Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua new contract

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I don't know why but I find it bizarre that Lua Lua is one of our current longest serving players. Never really got the impression that he genuinely likes playing for us. Maybe it's just me. Good news, either way.

You're on the money there Grimble, but you could say that about a lot of our players in recent seasons and I think part of that is having managers who weren't overtly personable in Oscar and Hyypia. Hopefully with Chris we usher in a new dawn on that front, with all the players calling him daddy like they did with Gus (or similar) and loving playing for the club.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
When he can contribute for 90% of a season then come back to me. Injury prone aswell.

Quoted from Chailey Gem,

In the last 12 matches before he was injured against Fulham. He started in 9 of them and was sub (and came on) for two. Hyypia's few successes was getting the best out of KLL and he's been relatively injury free for a while now. In fact he gets quite irked if you call him a "super sub" or "injury prone". And this season he'd be right.

Like I said, name me another player in our current squad who can play like Kaz. Scored some great goals for the club and slot more worthy of a new deal than some.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fantastic news. Well done to the club, and looking forward to seeing Kaz back playing soon.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hurrah!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Great news and I don't give a damn who thinks otherwise. A big well done to the club.

theboybilly

My favourite player.

The only squad member who has the skill to change a game on his own.

He'll never change a game when he starts but may just succeed in doing so against inferior, tiring opposition in a 20-minute cameo. Otherwise it's a case of tiresome looking for fouls and (mostly) wayward shooting. There are far better players out there.
To suggest that he has been anywhere near our best player this season when you only have to look at Dunk or Stockdale is just daft.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He'll never change a game when he starts but may just succeed in doing so against inferior, tiring opposition in a 20-minute cameo. Otherwise it's a case of tiresome looking for fouls and (mostly) wayward shooting. There are far better players out there.
To suggest that he has been anywhere near our best player this season when you only have to look at Dunk or Stockdale is just daft.

This argument could of held firm in the past but not now , you only have to see what we lack since he's been injured ( last 2 games excluded )to disprove your theory .

Genuine game changer if starting or off the bench . Not sure why knocking when we have so few

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I never said he was our best player this season.

Were you at the Leicester game a couple of years ago, when he got that crucial equaliser with 5 mins to go? Not sure they were inferior.....

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
People like to criticise his crossing but forget that most of the time he's crossing with his weaker foot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
People like to criticise his crossing but forget that most of the time he's crossing with his weaker foot.

And there's nobody in the box to meet the cross most of the time anyway :wink:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Excellent news. Love watching him when he's having one of his good games.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
And there's nobody in the box to meet the cross :wink:

We are Brighton. We play our way.

And we don't DO players in the box.

Seriously. Could not be more delighted with this news. It had been quiet on the contract front for so long I was certain Kaz was holding out "a la Barnes" and would be gone by the end of the month. I know there were clubs interested in him.
Quality player with the ability to excite and to change games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here