Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember going to Butlins as a kid in the late 60's and parents leaving their kids in the chalets when they went out at night. The camp would have people walking around listening for any sounds and if they heard anything, they would report it and a sign would come on in the theatre / entertainment area saying "Baby crying in chalet X123" No one thought anything of it.n

Pontins camps were the same. It was a fenced in community, the chalet maids would patrol round if you had given security your chalet number, & contact you if a child was crying. It was common practise for thousands of holiday makers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looking at the released details of the case if I was investigating this case I would certainly expect the McCanns to be explaining some pretty damning findings. DNA in car boot etc. I would be very interested to know how far the investigation against them went. There are definitely some unanswered questions. Odd.

The released details.....by that then not everything is known...but its ok to sit in judgement?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
43. In the case files you were SHOWN CANINE forensic testing films, where you can see them marking due to detection of the scent of human corpse and blood traces, also human, and only human, as well as all the comments of the technician in charge of them. After watching and after the marking of the scent of corpse in your bedroom beside the wardrobe and behind the sofa, pushed up against the sofa wall, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
44. When the sniffer dog also marked human blood behind the sofa, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
45. When the sniffer dog marked the scent of corpse coming from the vehicle you hired a month after the disappearance, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
46. When human blood was marked in the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
47. When confronted with the results of Maddie’s DNA, whose analysis was carried out in a British laboratory, collected from behind the sofa and the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

Pretty strong questions. For the benefit of the jury, your honour, what were the answers and what became of this evidence?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Has your original comment been deleted? Exactly who is stopping you from blaming the parents for her, unsupported death?

Nobody is stoping me, I have been insulted and told 'shame on me' for having an opinion that differs to others, at the end of the day what are people basing the fact they DON'T think it had something to do with them? There are no other solid leads and they are extremely suspicious read the questions she refused to answer. There isn't really evidence either way to say they were involved or not, like I said its mainly based on a hunch as well as other things (that I've already said) I find very suspicious. My gut feeling tells me something isn't right, and looking at the KNOWN evidence there is no real other leads, even if you take everything the McCanns say as fact it's still suspicious. Who's to say Madeline was alive before they went out? Well? It's all based on them. And I don't trust them. Especially the father.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I love how people won't allow anyone to have different opinions, what I think is based on maybe a hunch yes as nobody seems to know anything but how anyone can say they aren't shifty is beyond me, people have pulled the wool over people's eyes before so why not them? A few questions they refused to answer....

43. In the case files you were SHOWN CANINE forensic testing films, where you can see them marking due to detection of the scent of human corpse and blood traces, also human, and only human, as well as all the comments of the technician in charge of them. After watching and after the marking of the scent of corpse in your bedroom beside the wardrobe and behind the sofa, pushed up against the sofa wall, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
44. When the sniffer dog also marked human blood behind the sofa, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
45. When the sniffer dog marked the scent of corpse coming from the vehicle you hired a month after the disappearance, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
46. When human blood was marked in the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
47. When confronted with the results of Maddie’s DNA, whose analysis was carried out in a British laboratory, collected from behind the sofa and the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

Why don't you post this under your real name? Or would that be too embarrassing?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Other than the met time line he would have to be in two places at once.

From the Portuguese Police

'It cannot be that way, because nobody knows for sure at what time the things happened. The reconstruction was not made, therefore it is impossible to know for certain. The employees do not state that Gerry McCann was in the restaurant. They only say that people were sitting down and getting up from the table. Their testimony [Smith] is very credible. The way that the person walked, the clumsy manner in which the child was held. It is nothing that sounds invented. Is it evidence? Certainly not. It is information that has to be worked further.'

And from the Smiths:

Gerry exits the plane, carrying his son against his left shoulder, the child's arms down along his sides, down the stairs and across the tarmack Gerry walks

- The Smith family see this recording on the news at 22h00 and are hit hard: they know this person, this way of carrying a child and of walking. It is Gerry McCann, they believe with a high degree of certainty, that they saw on 3 May at about 22h00, carrying a 4 yr old girl who appeared to be deeply asleep

- The father contacts the police to communicate this new information. He says he has not slept since 9 Sept and is very upset. It's as if he re-lived the night he saw the man carrying the child. Seeing Gerry walk and carry the child, awoke something in his head...

- Still not completely convinced, he watches the news again on ITV and also on Sky.

- No, there are no doubts. Gerry McCann looks just like the same person he saw carrying the child on May 3.

- Smith, upset and worried about what he saw and has concluded, needs the investigators to contact him.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't recall the press slaughtering the parents in the Russell Bishop, Babes in the wood case. And council estate scum is an uneducated, pejorative statement that is unworthy of you.

I have every sympathy for Madeleine and her siblings but for her parents ? NO ! These are supposedly educated adults who are so selfish they leave their children alone in a hotel room because they are so desperate to go out to dinner. Most normal parents would either have taken their children with them to dinner or not gone at all.

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
I love how people won't allow anyone to have different opinions, what I think is based on maybe a hunch yes as nobody seems to know anything but how anyone can say they aren't shifty is beyond me, people have pulled the wool over people's eyes before so why not them? A few questions they refused to answer....

A number of points to clarify here.
1 They didn't refuse to answer, they said they couldn't explain any more than they already had.
2 Take an ultraviolet light into ANY hotel room in the world, you will find evidence of human blood, faeces, seminal and vaginal fluids, saliva and any amount of other DNA samples.
3 Forensic corpse sniffer dogs cannot differentiate between mammalian corpses with any degree of accuracy.
4 DNA evidence of Maddie in the boot of the car can be explained any number of ways through cross contamination. DNA transfer is incredibly easy, for example, from beach towels, bathing costumes etc.
5 If confronted by any of the above "evidence", your only possible answer if innocent could only be. "I cannot explain any more than I already have."

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The released details.....by that then not everything is known...but its ok to sit in judgement?

Am I sitting in Judgement? No. I'm, not. I am expressing surprise that the possibility of them being involved was considered so briefly. People need to detach the emotional "God how can you accuse the parents, the hell they must be in" reaction. I am not accusing them I am saying the investigation should have delved further into their possible involvement. Crimes don't get solved by pussyfooting around the nearest and dearest The people closest to a victim are usually the ones with motive, means and opportunity and they often turn out to be the perpetrator.

So please, read what people have posted before you come back with accusations. Read and understand.

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Am I sitting in Judgement? No. I'm, not. I am expressing surprise that the possibility of them being involved was considered so briefly. People need to detach the emotional "God how can you accuse the parents, the hell they must be in" reaction. I am not accusing them I am saying the investigation should have delved further into their possible involvement. Crimes don't get solved by pussyfooting around the nearest and dearest The people closest to a victim are usually the ones with motive, means and opportunity and they often turn out to be the perpetrator.

So please, read what people have posted before you come back with accusations. Read and understand.

In the thousand upon thousands of police man hours spent on this case don't you think that they delved into their possible involvement more than surface deep??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here