Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm not using this to make any political point, I'm just repeating figures quoted in a reputable source. Don't shoot the messenger

Sorry, I was not referring to your post nor you. I should have made that clear. I was referring to some pretty poisonous Twitter threads I'd seen.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Great news. Freedom = gone :clap:
79EF1F0C-3B8F-4DEC-B21D-F5C2AAE716FD.jpeg

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
You mean the freedom of all the idiots that dont think it's real is gone? Great news indeed.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I take it that what you are saying is that if someone doesn't own an internet-enabled mobile phone they don't deserve basic human rights?

Sent from my landline computer using Google Chrome. Why does your mobile phone, if that's what it is, want us to know what model it is? Can't you explain to it that nobody cares? :shrug:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I take it that what you are saying is that if someone doesn't own an internet-enabled mobile phone they don't deserve basic human rights?

Sent from my landline computer using Google Chrome. Why does your mobile phone, if that's what it is, want us to know what model it is? Can't you explain to it that nobody cares? :shrug:

Unbelievable, isn’t it? People cheering on their freedoms being taken away. They actually think it’s ok to coerce us into taking a vaccine. Funny how they’ve never done this before with other viruses or diseases.

Oh, no, I remember when I used to go to McDonald’s and they would ask to see my Measels vaccine certificate. Surely that happened as it is 10 times more contagious than Covid.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I haven't got a smartphone, just one for texting and phone calls. It's all I can afford. What am I supposed to do if this comes about?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I haven't got a smartphone, just one for texting and phone calls. It's all I can afford. What am I supposed to do if this comes about?

I don’t have the internet on my phone. I don’t need to be constantly glued to the system like some. The amount of times people look at their phones is a sign addiction, pure and simple. These passports keep them attached to them even more, but they like that as that’s what ‘everyone’ else is doing and they have to be part of the crowd, can’t go against the grain. It’s a shame how brainwashed they’ve become.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Sorry but if you didn't realise that refusing the vaccine wasn't going to have any impact on your life until a percentage of less selfish people have it and cover for your self-seeking aggrandizement then you have done the near impossible and proved yourself a bigger idiot than I thought you were.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its like a re-run of the debate on compulsory app sign in for enter shops, pubs and venues. remember what happened to that?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm not a fan of domestic vaccine passports although I accept other countries may bar entry without them.

It's the beginning of the end. The thin end of the wedge. A Bennite solution.

https://youtu.be/qmXzGI0XP7M

Not sure you really need them, Countries can just bring in entry requirements and you take a bit of paper/app

Which I think is how it will end up, I think the word passport has just been picked up.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Seems like a common sense move. The government actually aren't having a bad week

Loss of freedom = good news for you.

Alllllrighty then :mad:

I suppose you want the same for the 20+ viruses/diseases that are worse than this one? All a bit weird for something that hasn’t killed as many as flu did a few years ago.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
The person you have quoted appears to be an anti-vaxxer conspiracy theorist so can’t be taken seriously.

What freedom do you think you will lose if a vaccination certificate becomes a requirement for certain activities?
Most of the objections so far have been that the vaccination certificate must be on an internet-enabled device. If my mother and I both have to carry a mobile phone to get access to Turf Moor, it will cost more than her season ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here