, so we're not complaining as such, but it does feel like a massive shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here