Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I got an email from my dentists earlier in the week saying they are hoping to reopen from June 1st. Is your wife's practice got the same reopening date and is that date thought as optimistic, out of interest?
They are also hoping for June but they don't know for sure. The surgery is open for emergencies and she is still going in, although it is only 2-3 days a week. The other nurse does 2-3 days as well.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
352 England
17 Wales
40 Scotland
18 NI

Total of around 427 initially, Thursday is normally a very high number so this is a much better number than previous week.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or everyone there has already had it?

Well yes, that’s a possible explanation. It came through Worthing early and perhaps there were a few deaths that didn’t get attributed to COVID-19 due to being too “early”?

D

Deleted member 22389

You are, of course, correct. We always have tariff free imports from the EU :thumbsup:

Unless of course the toy includes parts from Sanshui Sanlian Plastic & Cement or any of Theo Klein's other Chinese suppliers. Once you start looking into it, it seems a little more complicated than it first appears, but that's the 21st century for you :shrug:

If they are still moulding the components in Germany, that's good enough. If the tooling was machined in Germany to create the moulding that is even better.

Last edited by a moderator:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very surprising given Worthing was practically ground zero for initial cases.
Thought it was more Brighton and Hove early doors ? The superspreader had links to a couple of locum doctors who practised at different surgeries in Brighton that were both closed for a while. Also The Grenadier pub in Hove was thought to be where some more cross-infection may have taken place but was later ok'd. There was someone who was a medic who presented early doors with the virus in Worthing but mostly it's been very low key here I think.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Surprised from 122,000 tests only 6,201 new positives? Would be good to know if there is a lag from test to result. I guess if the test is done the result is known.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Piers Morgan must be absolutely gutted

He has just confirmed that only 73000 were tested. Hate the man but he's not wrong. Frankly, it's a good effort to get to 73000 but I'd have a hell of a lot more respect if the government had just said, "sorry, we tried but couldn't quite make the target" rather than just manipulating the figures to make themselves look good.

Jimmy Grimble

352 England
17 Wales
40 Scotland
18 NI

Total of around 427 initially, Thursday is normally a very high number so this is a much better number than previous week.

739 as per news conference.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
He has just confirmed that only 73000 were tested. Hate the man but he's not wrong. Frankly, it's a good effort to get to 73000 but I'd have a hell of a lot more respect if the government had just said, "sorry, we tried but couldn't quite make the target" rather than just manipulating the figures to make themselves look good.

That Prof John Newton fella didn’t hide this fact though. He went through the breakdown of the numbers and confirmed this was the way it’s always been counted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here