Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** LV County Championship Sussex vs Notts 19-23 July ****

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
192/6 - Brown goes 1st ball. Start the car.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brown out pulling - they all fancy a day off

The problem is that all the batsmen know they're undroppable, Yardy's on the way out so there's no other option. That doesn't encourage a responsible attitude

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And this was a 'relegation 6 pointer' to use football terminology. We're in deep shit now.

We Are Doomed I Tells Ya!.png

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It is not just where we are going but how we are doing it !!! Magoffin continues to perform and Wrighty is having a good season but everybody else is poor. Yardy wants out. There needs to be new management, a freshen up.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Harry Gurney seemed to scare the living daylights out of our batsmen when all he was doing was hanging the ball at no more than nippy pace outside the off stump and saying "have a go if you're feeling lucky" - and they all bloody did, even those who didn't get out to him played and missed more times than I've had hot dinners. This team look shot.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think the lads knew the game was up and well, gave up. It's not good, lack of confidence and most are out of form with the bat and we struggle to get wickets now too. Missing Jordan and Hatchard means we are very light in that department. As I stated earlier, this year we will go down.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Harry Gurney seemed to scare the living daylights out of our batsmen when all he was doing was hanging the ball at no more than nippy pace outside the off stump and saying "have a go if you're feeling lucky" - and they all bloody did, even those who didn't get out to him played and missed more times than I've had hot dinners. This team look shot.

Did the same in the second innings earlier this season at Trent Bridge. Another dreadful batting performance! Relegation is very very likely now.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It is not just where we are going but how we are doing it !!! Magoffin continues to perform and Wrighty is having a good season but everybody else is poor.

Bit harsh: Brown's had a decent season and Machan averages well over 40. Robinson hasn't been too bad and Shahzad, until his injury, was high in the averages.

It looks like a season too far for Joyce, Wells and Nash have been poor, and Cachopa hasn't cracked on. And we were always going to be found out for not having a proper spinner.

Yes, we've been unlucky with injuries but there should have been some planning there: Anyon and Hatchett are long-term injuries and Mills is a walking ambulance case. We couldn't have known about Jordan, but there was a chance that he was on England call anyway. So,. really, only Shahzad is unexpected. We also knew that RHB was going and Prior was likely to go before the start of the season and made no effort to replace them. If Robbo was a football manager, he'd have been sacked for that lack of foresight

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Woeful batting by most. Did anyone go to the supporters forum at 10 am and hear what excuses were trotted out?

I went but missed the first 20 minutes and the last 10 (see below). In a nutshell, they didn't appear to see the need for a batting coach - they used Jayawardena as a kind of batting coach until he went, money's tight, the loan market has dried up, relegation would be sustainable financially, We've got the best groundsman in the country but the Hove micro climate makes preparing pitches a bit of a lottery, can't really explain why the Hove pitch is so capricious this year, Robbo won't give the players a bollocking for chasing the ball outside off stump for example to Harry Gurney's bowling because they know they shouldn't so whats the point in berating them for it, Robbo couldn't get to sleep until 2 ( or later he said 3) am after the last T20 defeat, so it hurts to be beaten and he doesn't like it, but hang on, aren't we doing well in T20 this season in comparison with last season, everyone's worried about our Championship form but if we get relegated so be it.

I left early....couldnt stand it - there seemed to be an air of resignation about our fate this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here