Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luton have been fined £120,000 by the FA for their fans' homophobic chants at Brighton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Luton admitted that they failed to ensure their spectators and/or supporters conduct themselves in an orderly fashion," an FA statement said.

So a bunch of slack-jawed feral coked up ratboys on a day trip from their grief-hole slums break out the homophobic chants in the away end. What exactly were Luton Town FC supposed to do to ensure that their spectators/supporters refrained from doing this ?

Yes there should be attempts to identify, charge and ban the ones who were doing it, but I dunno what the club are supposed to do to pre-empt it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yet another club fine handed out as a result of homophobic chanting for pathetic idiots!

Luton Town will ban any individuals identified!

When will people learn that it is totally unacceptable ...

NOTE: I did reply to the original 'alleged' post on the Albion in the News Forum - but thought it worthy of being on The Big Board as that's where most of the activity seems to be.
Next on my list of things to ban after homophobic chanting is excessive and unnecessary use of the exclamation mark. One thing Swansman had spot on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Next on my list of things to ban after homophobic chanting is excessive and unnecessary use of the exclamation mark. One thing Swansman had spot on.
Then onto excessive use of Caps Lock. There's a Piglets banquet in fines there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just used one in my previous post. I feel dirty now.

I'm going to go to my room for a while, and think about what I have done.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I really don't know why I bother posting on this forum. I post about a serious issue and most (not all) just use the opportunity to have a piss-take about pies ... and f***ing exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The only real good from this is if the fine money directly went to charities attempting to help. It won't it will disappear into the abyss.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
"Luton admitted that they failed to ensure their spectators and/or supporters conduct themselves in an orderly fashion," an FA statement said.

So a bunch of slack-jawed feral coked up ratboys on a day trip from their grief-hole slums break out the homophobic chants in the away end. What exactly were Luton Town FC supposed to do to ensure that their spectators/supporters refrained from doing this ?

Yes there should be attempts to identify, charge and ban the ones who were doing it, but I dunno what the club are supposed to do to pre-empt it.
Are you suggesting they are all first time offenders? That this was the first time any of those people made homophobic chants? If so I understand your point. But it would be statistically unlikely for this to be true. Luton should have already banned them.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I didn't hear anything like that from them, but did hear the abuse at Joao Pedro which was way over the line.

Loads of little wankers attempting to kick off at the station as well, spitting off the bridge and shouting abuse at people that had no way of getting to them. Suppose they got overexcited at going to a proper stadium.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I think I missed the match due to the father in law dying not long before.

He would want me to get as many pies as possible. Unless pints were an option in which case he'd want me to get a lot of them too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't hear anything like that from them, but did hear the abuse at Joao Pedro which was way over the line.

Loads of little wankers attempting to kick off at the station as well, spitting off the bridge and shouting abuse at people that had no way of getting to them. Suppose they got overexcited at going to a proper stadium.

There’s often been reports of gobbing or stone throwing from that bridge. There’s a significant police presence in and around the Amex, perhaps a few officers should occupy the bridge post match.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
In the 70’s a big chunk of the North Stand used to sing ‘There’s a black bitch on the pitch’ Should our sparkly clean club be retrospectively fined?
So any society having a history of sexual, racist and homophobic abuse renders any subsequent attempt for that society to address current incidences of discriminatory behaviour as hypocritical and not justified in your opinion?

Why don’t we propose we go back to Iron Age tribal society and just kill people who aren’t from the ‘same tribe’ as us while we’re at it …🙄

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

🤫

I think everyone is going to get a free pie

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Went to Luton away a few years ago and the Brihhton fans kept singing about pikeys and caravans. I like caravans. I was really offended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here