Lower league Pompey

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Global

Feb 1, 2012
Of course Pompey fans have been on to the FA and FLs case about the obvious flaws in their fit and proper test!! There have been protests and we have been approaching politicians in the area who are actively trying to seek a resolution to this situation. We are trying to get a consortium of business people to get together in order to start 'Plan B' if required. I would love to have got rid of the high earners in our team but do you think I as a fan had a say in that? Believe me I and all my friends are not living in denial...we are totally aware of what awaits us...

PUP

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
You say you are doing your best as true fans, but when we were doing our protests marches etc, everyone knew and heard about it it was all over the news even (Meridian) and they don't like us!!!

I am sure I am not the only one who has seen NO PROTESTS, NO NOISE, NO PITCH INVASIONS (WRONG I KNOW) (BUT IT GETS YOU NOTICED).... Do something now before its too late.

Get out there get noticed make a f***ing noise get people to listen to the fans, we did it was hard work but together you can make a difference.

Global

Feb 1, 2012
On a different note. Loving the look of the Amex stadium. You deserve it and it looks far better than the soulless bowl Scum play at. Hopefully I will be able to pay a visit there on 10/03/12.

PUP

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why are the likes of Lawrence and Kitson still on the wage bill when you clearly cannot afford to pay them..

Not to mention the triumphant parading of Benjani in front of the Fratton crowd just before kickoff before the game against us last August. Pompey certainly wouldn't be paying the likes of him in peanuts, thats for sure.

Its just another example of Pompeys belligerent lack of acceptance of the situation they are in. How can they POSSIBLY have aspirations of signing and keeping hold of players of Championship quality, when they are to all intents and purposes bankrupt ?

Following a complete January firesale, it SHOULD now be a team of 4th division cloggers, old crocks, freebies, children, has-beens and never-will-be's, fit only for life in the lower leagues. Instead they're still a mid-table Championship club (and this makes Pompey fans "hard done by" apparently). Plymouth fans would sell their collective grannies to have been and remain where Pompey are in the League.

Global

Feb 1, 2012
Not to mention the triumphant parading of Benjani in front of the Fratton crowd just before kickoff before the game against us last August. Pompey certainly wouldn't be paying the likes of him in peanuts, thats for sure.

Its just another example of Pompeys belligerent lack of acceptance of the situation they are in. How can they POSSIBLY have aspirations of signing and keeping hold of players of Championship quality, when they are to all intents and purposes bankrupt ?

Following a complete January firesale, it SHOULD now be a team of 4th division cloggers, old crocks, freebies, children, has-beens and never-will-be's, fit only for life in the lower leagues. Instead they're still a mid-table Championship club (and this makes Pompey fans "hard done by" apparently). Plymouth fans would sell their collective grannies to have been and remain where Pompey are in the League.

Would have been happy to get them all off our wage bill. Totally agree. Must say that Benjani was bought in when we had new owners and not when we were in admin. Still overpaid I am sure and just one of the many players we could do without. Yeah sell them all fine by me.

Of course Pompey fans have been on to the FA and FLs case about the obvious flaws in their fit and proper test!! There have been protests and we have been approaching politicians in the area who are actively trying to seek a resolution to this situation. We are trying to get a consortium of business people to get together in order to start 'Plan B' if required. I would love to have got rid of the high earners in our team but do you think I as a fan had a say in that? Believe me I and all my friends are not living in denial...we are totally aware of what awaits us...

PUP

Its a bit late to start looking for support from the 'lower league' teams...

I didn't see protest after protest as your club, amongst many others in the footballing elite, began to strip apart football so that only the super rich can compete.

But now that its happening to you, its really unfair...

Perhaps you can campaign for all that Sky money to be paid back...

This is the world you created (or at least were accomplice too)... and now the only thing that matters in football is the sponsors not the fans...

Its painful when it bites you on the arse isn't it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Willingly ? Not so sure about that Edna. They might be naive down in Pompey but I still maintain that there was feck all that the fans could do about any of the goings on down there. They could question the expenditure as much as they wanted...... cant see what difference that would have made.
Agreed.
But they didn't question it and they are still not questioning it
That's nonsense. Most pompey fans know their club was going through money at a ridiculous rate and many assumed it would end it tears, but there's little most fans can do about it. To suggest they didn't question it is ridiculous.
simply repeating the same lame old mantra that it is someone else's fault; a conspiracy; and they are too important to not be rescued by the council/the government/the FA/the FL* (*delete to suit) - in fact anyone who can take responsibility except for themselves
That's like Palace fans saying it's our fault we lost our ground, and that we whined that are club was too important to be allowed to die.

Global

Feb 1, 2012
Its a bit late to start looking for support from the 'lower league' teams...

I didn't see protest after protest as your club, amongst many others in the footballing elite, began to strip apart football so that only the super rich can compete.

But now that its happening to you, its really unfair...

Perhaps you can campaign for all that Sky money to be paid back...

This is the world you created (or at least were accomplice too)... and now the only thing that matters in football is the sponsors not the fans...

Its painful when it bites you on the arse isn't it?

It is shit no matter what club it happens to be, darlington, Plymouth, Pompey whoever.

It is shit no matter what club it happens to be, darlington, Plymouth, Pompey whoever.

You miss my point, you played Premier League Monolopy, won an FA Cup all the while spending more money than you had, even when it became obvious you kept hold of your highest paid players.

You made your bed, now lie in it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
More nonsense. You're suggesting that Pompey fans could have stopped the premiership developing as it has. That's like suggesting any newspaper reader is responsible for the media.
You say you are doing your best as true fans, but when we were doing our protests marches etc, everyone knew and heard about it it was all over the news even (Meridian) and they don't like us!!!

I am sure I am not the only one who has seen NO PROTESTS, NO NOISE, NO PITCH INVASIONS (WRONG I KNOW) (BUT IT GETS YOU NOTICED).... Do something now before its too late.

Get out there get noticed make a f***ing noise get people to listen to the fans, we did it was hard work but together you can make a difference.
That might be fair comment. Have Pompey really never protested against the people that have been ruining their club?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
You miss my point, you played Premier League Monolopy, won an FA Cup all the while spending more money than you had, even when it became obvious you kept hold of your highest paid players.

The fans didn't did they the f***ing idiotic owners they got in did, and the FA for there joke of a test. Feel for the fans really do.

Global

Feb 1, 2012

We are lying in it believe me.... Many clubs are still spending beyond their means.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Oh and we haven't spent any money since AA has become the administrator for CSI.

What do you mean "you haven't spent any money" YOU HAVEN'T GOT ANY TO SPEND !!
You should be paying your bills , not spending money you haven't got.
Why aren't Pompey getting the wage bill down by releasing Kitson, Benjani etc

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Agreed.
That's nonsense. Most pompey fans know their club was going through money at a ridiculous rate and many assumed it would end it tears, but there's little most fans can do about it. To suggest they didn't question it is ridiculous.
That's like Palace fans saying it's our fault we lost our ground, and that we whined that are club was too important to be allowed to die.

Sorry but I still don't buy that. Pompey supporters could have (and still can!) galvanised support amongst their fanbase and football in general with the goal of having a Wrexham style supporter own club. Even if they failed they would have generated much more sympathy within football and possibly flushed out a potential genuine owner.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would have been happy to get them all off our wage bill. Totally agree. Must say that Benjani was bought in when we had new owners and not when we were in admin. Still overpaid I am sure and just one of the many players we could do without. Yeah sell them all fine by me.

The problem seems to be that in the endless pursuit of new owners and investment, Pompey have been doing all they can NOT to drop into the lower leagues as this would damage the value of the club - something Chanrai is clearly not willing to accept.

At some point though (a point which should have been reached long, long ago) PFC should have begun cutting their cloth according to their means. Accept the fact that PFC is simply not financially equipped to compete in the top two leagues any more, DRASTICALLY downgrade the squad, take the hit of the inevitable relegations that would follow, and begin rebuilding from the arse-end of the League. Instead, PFC have continued to "chase the dragon" in the hope of maintaining this falsely high position in the League and attracting a buyer who will keep them there. Turning down bids for players, talking about making more loan signings, FFS, I've seen SOME fans posting about making an all-out assault on the Playoffs this season and getting back into the Premier League, to solve all these problems at a stroke ! Its madness.

I don't wish Pompey to cease to exist, but the time has come to start again outside of the Football League in some other guise a-la Aldershot / Accrington, and begin working your way back in an honest manner. The club cannot continue lurching around in its present form, its become a sick joke now.

Global

Feb 1, 2012
What do you mean "you haven't spent any money" YOU HAVEN'T GOT ANY TO SPEND !!
You should be paying your bills , not spending money you haven't got.

Exactly...haven't been spending any money because we don't have any! of course paying our bills should be priority if we had the money to pay them. I was just replying to a post that stated we were still spending money which of course we are not.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Made me laugh when Albion wanted to get Kitson on loan but he refused because we couldnt offer him the wages he gets at Pompey, or what he used to get when Pompey did pay wages lol

Global

Feb 1, 2012
The problem seems to be that in the endless pursuit of new owners and investment, Pompey have been doing all they can NOT to drop into the lower leagues as this would damage the value of the club - something Chanrai is clearly not willing to accept.

At some point though (a point which should have been reached long, long ago) PFC should have begun cutting their cloth according to their means. Accept the fact that PFC is simply not financially equipped to compete in the top two leagues any more, DRASTICALLY downgrade the squad, take the hit of the inevitable relegations that would follow, and begin rebuilding from the arse-end of the League. Instead, PFC have continued to "chase the dragon" in the hope of maintaining this falsely high position in the League and attracting a buyer who will keep them there. Turning down bids for players, talking about making more loan signings, FFS, I've seen SOME fans posting about making an all-out assault on the Playoffs this season and getting back into the Premier League, to solve all these problems at a stroke ! Its madness.

I don't wish Pompey to cease to exist, but the time has come to start again outside of the Football League in some other guise a-la Aldershot / Accrington, and begin working your way back in an honest manner. The club cannot continue lurching around in its present form, its become a sick joke now.

And at some point we had new owners that came in that turned out be another bunch of crooks. Yes we will probably have to start again. Just because you read that some fans are saying all this doesn't mean the majority believe it. Shoulld have sold most of our players in Jan.. I totally agree.

More nonsense. You're suggesting that Pompey fans could have stopped the premiership developing as it has. That's like suggesting any newspaper reader is responsible for the media.

I was using a collective "you" for the club as a whole. It's been obvious for years that Football Clubs in the Elite simply could not sustain themselves, especially the less fashionable teams such as Pompey.

It makes me happy that we are where we are and never got to the "promised land", because god knows this would be us now.

Global

Feb 1, 2012
Sorry but I still don't buy that. Pompey supporters could have (and still can!) galvanised support amongst their fanbase and football in general with the goal of having a Wrexham style supporter own club. Even if they failed they would have generated much more sympathy within football and possibly flushed out a potential genuine owner.

Errr...that is what the trust is trying to do..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports