Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
43k tests, 71k capacity, 3.9k positive results.

Also re: how the deaths regarding COVID are registered, if you have late stage cancer and catch the virus, there’s no doubt in my mind it should be put on the death certificate, if it isn’t put on it you start treading a very dangerous line as to what you do and don’t register as a COVID related death. To me if you have Coronavirus and it’s shortened your life by a minute, its a contributing factor to death and should absolutely be listed. If the governments didn’t do this they’d be accused of trying to cover up real figures.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People share their very personal stories and you demand proof from them. Well done.

It is not standard procedure. My cousin died of a stroke in Worthing hospital. She was there for two days, and tested for Covid. That was negative, so her sister and husband were allowed to be with her when she died.
A personal story, yes, but also showing it isn’t standard procedure.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
43k tests, 71k capacity, 3.9k positive results.

Also re: how the deaths regarding COVID are registered, if you have late stage cancer and catch the virus, there’s no doubt in my mind it should be put on the death certificate, if it isn’t put on it you start treading a very dangerous line as to what you do and don’t register as a COVID related death. To me if you have Coronavirus and it’s shortened your life by a minute, its a contributing factor to death and should absolutely be listed. If the governments didn’t do this they’d be accused of trying to cover up real figures.

thats correct, though the implication of the story above is they didnt have the virus or symptoms. i have no doubt there will be mis-reporting, i dont believe doctors will put it on a death certificate if there are no symptoms.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
It's not, because when you said this:

you give the impression that they've just been given a green light to open. They've always had the green light. And you're saying that restrictions are being lifted, while at the same time saying those restrictions were never there in the first place.

So if you agree that these shops were always allowed to be opened, what restrictions are you claiming are being lifted?

Maybe we’re at cross purposes or maybe I just didn’t put into words very well, or maybe your just being a little argumentative, lots of large chains shut at the start at lockdown, and have recently or are about to reopen, this will increase footfall outside during the next few weeks,
Mr Hancock recently stated that they were never told to shut in the first place, thus planting a seed in the public’s mind that it’s ok to visit the shops as the health secretary has said it’s ok.
I also believe the government may use this opportunity of increased people movement to monitor the stats before making their next decisions on the easing of the current measures.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
What would they gain from lying about it? This was all from one comments section, I’ve heard similar for weeks, I think a lot of it is true.

It’s already been established that the reporting of Covid deaths was massively overblown. When Italy said they had 11,000+ deaths, it was probably more like 1,200.

This opened my mind on the whole thing:

https://youtu.be/RkJELpndAOs

Have you seen this?

fallback.png

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...eredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/latest

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe we’re at cross purposes or maybe I just didn’t put into words very well, or maybe your just being a little argumentative
Well I'm not trying to argue for the sake of it (despite what others may choose to think).

lots of large chains shut at the start at lockdown, and have recently or are about to reopen, this will increase footfall outside during the next few weeks
Ok.

Mr Hancock recently stated that they were never told to shut in the first place, thus planting a seed in the public’s mind that it’s ok to visit the shops as the health secretary has said it’s ok.
I'm surprised that the public didn't already think it was ok to visit these shops. It's always been very clear we're allowed to get takeaway food.

I also believe the government may use this opportunity of increased people movement to monitor the stats before making their next decisions on the easing of the current measures.
There are more people out and about, as people get fed-up of staying in, as well as get hit more by the financial implications of not working, and I agree that the government will see how it goes as more people go out. The only bit I disagreed with was the suggestion that the government have lifted any
restrictions. Maybe they have felt it's worth pointing out that there never were restrictions stopping some shops from opening, as perhaps they do want to see more people moving about, but that's not the same as lifting restrictions, that's all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That may all be true, or it may all be made up. You just can't tell from a bunch of random posts on facebook.

If it's true, people should go to the press with proof, I'm sure they'd be interested in reporting it.

This.

And, anecdotes prove nothing.

My statistic will show in the next couple of days whether there has been manipulation (revealed by a disproportionate increase in new Covid deaths in relation to new covid cases). I'll post on the deaths thread as usual.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This.

And, anecdotes prove nothing.

My statistic will show in the next couple of days whether there has been manipulation (revealed by a disproportionate increase in new Covid deaths in relation to new covid cases). I'll post on the deaths thread as usual.
It also doesn't make any sense. I understand the logic of the government lying in order to worry people into staying home, but the tactic of making it look like we've got more deaths than any other country in Europe would also make the government look incompetent. It's the opposite of what China have done. It's just nonsense.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
It also doesn't make any sense. I understand the logic of the government lying in order to worry people into staying home, but the tactic of making it look like we've got more deaths than any other country in Europe would also make the government look incompetent. It's the opposite of what China have done. It's just nonsense.

This.

I'm not really investing in any figures ATM as there are still so many variables. But to buy into the gov 'lying' about them and hinting at some sort of fear agenda? I'm not adverse to a bit of 'what would David Blaine do with this situation?' type of musings, but seriously? I think that once you start buying into narratives based on 'they lied to us', then we are on the slippery slope to Ickesville.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What would they gain from lying about it? This was all from one comments section, I’ve heard similar for weeks, I think a lot of it is true.

It’s already been established that the reporting of Covid deaths was massively overblown. When Italy said they had 11,000+ deaths, it was probably more like 1,200.

The Italy hospital footage conspiracy theory is hilarious. If you understood how news clips are gathered and indexed you'd understand how mistakes often happen.

They happen more than you think. It's only recently that morons without a mind of their own (who are sucked into other morons on YouTube) have started picking up on it. It takes one person to label something incorrectly and all hell breaks loose.

This is basic David Icke type bullshit. You'll grow out of it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Is your mind also open to the concept of astroturfing ?

Seeded fake stories used to imply grassroots support for an idea.

Steer clear of Facebook - it is used to 'nudge' your opinions and ultimately corrupt your free will.

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
“High availability” of CV9 testing in Brighton. Has to be done in a car, unfortunately, but if you’ve gone one and want the test, you can apply via the gov.uk site.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
“High availability” of CV9 testing in Brighton. Has to be done in a car, unfortunately, but if you’ve gone one and want the test, you can apply via the gov.uk site.
I'm much more interested in a 'have I had it' test than a 'have I got it' test.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm much more interested in a 'have I had it' test than a 'have I got it' test.

This.

Been told on 111 I have "probably" had it, it "probably" turned into a bacterial chest infection and "should" go in 5 days. The anti-biotics I was given have undoubtedly started to work so points 2 and 3 look good. But I won't know the main thing, which is point 1.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Same. I had the short fever, the dry cough, the tight chest and the resulting bacterial infection. I’d love to know if that’s what I had.

And if I did then I came down with it the first week in January, which means the virus has been around a bit longer than thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here