Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lovely message from a dad to his gay son

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
how do yuou know your son is gay when he's 6.....:cool:
Our family has suspected my nephew is gay since he was 5. He's camp, effeminate, and loves wearing princess dresses etc. It's going to come as quite a shock he's straight.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting. I had a chat with a gay friend many years ago and, whilst I cannot recall the exact details, the gist is that he said he know at a very young age he was "different."

I'm not sure you need to feel ashamed by the way; it sounds like overall you have been a totally supportive parent.

Thanks for that. But the "ashamed" was purely personal. i was surprised how her telling me made me feel strange, even if momentarily, because I thought I was totally without prejudice on such matters. I think it is to a certain extent a generational thing. I have an uncle who has just turned 80 who is totally supportive but, when we have discussed it, finds it quite difficult - but knows he shouldn't.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thanks for that. But the "ashamed" was purely personal. i was surprised how her telling me made me feel strange, even if momentarily, because I thought I was totally without prejudice on such matters. I think it is to a certain extent a generational thing. I have an uncle who has just turned 80 who is totally supportive but, when we have discussed it, finds it quite difficult - but knows he shouldn't.

I don't think you should be too hard on yourself, the feeling strange can be attributed to a few things. Such as the fact that you are less likely to have grand children, the fact that this confirmation is going to make your daughters life harder or that ou were probably at the top of the list of a lot of difficult conversations where she had to tell people who are not as accepting as you.

You should be proud of your support for her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here