Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Low ticket sales for Burnley game?

I can't see the attendance figure being reported for less than 26,000, despite there being scores of empty seats, as the club base the attendance on tickets sold not bums on seats.

As 24,000 +/- season tickets have been sold, it's a fair assumption that another 2,000 tickets will have have been sold on a match by match basis.

Also, August is traditionally a poor month for attendances - with people on holiday, doing summery things etc. I reckon matches in September and October will give a truer reflection on crowd figures - on the basis that the Albion are playing well of course!

Official attendance on Saturday vs Burnley will be just below 27k , which is another excellent effort. If people buy ST's and don't go - what can you do? Matchday tickets are as cheap as chips. :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Naturally we are at some point going to see a dip in audiences at the Amex at some point, our historic average crowds point to the fact that the current audiences are unsustainable at this level and to be honest whatever the audience is tomorrow I am amazed it is still that high. If we were to still be in this division 3/4 years down the line I expect averages would be around the mid/high teens (in thousands).

Anything the club can do to advertise is good news, so long as the cost of advertising is relatively cheap.

Audience?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Don't get me wrong, I'm not doom-mongering. And on paper this should be one of the lowest attendance games anyway, for all the reasons already given. Peak holiday season, unattractive opposition, low away turnout etc.

I just feel more aware of the club wanting to push tickets for it more than I've felt before.

Have they ever sent the email telling us we can buy as many tickets as we like before?

Anyway, I'll be there in my usual seat and am looking forward to it. I just wonder how many others will be

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
I suspect this may be a ramping up of really trying to sell as many tickets as possible - we only had a coupe of games last season (when the end of the building works were being done) that the stadium felt truly 'full'. I find the inability (or slightly trickier now) way of enabling others to go when I can't go a shame - I recongonise and appreciate why I can't, but I'd much rather people were able to take advantage of my ST priced tickets for the one game a season (Burnley this year) I can't go to as well as the games my boys can't make on week nights. There will be seven empty seats in WSU from our 12 on Saturday as a result...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's our third season at the Amex. We will get full houses for the big games and if we are challenging for promotion But anyone who has supported the club for more than a few years, knows that eventually crowds will level themselves out to around the 20,000 mark for a mid table side against a run of the mill side. If we win Saturday, then beat Millwall (which will be another average turn out), then hold our own against Reading and Qpr, the next Home game will be back up around the 27,500 mark.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Audience?

au·di·ence
/ˈôdēəns/
Noun
The assembled spectators or listeners at a public event, such as a play, movie, concert, football match etc.
The people who watch or listen to a television or radio program.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's our third season at the Amex. We will get full houses for the big games and if we are challenging for promotion But anyone who has supported the club for more than a few years, knows that eventually crowds will level themselves out to around the 20,000 mark for a mid table side against a run of the mill side. If we win Saturday, then beat Millwall (which will be another average turn out), then hold our own against Reading and Qpr, the next Home game will be back up around the 27,500 mark.
Horse plops.
Millwall will be at that mark anyway by virtue of 2k travelling support.

27k will be about our support, assuming we are top 10ish for the season.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I am missing this game because my friend* (who is also a season ticket holder) has decided to have his wedding on Saturday. I'm invited for the whole day yet the people that sit near him, who he sees more often, are only going to the evening reception. :rant:

*idiot.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Horse plops.
Millwall will be at that mark anyway by virtue of 2k travelling support.

27k will be about our support, assuming we are top 10ish for the season.

lol, we didn't even get that for the first home league game of the season and that including all the st holders who were on holiday or didn't show up for whatever reason. You got more chance of getting a **** off the Queen than having 27,000 for Millwall,,,nearer 20,000, or at least that's how many people will be inside the ground, even if that's not what the attendance says.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
lol, we didn't even get that for the first home league game of the season and that including all the st holders who were on holiday or didn't show up for whatever reason. You got more chance of getting a **** off the Queen than having 27,000 for Millwall,,,nearer 20,000, or at least that's how many people will be inside the ground, even if that's not what the attendance says.

Millwall are bringing 2000, so for a 20K actual crowd you're saying that 6000 STHs aren't going to turn up for a Saturday afternoon KO?

theboybilly

I thought it strange that the Leeds v Sheff Wed attendance was so markedly lower than Leeds v Albion (it was a local derby after all) despite the early kick off and TV coverage.
On Saturday I think there'll be a decent enough crowd, I don't see Burnley as unattractive opposition. I'm looking forward to it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well we'll know in 9 days time.

So you get all attendance figure below 23.5k, and I'll take above 23.5k.

I'll tell you what, I'll give you the attendance below 25k and I'll take above.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Category C game yet still £35 + booking fee for a ticket in the East Stand. It's too expensive I think. You can buy tickets for £25 in the North/South but I know a lot of people don't like the behind-the-goal view.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Category C game yet still £35 + booking fee for a ticket in the East Stand. It's too expensive I think. You can buy tickets for £25 in the North/South but I know a lot of people don't like the behind-the-goal view.

Funny that you have to pay more for a better view isn't it; it's almost like there'd be more demand for these seats.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funny that you have to pay more for a better view isn't it; it's almost like there'd be more demand for these seats.
Are we speaking a different language to everybody else?

Everything written in defense the ticketing system, makes prefect sense, but then boom up pops another idiotic comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here