Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Low ticket sales for Burnley game?

Feb 14, 2010
Brighton and Palace used to get 25000 - 30000 in the 70's. Brighton have had a nightmare 25 years and get 26000 plus for Burnley in the second tier. Palace struggle to get 23000 for Spurs at home with at least 4000 spurs in the ground plus neutrals. Its great to support a proper club. What a moan to have, only 26000 / 27000 for Burnley in the second division, love it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So irrespective as to what the attendance is, you will arbitrary say the attendance is 20,000, because you know best.

as much as this is a stupid argument, you know the official attendance is not the same as the actual attendance and there will be occasions with very large differences between the two. On one level I think its a shame that we'll never know the 'true' attendance at the Amex

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Brighton and Palace used to get 25000 - 30000 in the 70's. Brighton have had a nightmare 25 years and get 26000 plus for Burnley in the second tier. Palace struggle to get 23000 for Spurs at home with at least 4000 spurs in the ground plus neutrals. Its great to support a proper club. What a moan to have, only 26000 / 27000 for Burnley in the second division, love it.

Genuinely, what do Palace´s attendances have to do with yours? It's a shame your proper club didn't make it to The Prem at our expense, isn't it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
as much as this is a stupid argument, you know the official attendance is not the same as the actual attendance and there will be occasions with very large differences between the two. On one level I think its a shame that we'll never know the 'true' attendance at the Amex
My annoyance with the original point I was contesting is at no point will the Amex be only 2/3rds full on Saturday.
A third of seats will not be empty.

But that still doesn't stop people spouting a whole load of garbage doing down and belittling their club.

What actually has to happen for some to say:-
'you know what I love the Albion, it's better than it's ever been, and im really proud to support the team along with tens of thousands of other people'.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A poor opposition , a disappointing start and a very wet day. 25000 announced but around 21000 actually there.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have 2 tickets which I literally cannot give away. This is the same situation I had at Withdean. Offered them at £ 20 each, no interest. It is not just the ticket price it is the fact the Amex is an arse to get to and back and on a wet Saturday against Burnley with us in the bottom half of the table this was always going to be a a hard sell.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have 2 tickets which I literally cannot give away. This is the same situation I had at Withdean. Offered them at £ 20 each, no interest. It is not just the ticket price it is the fact the Amex is an arse to get to and back and on a wet Saturday against Burnley with us in the bottom half of the table this was always going to be a a hard sell.

Odd. I had two tickets (my adult 1, and my daughter's under 10 season) available for Saturday and v through a friend I've managed to shift them in about 20 minutes. I guess it depends how you've 'marketed' your tickets.

There's still loads of demand in Brighton for tickets, at a reasonable price.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Odd. I had two tickets (my adult 1, and my daughter's under 10 season) available for Saturday and v through a friend I've managed to shift them in about 20 minutes. I guess it depends how you've 'marketed' your tickets.

There's still loads of demand in Brighton for tickets, at a reasonable price.
It all depends on which agenda you peddle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I keep mine hidden
I'd like to be the same, but I can't just let bs slide by.

I bet it won't even rain tomorrow, and I've seen the weather forecast :lol:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for the snidey comments. Expect nothing less. Did a thread on here actually. You don't even have to sit next to me as I will sell both tickets.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Genuinely, what do Palace´s attendances have to do with yours? It's a shame your proper club didn't make it to The Prem at our expense, isn't it?

Genuinely, if you don't understand that the poster has used another club with comparable attendances in the past to illustrate how well we are doing now then your are even more thick than the team that you support would suggest.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

never ever have a problem getting to the amex,thats the truth,get a train from lancing ,then home again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here