Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann...

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
All correct. The Cadaverine sniffer dog apparently indicating positive for a corpse behind the couch, the positive idication of a body being in their car..Also complete shit. Cadaver dogs can't smell a body that was only there for approx 20 minutes as was the case here before the place was swarming with bizzies...and the McCanns only hired the car 2 weeks after Maddie disappeared. The theory being that Gerry buried her on the beach, waited 2 weeks, then went back, whilst under Police scrutiny, dug her up and moved her.

What rot.

Thankyou BH, seems us Bevendeanites are blessed with a degree of common sense.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've said since day 1 that on one of them had something to do with her going missing,watch all the interviews that have been done and tell me Gerry had nothing to do with it

You'd not be fighting Nostradmus to suggest that a child going missing has been abducted by someone they knew.

I've watched many of the interviews and would suggest that Gerry McCann didn't have anything to do with it. What makes you think he has?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Many of those judging guilt based on the parents' reactions would do well to read Albert Camus' The Outsider, about a man deemed to be not reacting to his mother's death as he "should". In the author's notes he says "in our society, any man who doesn't cry at his mother's funeral is liable to be condemned to death"... Or in this case those deemed to not be giving it the full X factor sobbing in every interview must have murdered their own kid...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
All correct. The Cadaverine sniffer dog apparently indicating positive for a corpse behind the couch, the positive idication of a body being in their car..Also complete shit. Cadaver dogs can't smell a body that was only there for approx 20 minutes as was the case here before the place was swarming with bizzies...and the McCanns only hired the car 2 weeks after Maddie disappeared. The theory being that Gerry buried her on the beach, waited 2 weeks, then went back, whilst under Police scrutiny, dug her up and moved her.

What rot.

It's remarkable what people would believe, if they want it to be true.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I've said since day 1 that on one of them had something to do with her going missing,watch all the interviews that have been done and tell me Gerry had nothing to do with it

I've watched them the same as you and I don't reckon he did it.

Come on then Poirot...what's your evidence?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
At the time of the original disappearance I was dating a social worker who was with the child protection agency. I learnt through her that the McCanns were questioned extensively many times and at one point were the main suspects. At that time they were cleared of involvement. I was not privy to any more information other than that, it would have been extremely unprofessional of her to divulge anything else of significance. However, she was of the opinion that they were not involved and indeed it was the opinion of the police as well.

Well if it's good enough for someone you dated years ago who holds her professional duties so dear she blabs to her current squeeze then that my friend is good enough for me. Next case please.

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Well if it's good enough for someone you dated years ago who holds her professional duties so dear she blabs to her current squeeze then that my friend is good enough for me. Next case please.

If you read the post properly. you can see that beyond her personal opinion, there was no "Blabbing", despite me (desperately) wanting to know more details, she refused to divulge any more. She was the ultimate professional and to this day I hold her in extremely high regard.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't think anyone can tell from watching the videos that they are guilty or innocent. I personally think they are a bit odd when interviewed but then I have seeds of doubt about their involvement so that affects your judgement.

Just as a general note. I don't take the word of some bird of someone I have never met who said she picked up info from work as fact and to portray it as such and use it as an argument against anyone's point of view by using phrases like "Don't let the facts get in the way" How is that a FACT? It's laughable. It's a small step above "my mate down the pub said..."

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Brilliant effort but I refer you to my previous post: he would have to be in two places at once based on the metropolitan police timeline. Mum left dad at table, at the same time man seen walking to beach.

Not according to this.

Mr. Smith believes Gerry McCann may be the man he saw on the Rua da Escola. Some say this is an impossibility because Gerry was dining in the Tapas Restaurant at the time of the sighting. Well, he is if you believe some of the statements of the Tapas 9 but there is no independent corroboration by any of the waiters that he was there exactly when Kate sounded the alarm after 10 pm nor can any independent witness put Gerry in the Tapas restaurant for the period of time prior to Kate raising the alarm. So there is nothing to say that this wasn't Gerry that the Smith's saw who then dumped the child he was carrying and returned to take his seat in the Tapas just before Kate showed up.

Actually one independent witness reports seeing Gerry running off between 9:30 and 10:00. I am not privy to the detailed Met time line. However I have seen the existing time lines written closer in time to the actual event. They are confusing and inconsistent making it impossible (as far as i am concerned) to reliably place Gerry anywhere around this time.

For what its worth - I think whoever was seen by the Smiths (9 independent witnesses) is likely to be key to the case. I am basing this on this person never coming forward to clear themselves. It may or may not have been Gerry. I don't think at this stage it is possible to say it definately wasn't Gerry imho.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you read the post properly. you can see that beyond her personal opinion, there was no "Blabbing", despite me (desperately) wanting to know more details, she refused to divulge any more. She was the ultimate professional and to this day I hold her in extremely high regard.

Well I haven't got a clue who she is so you'll forgive me if I don't take her pillow talk as evidence. I'm sure someone such as yourself who seems so adamant that we should all only rely on solid facts would agree you should act on the same standard no?

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
I don't think anyone can tell from watching the videos that they are guilty or innocent. I personally think they are a bit odd when interviewed but then I have seeds of doubt about their involvement so that affects your judgement.

Just as a general note. I don't take the word of some bird of someone I have never met who said she picked up info from work as fact and to portray it as such and use it as an argument against anyone's point of view by using phrases like "Don't let the facts get in the way" How is that a FACT? It's laughable. It's a small step above "my mate down the pub said..."

What is it with you and not reading posts properly. At no time have I used the phrase "don't let the facts get in the way" but don't let the facts get in the way of that.
Tw@t

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
It was exactly the kind of oafish drivel being spouted on here by I'll informed amateurs who are basing their opinions on how they think traumatised parents should behave that led the Portuguese police down a blind alley in the first place.

If the McCanns are heartless child murderers who drugged their kids routinely and who didn't love them then how come everyone who knew Madeleine said she was a very happy and well adjusted three year old?no signs of trouble at home, all the kids cherished and thriving...then they just murder her, get away with it and spend the next six years in the public gaze begging for help to find her.

Jesus wept.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Something still isnt right here and i highly doubt we wont find out what happened for years to come - and that is whether she is still alive or not. After what happened earlier this year in Ohio, last year in California and a few years ago in Austria - you cant say she has 100% been killed.

I dont believe that the parents murdered her though, they certainly dont come across as the type of people who would have done that. If the parents are involved, then its quite possibly one of the biggest cover up of a crime by the perpetrators ever.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What is it with you and not reading posts properly. At no time have I used the phrase "don't let the facts get in the way" but don't let the facts get in the way of that.
Tw@t

It wasn't you that posted it. And I never said it was. Think it's you that needs to read posts properly. Your lack of attention to detail doesn't help your cause much (nor does name-calling) Back to the point: So dodgy, anecdotal evidence is okay if it backs YOUR argument up.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You would never express this view under your real name, therefore your ill informed theory on this highly emotive subject is invalid.

I would actually, as I said at the start what I am expressing is an opinion if you disagree then that's your opinion. There's too many unanswered questions and things that don't add up. As I've said in a few comments already there are certainly things that make them look as though there is something not quite right. But lets not go round in circles, we just disagree, I have no issue with that

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

It could be though Nibster the conversation went

Govinda Tim "What do you think about the McCann case"

Strumpet "They would have been interviewed as a matter of course, from what I have heard in terms of tittle tattle they were at one point prime suspects but that was dropped"

GT " Any chance of slipping one up the council"

Strumpet "If you insist, but remember, the safe word is LEMON, ok, LEMON"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It could be though Nibster the conversation went

Govinda Tim "What do you think about the McCann case"

Strumpet "They would have been interviewed as a matter of course, from what I have heard in terms of tittle tattle they were at one point prime suspects but that was dropped"

GT " Any chance of slipping one up the council"

Strumpet "If you insist, but remember, the safe word is LEMON, ok, LEMON"

Quite. It's not so much that I think she lied, it's that GT berates people for basing things on no evidence and then backs up his own argument based on his then shagpiece spreading gossip from work. LEMON.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I would actually, as I said at the start what I am expressing is an opinion if you disagree then that's your opinion. There's too many unanswered questions and things that don't add up. As I've said in a few comments already there are certainly things that make them look as though there is something not quite right. But lets not go round in circles, we just disagree, I have no issue with that

What unanswered questions? There has been exhaustive enquiry by the Portuguese and British Police, christ knows how much attention by criminal psychologists, profilers and other experts and no serious investigators believe Kate and Gerry McCann had anything to do with it.

You seem to have formed a view based on your bias and instinct. Everyone has a right to be wrong but at least try and offer an argument before deciding guilt and defaming them. What evidence do you have of their involvement? How come you are allowed to point fingers at the McCanns with impunity? Just give me the FACTS behind your suspicions.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
It was exactly the kind of oafish drivel being spouted on here by I'll informed amateurs who are basing their opinions on how they think traumatised parents should behave that led the Portuguese police down a blind alley in the first place.

If the McCanns are heartless child murderers who drugged their kids routinely and who didn't love them then how come everyone who knew Madeleine said she was a very happy and well adjusted three year old?no signs of trouble at home, all the kids cherished and thriving...then they just murder her, get away with it and spend the next six years in the public gaze begging for help to find her.

Jesus wept.

This. 100%. Sometimes I think NSC is quite a civilised place, albeit with a variety of views. Then I open a thread like this ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here