Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was one who gave Boris and his scientific advisors the benefit of the doubt facing an unprecedented global crisis during the first few months of this crisis but even I’ve had enough at this point, it’s a total and utter farce. Restrictions could be in place for up to 6 months.... THEN WHAT? The magic phantom vaccine rides in to the rescue so we can all get back to norm.... oh wait no, they’ll be nothing left of the economy by this point. Absolutely baffled.

Also, ONS figures show excess deaths at home (not from COVID) are still WELL ABOVE average, absolutely shocking.View attachment 128620

Wonder why not much attention is given to those stats ...doesn’t quite fit in with the current guidance ...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Yes, because everyone lives in Brighton. Anyway, if you are correct then these people have caused stricter rules to come in which will no doubt be enforced.

This isn't a negotiation. People will follow the new rules or face the consequence if they are in Worthing or Brighton.

Are you not tired of this?

Let's not forget one last time, I haven't stated anywhere that the vast majority of people are or aren't obeying Covid19 rules. You have.
I just mentioned what I saw in Brighton yesterday.

You then went on about my use of an anecdote as weak evidence...

Nonetheless, you've got your thumbsup from the very bitter and relentless GB, so how about let's call this an end to a thrling debate and I'll concede you've won? Well done.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Boris Johnson's answer just now to Ben Bradshaw's question:
Q: "Are lower rates in Italy and Germany due to locally run and effective testing?"
A: "No! No, stop knocking our testing, best in the world. It's because WE LOVE FREEDOM! Blah blah, democracy, fart fart"

in response to a question i think he said comparison to Germany and France didnt matter.

What a total ********.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The only person who's talking bollocks is you. Show me where I've said the majority are disobeying the rules? I just mentioned what I saw yesterday in the city centre and now you're trying to turn that into something else. E77's point was from what he'd seen too. Why aren't you using this argument on him as well?

You really are desperate for an argument aren't you?

Here's the discussion you're trying to turn into something else

Now how about that meditation you've been advised on? Would stop all this crap I and a few others have to endure from you night and day, and might make you a nicer person...

Majority = 50% + 1. Your argument is based on the premise that the people in the Brighton you describe combined with the people I saw in pubs in Worthing make up the 100% of the UK. They don't and while the events we described were happening an overwhelming amount of the population were at home obeying the rules.

So yes, I am entirely comfortable claiming a majority of the population obey the rules and do their bit.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Majority = 50% + 1. Your argument is based on the premise that the people in the Brighton you describe combined with the people I saw in pubs in Worthing make up the 100% of the UK. They don't and while the events we described were happening an overwhelming amount of the population were at home obeying the rules.

So yes, I am entirely comfortable claiming a majority of the population obey the rules and do their bit.

Good on you. That was clearly my argument. You win. :shootself

Ps has the the below linked thread got anything to do with this endless 'debate' we're having plus GB trying to jump into it and twisting it all he can I wonder?
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?382360-It-s-time-to-start-living-like-free-people

Probably not. You two don't start binfesting at 7.30am taking posts from the day before so personally, that's not like you two.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are you not tired of this?

Let's not forget one last time, I haven't stated anywhere that the vast majority of people are or aren't obeying Covid19 rules. You have.
I just mentioned what I saw in Brighton yesterday.

You then went on about my use of an anecdote as weak evidence...

Nonetheless, you've got your thumbsup from the very bitter and relentless GB, so how about let's call this an end to a thrling debate and I'll concede you've won? Well done.

baby.JPG

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sturgeon on circuit breaker in Oct half term. Not made a decision on it but she is keeping under review and asks people not to book an overseas holiday over half term

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Good on you. That was clearly my argument. You win. :shootself

Ps has the the below linked thread got anything to do with this endless 'debate' we're having plus GB trying to jump into it and twisting it all he can I wonder?
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?382360-It-s-time-to-start-living-like-free-people

Probably not. You two don't start binfesting at 7.30am taking posts from the day before so personally, that's not like you two.

You questioned the validity of my argument and I retorted. Your are aware this is a forum for discussion, aren't you?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Q: "Are lower rates in Italy and Germany due to locally run and effective testing?"
A: "No! No, stop knocking our testing, best in the world. It's because WE LOVE FREEDOM! Blah blah, democracy, fart fart"
[tweet]1308409566032465920[/tweet]

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Sweden: I think it gets held up as a shining example of how to fight Covid-19 without too strict a lockdown and if the Swedish people are happy (well, as much as anyone can be at the moment) then who are we to argue? However they did actually bring in some restrictions and by all accounts the Swedes acted within the restrictions showing great personal responsibility. That works well there but as has been demonstrated on this thread in this country you do have to tend to spell things out to people or they will just do what they think is best for them. Also the neighbouring countries have had less cases and a smaller recession so far. Granted we won't be able to fully judge that for a few years.

Restrictions: My suspicion is the government think they are going to have a vaccine in the next few months which might be influencing them to be over cautious until then. It is quite possible if none of the vaccines pass trials they might have to adopt a more Swedish approach as we are stuck with this for longer.

Problem in England is we are the most centralised country in Europe. Some of the Mayors have a bit of power but there isn't a Governor of Sussex or Executive Mayor of Brighton who can bring in and remove restrictions tailored to events in the local area. I know they happened up North but they were driven from Central Government.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I wish Johnson had used the summer to learn from others, instead all we see is further English exceptionalism. We're all long way off the best in Europe let alone the world

Really had hoped today meeting indoors in private home would be curbed in England. Again Scotland and NI have taken the lead, a missed opportunity. Was there anything more on increased use of masks? Seems not

No understanding of the different risks indoors and outdoors, really poor

Alas cases soar again today, just short of 5k

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Hospital admissions, ICU, and sadly deaths all on the rise.

With such loose restrictions I don’t see this going anywhere other than where we were in March/April. Really hope I’m wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here