Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luton have been fined £120,000 by the FA for their fans' homophobic chants at Brighton.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I didn't hear anything like that from them, but did hear the abuse at Joao Pedro which was way over the line.

Loads of little wankers attempting to kick off at the station as well, spitting off the bridge and shouting abuse at people that had no way of getting to them. Suppose they got overexcited at going to a proper stadium.
Pedro did play for their rivals, we weren’t exactly pleasant to Haha and if we meet him again in Europe we still won’t be very pleasant.

Luton have always been scummy little rats nothing new there. About the only club I’ve noticed that had twelve year old spotters on push bikes at the station waiting for away fans.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
🤫

I think everyone is going to get a free pie
A virtual free pie doesn’t make any more palatable, those people who equate homophobic abuse and racism with being taunted about benefits or caravans or think we should not do anything about it now because it was less unacceptable 50 years ago - yes, football fans should be fined and given FBOs for homophobic and racist behaviour and people who condone it online or attempt to silence those that complain about it with ’anti-wokeism’ should be called out too imo.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A virtual free pie doesn’t make any more palatable, those people who equate homophobic abuse and racism with being taunted about benefits or caravans or think we should not do anything about it now because it was less unacceptable 50 years ago - yes, football fans should be fined and given FBOs for homophobic and racist behaviour and people who condone it online or attempt to silence those that complain about it with ’anti-wokeism’ should be called out too imo.
As I get older I do think some football fans are complete fecking embarrassing morons. They are comparable to idiots that go on holiday and don’t think the resort in the sun has any laws and they can act like dickheads for a week or two without any consequences.

As for homophobia these individuals don’t have the brain cell capacity to consider they will also be offending members of their own fan base with homophobic chanting.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Fair enough. I’ll pop you down as “no pie.”

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you suggesting they are all first time offenders? That this was the first time any of those people made homophobic chants? If so I understand your point. But it would be statistically unlikely for this to be true. Luton should have already banned them.
Well its the first time Luton fans have visited the Amex, so the opportunity for the homophobic chants presented itself that day, and the brain-dead mungo's duley went ahead and filled their boots.

To be clear - I'm not against the sanction. Its a deterrent, of sorts. But at the same time, I don't really see what Luton FC could have done beforehand to prevent this from happening.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
… but, more seriously. I do agree with what you say.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Fair enough. I’ll pop you down as “no pie.”
Really - so as a moderator, you see nothing wrong in attitudes like this to homophobic behaviour?
It’s football. You give some. You take some. Seems a lot on here want a completely sterile environment. Ever thought taking up Crochet?
Wow.

EDIT: Just seen your latest post

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Watching Doctor Who tonight reminded me that it is possible to arrive at the Amex from the 1970s without actually time travelling. If you're from Luton.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Well its the first time Luton fans have visited the Amex, so the opportunity for the homophobic chants presented itself that day, and the brain-dead mungo's duley went ahead and filled their boots.

To be clear - I'm not against the sanction. Its a deterrent, of sorts. But at the same time, I don't really see what Luton FC could have done beforehand to prevent this from happening.
They could have banned them the first time they made chants like that. People don't visit the Amex and suddenly come down homophobic. They will have been doing this at previous games.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

To be clear - I'm not against the sanction. It’s a deterrent, of sorts. But at the same time, I don't really see what Luton FC could have done beforehand to prevent this from happening.
Luton Town officials must have known of potential risk (10/10 chance) that some of their fans were likely to chant homophobic abuse and that it would no doubt come back on them. At the very least the club could have put a strongly worded message in an email to those that purchased tickets. It’s a continuous education programme. We see it at a lot of games - announcements over the PA and messages on screens about every form of discrimination being unacceptable and saying what could happen if someone was found to be engaging in such abuse.

What is clear from some of the comments here is that some NSC members clearly think homophobic abuse is acceptable.

Last edited:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
It’s football. You give some. You take some. Seems a lot on here want a completely sterile environment. Ever thought taking up Crochet?
No one is asking for a sterile environment. There's plenty of reasonable 'banter' that can be had between fans without resorting to chants that are discriminatory - oh, and illegal. But you seem to think that football should be treated differently and twats that chant such abuse should be given a pass as "it's football".

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Didn’t hear that one
Their standard trope seemed to be CA’AN LOO’

Which apparently translates to Come on Luton!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You think crochet is harmless? Have you seen those hooks?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
What happens to the fine? It's us who were chanted at, perhaps it could be distributed to our supporters who were at the game. £4 each is a pie.

Just a thought.

:lolol:
Christmas parties at the FA don't come cheap these days, that's the problem with you supporters always thinking of yourself 😮.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I was convinced that we'd hear old-school homophobic nonsense from the Luton fans. Last time they played at this level it was probably de rigeur.

It's a fairly meaningless fine in financial terms but if it persuades the club to educate some of their supporters about the way most of us prefer to behave in the 21st century, I'm all for it.

(Didn't hear the chanting myself so perhaps it wasn't that many of them.)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just for the record I, an actual gay person, do not consider anything posted on this thread to be homophobic or treating homophobia lightly.

Homophobia is, of course, a serious issue. This thread going on a tangent about pies is classic NSC, nothing more or less.
FWIW - The comment I made was not in reference to ‘pies’ particularly but regarding one poster in particular who suggested that football should be allowed to get away with racism or homophobic behaviour.

Pies are neither here nor there (and I believe I responded with a laughter emoji to one of the comments re pies) This is treating homophobia lightly though and for what I take issue:

It’s not legal ‘to give some and take some’ anymore, not even in football stadiums - we have discrimination laws in place whether people think that’s a good thing or not and imo, it is right people are fined for discriminatory behaviour- Btw I am not black but my nieces and brother-in-law are and one of my nieces is gay - (and keen football fans too - Brighton, CP and Man U) who all attend games over the years - I don’t want them to be hearing racist or homophobic comments shouted from the terraces or hear other football supporters basically telling them to suck it up or take up crochet.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here