Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If I was Houghton I would keep him for the cup games (including FA Cup), a good fast winger who can produce, gets good exposure in the cup games to break into the toon 1st team squad!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The following appears in the Albion Almanac (produced by the Supporters Club) for Thursday April 29th. I can't find the original article on the Argus website:-
In the “Talkback” opinion column of The Argus, sports reporter Andy Naylor expands on a recent statement by Tony Bloom:
Albion chairman Tony Bloom has high expectations next season. Not as high, though, as being unhappy with a place in the play-offs.
That is what he said but not quite what he meant when we chatted on the track at Withdean prior to the Southampton match earlier this month. The message Bloom intended to get across was that Albion under Gus Poyet are aiming for the top two and will be disappointed if they do not finish in the top six. That is both reasonable and realistic for a club which has been fighting against relegation for the last two seasons and will have Southampton, possibly Leeds and probably Sheffield Wednesday, if not Crystal Palace, to contend with.
On the plus side, Albion now have a very wealthy chairman sinking an awful lot of
money into the club and a promising manager with a marquee name to spend it.
Poyet knows exactly where he stands. Sixth or better and he will be leading the Seagulls into Falmer. Seventh or worse then, as Dean Wilkins discovered under the Dick Knight regime, there are no guarantees.

That hardly comes across as a back track, imo. I don't know if it was the almanac's interpretation, but saying less than the play offs and poyet's future is uncertain doesn't exactly scream "I'm retracting my desire for automatic promotion", more "well, I'm hoping for top 2, I will accept play offs, any less and who knows what I might do..."

Last edited:

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
He played well - Against a league 2 team.
I see no reason to think there is less chance he will come here now.
Had he put in such a performance in the prem or against championship opposition, I would think differently

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
23:26Me
Is there any chance you will come back on loan ?

23:26Kazenga
i dont think so bro

23:27Me
oh, looked out for ya tonite, was unlucky not to score

23:27Kazenga
yh bloody post

when do you find out if your in the 25 man squad ?

23:28Kazenga
at training this morning

23:29Me
Oh, if your not in it ask to come back on loan down here !

23:32Kazenga
lol ill try

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Just watched the highlights, he did well - no surprise seeing as the opposition is a division lower than he faced when playing for us.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom

i dont think so bro

yh bloody post

at training this morning

lol ill try

:rant:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Still think it has to be better for his football development to be on loan at us (at least until Jan) then sat on the bench at best for Newcastle.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Poyet is still in the wait and see camp so never say never.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Just watched the highlights, he did well - no surprise seeing as the opposition is a division lower than he faced when playing for us.

played well and I thought at the time no way will he be coming back

i dont think so bro

yh bloody post

at training this morning

lol ill try
but having read this I'm now not so sure

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
played well and I thought at the time no way will he be coming back

but having read this I'm now not so sure

What did it show Hughton that he didn't already know though?
We all know he can cut the mustard at L1/L2 level, whether he can do the same in the CCC and EPL is another matter.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I do agree but OK put it in our terms, would we rather loan Caskey to Eastbourne for the season or have him training with our first team and playing the odd game in cups or emergency sub appearances?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I do agree but OK put it in our terms, would we rather loan Caskey to Eastbourne for the season or have him training with our first team and playing the odd game in cups or emergency sub appearances?

Oh loan him definitely. In fact sell him. I mean he is not making our first team in League 1 and if we go up he will, therefore, not make the team there. So we have no need for a young up and coming player. :facepalm:

Some people need to realise he is a Newcastle prospect. We wouldn't do it to one of ours so why would they with theirs?

I'd definitely rather Caskey went to Eastbourne and got more game time. Are you two seriously saying you wouldn't?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He has been in the wait and see camp for 3/4 months, that is what has frustrated me as we now have a young central midfielder on the wing, who let's face it, offers no more than Dean Cox did, plus the fact we have no cover at all.

So what would you like him to do? Get someone in (pay a transfer fee that could be spent elsewhere) who might not be as good as Lua Lua and then find out that Lua Lua is available or wait till just before deadline day for Lua Lua and if not available then go and get someone? Personally very much in favour of the second option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here