Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Most of the objections so far have been that the vaccination certificate must be on an internet-enabled device. If my mother and I both have to carry a mobile phone to get access to Turf Moor, it will cost more than her season ticket.

If that’s the case I’m sure there will be alternatives for those that don’t have one. It will just be more convenient for everyone else like having a boarding card on your phone.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Most of the objections so far have been that the vaccination certificate must be on an internet-enabled device. If my mother and I both have to carry a mobile phone to get access to Turf Moor, it will cost more than her season ticket.

You'll never get a better reason to be able to avoid going to Turf Moor

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Loss of freedom = good news for you.

Alllllrighty then :mad:

I suppose you want the same for the 20+ viruses/diseases that are worse than this one? All a bit weird for something that hasn’t killed as many as flu did a few years ago.

Freedom isn't much use when you are decreased. We've lost ten of thousands of deaths over the winter due to poor governance.

We will have our freedoms back when it is safe to do so, I'm glad the easing is conditional and caution is being exercised. Hopefully finally the penny has dropped...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Loss of freedom = good news for you.

Alllllrighty then :mad:

I suppose you want the same for the 20+ viruses/diseases that are worse than this one? All a bit weird for something that hasn’t killed as many as flu did a few years ago.
One thing I've learnt from covid is the amount of absolute imbeciles like you walking amongst us.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Where, where did flu kill more than Covid a few years ago?

Globally. 1.5 million I think it was, but no social distancing, masks and mandatory vaccines were called for then.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The person you have quoted appears to be an anti-vaxxer conspiracy theorist so can’t be taken seriously.

What freedom do you think you will lose if a vaccination certificate becomes a requirement for certain activities?

So, we won’t need a vaccine certificate to live our lives then?

Freedom of choice. We shouldn’t have to put something into our bodies to be allowed to enjoy our inalienable human rights. It goes against everything this country have ever stood for. Everyone should have the choice to take it and everybody should stand up for that choice. If you want to take it, be my guest.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Freedom isn't much use when you are decreased. We've lost ten of thousands of deaths over the winter due to poor governance.

We will have our freedoms back when it is safe to do so, I'm glad the easing is conditional and caution is being exercised. Hopefully finally the penny has dropped...

I don’t agree and that is still no excuse for a mandatory vaccine. We are supposed to live in one of the most free countries in the world, not for long.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen and we’ll be back to normal.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
One thing I've learnt from covid is the amount of absolute imbeciles like you walking amongst us.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Did I win the argument with that?

:jester:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don’t agree and that is still no excuse for a mandatory vaccine. We are supposed to live in one of the most free countries in the world, not for long.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen and we’ll be back to normal.

The vaccine is not mandatory, you have a choice. People may try and persuade you to take it but no one will force you

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The vaccine is not mandatory, you have a choice. People may try and persuade you to take it but no one will force you

That’s my point, it effectively is if you need a ‘passport’ to do things within this country. It doesn’t seem right to me, I hope it doesn’t happen. As I mentioned earlier, there are far worse viruses/diseases and yet we’ve never had to take them to live normal lives.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That’s my point, it effectively is if you need a ‘passport’ to do things within this country. It doesn’t seem right to me, I hope it doesn’t happen. As I mentioned earlier, there are far worse viruses/diseases and yet we’ve never had to take them to live normal lives.

It probably won't happen domestically, unless a lot a people refuse to get vaccinated. Unless you genuinely think there is a safety issue, is there a reason not to be vaccinated? Its free, many people aren't as lucky as us living in a developed country

And if you wish to travel overseas I think many countries will insist, especially those with zero covid like Australia for example

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Freedom of choice. We shouldn’t have to put something into our bodies to be allowed to enjoy our inalienable human rights.

please stop using "inalienable human rights" when you dont know what that means. go read the human rights charter if you need a refresher, its about equality, security, equity in law etc. its not about the right to go in the shops, pub or a festival. those places expressly withhold the right to refuse you entry.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It probably won't happen domestically, unless a lot a people refuse to get vaccinated. Unless you genuinely think there is a safety issue, is there a reason not to be vaccinated? Its free, many people aren't as lucky as us living in a developed country

And if you wish to travel overseas I think many countries will insist, especially those with zero covid like Australia for example

Well, living in a free country, I shouldn’t need a reason not to get vaccinated, that’s my choice. If I were to go and get Covid, then that would be my fault, no one else’s.

I must have missed when Australia got through their vaccine programme. I don’t keep track of them.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
please stop using "inalienable human rights" when you dont know what that means. go read the human rights charter if you need a refresher, its about equality, security, equity in law etc. its not about the right to go in the shops, pub or a festival. those places expressly withhold the right to refuse you entry.

Take it up with Churchill then.

Yes, I know those places could refuse me entry, but you would be ok with them having special requirements? Seems very ‘No Irish, no dogs’ to me.

I noticed you didn’t pick up the point about not having to be vaccinated against worse viruses/diseases.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well, living in a free country, I shouldn’t need a reason not to get vaccinated, that’s my choice. If I were to go and get Covid, then that would be my fault, no one else’s.

I must have missed when Australia got through their vaccine programme. I don’t keep track of them.

Do as you please, all I would say is you don't want to get Covid. A work colleague of mine only just made it through.

Australia won't be permitting entry without the vaccine (when they eventually open up to inward tourism)

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Do as you please, all I would say is you don't want to get Covid. A work colleague of mine only just made it through.

Australia won't be permitting entry without the vaccine (when they eventually open up to inward tourism)

I wouldn’t want to catch anything, but I’m not going to pretend it’s worse than other diseases/viruses. It hasn’t killed as many as the flu did a few years ago, so I’m not that worried. I know someone that nearly died of it, the NHS saved his life. Again, I’m not going to pretend and say that I know that he wouldn’t have ended up in the same situation with the flu or another virus.

My dad got hit by a car the other week and broke his hip. He had to wait for an hour and a half in the middle of the road for an ambulance to arrive and required an big operation. I’m more worried about crossing the road than catching Covid.

I understand what you said about Australia, they, of course, are allow to decided who comes into their country. What I was wondering about is when they vaccinated their entire population.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I wouldn’t want to catch anything, but I’m not going to pretend it’s worse than other diseases/viruses. It hasn’t killed as many as the flu did a few years ago, so I’m not that worried. I know someone that nearly died of it, the NHS saved his life. Again, I’m not going to pretend and say that I know that he wouldn’t have ended up in the same situation with the flu or another virus.

My dad got hit by a car the other week and broke his hip. He had to wait for an hour and a half in the middle of the road for an ambulance to arrive and required an big operation. I’m more worried about crossing the road than catching Covid.

I understand what you said about Australia, they, of course, are allow to decided who comes into their country. What I was wondering about is when they vaccinated their entire population.

Right, you’ve quoted the “not worse than flu” bit again, and “we didn’t have to wear masks, get vaccinated, etc...”

Are you just too stupid to see that you are actually answering your own question. The things you quote are precisely why the death figures have remained lower then they would have if idiots like you had your way.

As for vaccinations against other viruses and diseases, how about this for starters...

https://www.livescience.com/65304-smallpox.html

And this little list of recommended vaccinations for children, some of which you will undoubtedly had, unless of course your mother was as stupid as you are...

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/forgot-14-diseases.html

Or this article on vaccinations and how they have saved lives and prevented unnecessary deaths...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4024226/

I’m sure your reply will be more “what aboutery”.

What’s that old saying “there are none so blind as those who will not see”?

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Republic of Ireland have announced an extension of lockdown until at least the end of April. Their lockdown appears to be much more robust than ours, only legally allowed to exercise within 5km of your home and even construction stopped.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
The big problem with the "exercise 3 miles from home" rule is that it means people who live in the country can get fresh air and wide open spaces, while people who live in the city can only exercise in urban streets and busy parks. Hardly seems fair. Can they really justify a policy that says a keen cyclist must go round and round the city on busy roads with people about and exhaust fumes in the air, because it's too dangerous to ride on an empty country road?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The big problem with the "exercise 3 miles from home" rule is that it means people who live in the country can get fresh air and wide open spaces, while people who live in the city can only exercise in urban streets and busy parks. Hardly seems fair. Can they really justify a policy that says a keen cyclist must go round and round the city on busy roads with people about and exhaust fumes in the air, because it's too dangerous to ride on an empty country road?

justify it? its the whole point, to limit movement. fortunatly we dont have a firm limit, so a balanced view can be taken, but then people go and abuse it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here