Loyalty....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
So 70 out of 16,000 Cardiff fans have asked for a refund on their season ticket after the club has 'rebranded' and amended their shirt colour to red.

If the albion were to 'rebrand' and swap the blue and white stripes for red and white...would you still support the club you love or boycott?

Surely they are still your club, your home town team you have always supported and loved but just in a different strip?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Continued support of course. Find the Cardiff one rather odd Red Shirts in a blue seated stadium.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Still support the team, keep my old shirts

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Still support the team, but would consider giving up ST. I wouldn't want to help line the pockets of the people who think it's a good idea to change colours just like that. Definitely wouldn't buy any merchandise. I realise if lots of people did this it would hurt the club itself, but I would be deseperate to get rid of any owners who did this so would think of it as a lesser evil.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Football strips change in design so often, I'm not sure I'm overly attached to any of them. We've had kits in the past that were almost solidly blue, now we have such a split. Our away kit changes colour ever so often, it's been red and white, red and black, yellow, green and black, black and blue. Didn't we used to play in a different colour originally?

It's the team, and the club I support, not the colour scheme.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
think your always going to get a few that dont support the club and move on but like to think the majority would stick with it. I guess on the other hand you have FC United of Manchester (or whatever they are called) which shows a protest can actually gain ground and move into a new club?

MK Dons another example? Didnt the fans make another Wimbledon?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
You'd have to take a considered view, because it's not just the shirts changing colour, is it? They've changed the badge, they're changing the nickname. They're trying to change the club into something it's not, to present a 'product' that's more marketable in another culture.

So just changing the colour of the shirt? No, that wouldn't drive me away - I can still wear my Peter Ward style retro shirt no matter what the team's playing in. But selling the soul of the club to satisfy the exigencies of Mammon? You'd have to consider whether you'd still be supporting the same club anyway if you didn't pack it in.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Football strips change in design so often, I'm not sure I'm overly attached to any of them. We've had kits in the past that were almost solidly blue, now we have such a split. Our away kit changes colour ever so often, it's been red and white, red and black, yellow, green and black, black and blue. Didn't we used to play in a different colour originally?

It's the team, and the club I support, not the colour scheme.

Yep, 100% agree with you buddy

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
You'd have to take a considered view, because it's not just the shirts changing colour, is it? They've changed the badge, they're changing the nickname. They're trying to change the club into something it's not, to present a 'product' that's more marketable in another culture.

So just changing the colour of the shirt? No, that wouldn't drive me away - I can still wear my Peter Ward style retro shirt no matter what the team's playing in. But selling the soul of the club to satisfy the exigencies of Mammon? You'd have to consider whether you'd still be supporting the same club anyway if you didn't pack it in.

Exactly - it's changing the whole idenity of the club in exchange for money i.e. they're being black mailed. It's the principle that I would object to most. The club have changed stripes, colours and badge before, but all for the right reasons. Not because they're being blackmailed by some foreign consortium

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Exactly - it's changing the whole idenity of the club in exchange for money i.e. they're being black mailed. It's the principle that I would object to most. The club have changed stripes, colours and badge before, but all for the right reasons. Not because they're being blackmailed by some foreign consortium

They're not being backmailed. No one who gives you money is blackmailing you. Blackmail involves taking money through threat or intimidation.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
They're not being backmailed. No one who gives you money is blackmailing you. Blackmail involves taking money through threat or intimidation.

But were the investors only keen if they were able to amend the club? So maybe it was holding them to ransom rather then blackmailing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it's the humiliation of a bunch of foreign outsiders alien to the culture of the game that must irk most Cardiff fans more than anything else. A colour change alone wouldn't give me the impression that I was being robbed of my club. But it's a start and a warning that it might, and it's not as if this bunch of twats are delivering. To be clear about this - 4 years ago they walked in and promised to wipe out their debt of several million within 5 years, yet with one year left the debt has trebled to £71m or something. This is the worry.

These Malaysian muppets will be long gone in a few years and the club will then be able to do what it likes, and hope for their fan's sakes that they haven't completely f***ed it up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
really only 70? sort of suggests the fans arent all together too botherd.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Don't care about the colours, be a bit of a shame and aa disappointing break from tradition, but I would still support the club. If people get irate about their team's colours, why not also get pissed off and leave every time a player quits or manager resigns?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I would imagine that the Bluebirds first home game this season will be a sea of Blue in the stands and the only red kits on display will be those worn by the players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports