Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann...

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Criminal neglect? I've known people who would put their children to bed in their own house and be further away that where they were in relation to Maddie, whilst being in the same building.

Good parents never make mistakes. Bad parents do. Or something...

Exactly, point well made. There is no difference to what the McCanns did and being on holiday in a hotel, putting your kids to bed and then going down to the hotel restaurant to eat. In fact, you would probably be further away from your kids than they were.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
This will go two ways,a major breakthrough in the next 24/36 hours or all over by Friday. Yes they were wrong to leave them alone (but we have all done it even for five minutes) no they did not do it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
[yt]Ly8AMyCpfjg[/YT]

That really is a terribly manipulative, offensive film and if I'd posted that I'd be ashamed of myself.

They are an odd couple but that doesn't mean they know anything more than they ****ed up. T

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Criminal neglect? I've known people who would put their children to bed in their own house and be further away that where they were in relation to Maddie, whilst being in the same building.

Good parents never make mistakes. Bad parents do. Or something...

Nail.Head.On.

Anyone whose ever been on a package to the costas KNOWS that a lot of parents leave the kids in the Apartment while they go on the lash. the difference? They're common people, the McCanns are middle class Doctors so we can all tut tut at them.

What the McCanns did...in a gated community in a quiet seaside town before 10 in the evening...I can't say I've done the same thing myself, but can completely understand that they felt quite safe and secure there.

They've suffered enough ffs.btheir baby has gone,Christ knows where, and they're in hell every day of their lives

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
The big 'new' evidence in the Crimewatch programme was the Smith sighting. The Smiths at the time claimed they thought this was Gerry. See below from the PJ report.

Further on this issue, the testimony of MARTIN SMITH was considered, pages 1606 and following, reporting the sighting of an individual carrying a child, in one of the streets that lead to the beach. It was said that the child could be MADELEINE McCANN, although it was never peremptorily stated. Some time later, the witness alleged that, by its stance, the individual who carried the child could be GERALD McCANN, which was concluded when he saw him descending the stairs from an airplane, pages 2871, 3991 and following and 4135 and following. It was established that at the time that was being mentioned, GERALD McCANN was sitting at the table, in the Tapas Restaurant.

The reference to Gerry being at the Tapas Restaurant at the time was never proven. Funnily enough the photofit on Crimewatch looks remarkably like a well known parent. Mythis is what the police are hoping to prove.be

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
This is not aimed at anyone or indeed any comments so far.

Debate by all means but please do not start name calling etc etc just because opinions differ.

Stay calm guys :)

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Exactly, point well made. There is no difference to what the McCanns did and being on holiday in a hotel, putting your kids to bed and then going down to the hotel restaurant to eat. In fact, you would probably be further away from your kids than they were.

I remember going to Butlins as a kid in the late 60's and parents leaving their kids in the chalets when they went out at night. The camp would have people walking around listening for any sounds and if they heard anything, they would report it and a sign would come on in the theatre / entertainment area saying "Baby crying in chalet X123" No one thought anything of it.n

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I love how people won't allow anyone to have different opinions, what I think is based on maybe a hunch yes as nobody seems to know anything but how anyone can say they aren't shifty is beyond me, people have pulled the wool over people's eyes before so why not them? A few questions they refused to answer....

43. In the case files you were SHOWN CANINE forensic testing films, where you can see them marking due to detection of the scent of human corpse and blood traces, also human, and only human, as well as all the comments of the technician in charge of them. After watching and after the marking of the scent of corpse in your bedroom beside the wardrobe and behind the sofa, pushed up against the sofa wall, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
44. When the sniffer dog also marked human blood behind the sofa, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
45. When the sniffer dog marked the scent of corpse coming from the vehicle you hired a month after the disappearance, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
46. When human blood was marked in the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
47. When confronted with the results of Maddie’s DNA, whose analysis was carried out in a British laboratory, collected from behind the sofa and the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The first time they were asked about being suspect's is the first time she didn't look at Kirsty Wark when answering. NOT ONCE!

That doesn't mean anything. it may have triggered an upsetting memory, may have triggered a visual or aural memory or may have been distracted by a moving microphone then talked to that until her concentration was broken again.

Eye access queues have to be used ONLY when controls have been set and even then used in context with the surroundings.

I used to teach it as part of an interview technique and it wasn't worth the teaching time.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The reference to Gerry being at the Tapas Restaurant at the time was never proven. Funnily enough the photofit on Crimewatch looks remarkably like a well known parent. Mythis is what the police are hoping to prove.be

Other than the met time line he would have to be in two places at once.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I love how people won't allow anyone to have different opinions, what I think is based on maybe a hunch yes as nobody seems to know anything but how anyone can say they aren't shifty is beyond me,

Has your original comment been deleted? Exactly who is stopping you from blaming the parents, for her unsupported or assumed death?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I love how people won't allow anyone to have different opinions, what I think is based on maybe a hunch yes as nobody seems to know anything but how anyone can say they aren't shifty is beyond me, people have pulled the wool over people's eyes before so why not them? A few questions they refused to answer....

43. In the case files you were SHOWN CANINE forensic testing films, where you can see them marking due to detection of the scent of human corpse and blood traces, also human, and only human, as well as all the comments of the technician in charge of them. After watching and after the marking of the scent of corpse in your bedroom beside the wardrobe and behind the sofa, pushed up against the sofa wall, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
44. When the sniffer dog also marked human blood behind the sofa, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
45. When the sniffer dog marked the scent of corpse coming from the vehicle you hired a month after the disappearance, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
46. When human blood was marked in the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
47. When confronted with the results of Maddie’s DNA, whose analysis was carried out in a British laboratory, collected from behind the sofa and the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

Interesting is this fact ?

Could the sighting of the man carrying a girl towards the beach be on a different time at night as it did look a bit like....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Looking at the released details of the case if I was investigating this case I would certainly expect the McCanns to be explaining some pretty damning findings. DNA in car boot etc. I would be very interested to know how far the investigation against them went. There are definitely some unanswered questions. Odd.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm actually amazed that the majority of posters here seem to believe the parents are guilty and that this is evidenced by factors such as (a) them not crying when they appear in public, and (b) them leaving their children locked in a hotel room whilst they ate dinner a couple of minutes away. I love my kids, but I often leave them to play out of sight, in the garden. When I see the McCanns, I'm more likely to think "There but for the grace of God" than judge them on a supposed lack of good parenting. I can't imagine what they have to go through every second of every day - it doesn't bear thinking about...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here