Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
They certainly deserve some sort of punishment. After all, they're last deduction wasn't even a punishment as they would have gone down anyway.
Can't believe they have got away with it for so long when other teams (that haven't done half the shady stuff that Pompey have done) are always relegated as a punishment for their predicament.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I din't think they can deducted points if it's the parent club that goes into administration, I think the actual club have to go down that route to lose points.

I can sort of sympathise with the fans re the potential fans united. After all they don't pick the procession of dodgy owners that have walked through the main gate, trouser all the money and walk out again.

If a group of fans or a rich genuine fan wanted to take over the club, then I would support a fans united campaign. There but for the grace of god and all that...

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
They are applying for a validation order to get their account unfrozen which is something they should have done the day that HMRC issued a winding-up petition - the administrator really is a pillock if he didn't realise or, more likely, he deliberately delayed applying for a validation order so that he could delay paying wages. Without functioning accounts they are sunk as a club/business.

Grounds for being awarded a validation order are if the company left it too late and the proceedings have already been advertised, then the company can apply for a Validation Order to unfreeze its accounts if the debt is paid or if there is a genuine dispute.
I'm not sure if consistent and repeated wilful failure or inability to pay taxes qualifies as a genuine dispute. The court may look kindly on them (and probably will) or could bring forward the hearing date for the winding up petition from 20th February.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Their fans giving it large tonight about how happy they are because 2 players refused a transfer - income that would have allowed the club to pay their tax bill and have a better chance of living to fight another day. Clearly they don't think living wihin their means matters even now. They so deserve all that is bad that is about to happen to them

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
so why are Pompey different to Doncaster, Plymouth, wrexham and darlington - why no big fan wank party for pompey. I am shocked that albion fans are not feeling the love for other supporters when a club is f***ed over by corrupt owners - shame on you.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Think I saw on the Wrexham board that they are planning or seeking support for a fans' united day.

No f***ing way , i have to pay tax Pompey should pay theres they are taking the piss now ,it`s barely 2 years since the tax man let them off , they think they will get away with it again.I hope they go bust.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
shame on you

Why do the small clubs go under but scum like pompey get let off, take the piss and want to be let off again.There is only one way that shit club will learn and that is the hard way.The tax man is not letting local biulders work tax free because times are hard, why should a football club be any different.

Oct 25, 2003
so why are Pompey different to Doncaster, Plymouth, wrexham and darlington - why no big fan wank party for pompey. I am shocked that albion fans are not feeling the love for other supporters when a club is f***ed over by corrupt owners - shame on you.

that club has had chance after chance after chance after chance, and yet don't seem to really care, or have any intention of sorting themselves out, and all the time they do that they're screwing over countless creditors....they could've had a fire sale this transfer window to try and clear their debts...but they didn't....they continue to have players on their books that a club in their situation simply can't afford, yet they just carry on doing it, whilst seemingly acting in a completely blasé manner to the fact that they've gambled away all their money for a FA cup win and a top half premier league finish (both of which were with squads they couldn't afford).....

that's why people have little sympathy for the club....i do have sympathy for the fans but at the end of the day they'll still have a club to support, it'll just have to start again at a lower level (as aldershot, halifax, chester, afc wimbledon have all had to do)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
that club has had chance after chance after chance after chance, and yet don't seem to really care, or have any intention of sorting themselves out, and all the time they do that they're screwing over countless creditors....they could've had a fire sale this transfer window to try and clear their debts...but they didn't....they continue to have players on their books that a club in their situation simply can't afford, yet they just carry on doing it, whilst seemingly acting in a completely blasé manner to the fact that they've gambled away all their money for a FA cup win and a top half premier league finish (both of which were with squads they couldn't afford).....

that's why people have little sympathy for the club....i do have sympathy for the fans but at the end of the day they'll still have a club to support, it'll just have to start again at a lower level (as aldershot, halifax, chester, afc wimbledon have all had to do)

This , f*** em

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Why do the small clubs go under but scum like pompey get let off, take the piss and want to be let off again.There is only one way that shit club will learn and that is the hard way.The tax man is not letting local biulders work tax free because times are hard, why should a football club be any different.

if its a club you like, you lot are the first to arrange a quick charity club wank as its portsmouth you are all ready to throw them to the dogs let the fucker learn blah blah blah. Is it really the loyal pompey fan's fault that the club has been owned by C**ts who havent payed their taxes? Are you responsible for making sure TB pays Albion taxes? I would have thought you would go by the saying of there but the grace of god go i? No not for pompey hypocrital bollox as usual.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Good points Marshy. Fans don't choose the owners, or have any say whatsoever in how those owners run their clubs. Newcastle fans wanted Ashley out, but he's still there lording it and doing exactly as he likes. And we couldn't stop Archer selling the Goldstone.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No, Pompey need a massive kick-up the ar$e... I was at the Pompey away game earlier in the season, and I (like many other Albion fans there) couldn't believe they wheeled-out their new signing Benjani at that game: their fans cheered! BUt could they afford him? No... they just keep spending...think it is OK to NOT live within their means... sucked-in the glory of an FA Cup win that they bought but couldn't afford, have screwed-over numerous creditors... it is time for them to pay their debts... fcuk 'em...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
No, Pompey need a massive kick-up the ar$e... I was at the Pompey away game earlier in the season, and I (like many other Albion fans there) couldn't believe they wheeled-out their new signing Benjani at that game: their fans cheered! BUt could they afford him? No... they just keep spending...think it is OK to NOT live within their means... sucked-in the glory of an FA Cup win that they bought but couldn't afford, have screwed-over numerous creditors... it is time for them to pay their debts... fcuk 'em...

I'm with you on this.
They could have just gotten a couple of big earners off the wage bill at least ie Ben-Haim, Lawrence, Kitson, Mokoena, Rocha etc, or made a bit of money back on Huseklepp, their TWO MILLION pound signing in the summer, but no, they have to continue to overspend until they inevitably get taken over by another fraudster.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I find it hard to sympathise with Pompey too, primarily cos I hate the twunts.

However, the real problem lies with the FA not doing enough to ensure club owners are committed to the state of the league. Football hasn't paid it's way for decades.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
if its a club you like, you lot are the first to arrange a quick charity club wank as its portsmouth you are all ready to throw them to the dogs let the fucker learn blah blah blah. Is it really the loyal pompey fan's fault that the club has been owned by C**ts who havent payed their taxes? Are you responsible for making sure TB pays Albion taxes? I would have thought you would go by the saying of there but the grace of god go i? No not for pompey hypocrital bollox as usual.

Pompey could do a lot more to help themselves.They have a whole host of players on ridiculous wages which they could get rid of and then get more affordable replacements, yet they refuse to do so.

As to our response to their plight, if their fans showed the SLIGHTEST interest in saving their club and doing something about their owners then maybe there would be something to support, but they don't. They are still arrogant pumped up little sh*ts who are living off their ill-gotten past glories.

As for the arguments that fans can't help who owns their club, tell that to Bill Archer. I think he found out how much influence fans can have on club ownership. Pompey are nothing but robbing scumbags who are now stealing MY money as a hardworking taxpayer, so they can DO ONE as far as I'm concerned.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They should be deducted the points for sure, they have already got away with this situation before leaving plenty of small business out of pocket whilst screwing them over, the FA should grow some balls

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The reason that people have no sympathy for Portsmouth is that like Palace but unlike the other sides mentioned both have got into this mess twice. Portsmouth have been in a mess for a long time but rather than take the Albion route (cut your costs and your quality) they have continued to spend money they didn't have.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I can't believe some of the comments on this thread. The club is about the fans, not the string of b@@tard owners (and their dodgy deals). We should absolutely back any Pompey Fans United calls; it's a proper, old fc despite being a rival (even though we might get a handful of fans from the wild west of Sx) :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here