Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Losing Macalister & Caicedo

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Exactly.

Chelsea wanting Caicedo is the best option for me, but I start from a position of believing he will depart this summer regardless. So, with that in mind, being sought after by a club who have a player we want can only help us get that player.
Yep, I’m the same. I have no doubt Caicedo will be gone this summer and if it helps us get Colwill then fantastic.

Plus, I don’t really care what club he goes to as long as we get the right deal so if it’s that disgusting, soulless pit of pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth then so be it.

I just don’t want our Alexis going there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Also depends on what Colwill wants surely?
I guess so, but I'd been told some weeks back that Colwill would like to stay and I think our offer confirms that - I don't think we'd be pursuing a player if we didn't believe he'd want to come.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Exactly.

Chelsea wanting Caicedo is the best option for me, but I start from a position of believing he will depart this summer regardless. So, with that in mind, being sought after by a club who have a player we want can only help us get that player.
Agree with you. However much I hope that he stays, realistically I know he probably won’t and more importantly I think that RDZ is resigned to him leaving. If he’s going then better that it can be done early in the window.
It could give us leverage with the Colwill situation although it may only be a loan deal.
What we do know is that Chelsea are happy to pay up when they want someone.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I guess so, but I'd been told some weeks back that Colwill would like to stay and I think our offer confirms that - I don't think we'd be pursuing a player if we didn't believe he'd want to come.
Everything he has said has suggested he's keen to stay, and his general behaviour. That's why this feels so tactical, getting in there early with a bid. Saying 'we want him, he wants to come'. Given we know he was originally part of the Cucu deal, the club have put the ball firmly in Chelsea's court. You can have Moises, but we are having Levi. If not Moises stays or goes somewhere else.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Chelsea seem to have pulled out of their interest in Manuel Ugarte. Unfortunately I think this may mean that Moises becomes a greater priority for them.
Chelsea have the money to progress the deal but the question mark would be whether they are what Moises wants.

Naylor Says Nothing agreed.

Talk at the moment seems to be that Chelsea are in for Moises, and will offer some swapsies as part of the deal, but not Colwill.

Re Naylor's tweet - doesn't really say much. Talks may be well advanced and on the brink of agreement and he'd still be factually accurate.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Talk at the moment seems to be that Chelsea are in for Moises, and will offer some swapsies as part of the deal, but not Colwill.

Re Naylor's tweet - doesn't really say much. Talks may be well advanced and on the brink of agreement and he'd still be factually accurate.
It’s done us no favours that Chelsea pulled out of the Ugarte deal

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
From what I've read into it
Alli Mac, here's a crap load of money from Liverpool, who are in the same european comp but have a history and a realistic chance of winning something compared to where you are now.
And Moises, here's a crap load of money from chelsea, who will make you tread water for a year, but have a realistic chance of winning something soon....oh, and arsenal will give you a substantial amount of money and get you playing CL football.
Both are set for life, so thank you for your time here, best of luck with your futures

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Rumours of Mac Allister replacements are plentiful but the mill isn't generating much in the way of filler for a Caicedo-shaped hole.

Can we take heart from that or is just that rumourmongers see Mac Allister leaving as a sure thing? Or perhaps just that viable Moisés replacements are thin on the ground.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Rumours of Mac Allister replacements are plentiful but the mill isn't generating much in the way of filler for a Caicedo-shaped hole.

Can we take heart from that or is just that rumourmongers see Mac Allister leaving as a sure thing? Or perhaps just that viable Moisés replacements are thin on the ground.
Interesting isn't it..not sure we actually do need a direct Mac replacement but we will definitely need a bit more bite in CM if Moises goes. Wouldn't be surprised if we have someone that none of us have heard of lined up. A purely data driven gem from a new market.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We don’t need a direct replacement for Mac when he plays in behind/alongside the striker as we just spent a club record fee on that, plus have Enciso, Lallana (when fit) and Sarmiento already. Plus Moder used to like the role.

We might need someone to play alongside Caicedo in Mac’s deeper role though ahead of Gross, Gilmour, Ayari, Moder, and other options. Not to mention our new Syrian/German International plus possibly Milner when not in the side as an inverted full back. We seem fairly stacked even if both leave!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We don’t need a direct replacement for Mac when he plays in behind/alongside the striker as we just spent a club record fee on that, plus have Enciso, Lallana (when fit) and Sarmiento already. Plus Moder used to like the role.

We might need someone to play alongside Caicedo in Mac’s deeper role though ahead of Gross, Gilmour, Ayari, Moder, and other options. Not to mention our new Syrian/German International plus possibly Milner when not in the side as an inverted full back. We seem fairly stacked even if both leave!

I agree we looking good if Mac leaves. We'd need to work some magic if Moises goes though.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're linked with Haidara again.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Naylor Says Nothing agreed.

Odd as it seems a deal will be completed this week.

The fee does seem a tad low though.

Liverpool have been in contact with Brighton regarding the signing of Alexis Mac Allister, who has a release clause of between £45-55m in his contract.
Alexis Mac Allister will sign for Liverpool from Brighton, subject to a medical, with the Argentina midfielder, 24, understood to have agreed a five-year contract. (Guardian)
And the Times.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

The latter

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sporting Life have MacAllister at Liverpool and Caciedo at Arsenal next season.
Out of Rice or Caciedo I know who I would be pursuing with more interest if I was Arsenal.

We might have a slightly inflated view of Caicedo, but that is nothing compared to the general inflated view that is seems to be applied to Rice.

Given City and MU may well be looking to strengthen in other positions, and Liverpool set on MacA, if Rice does go to Arsenal, it might be Chelsea is Caicedo's only remaining option for a big PL move - a move that would mean no European football.

Caicedo is young enough that give it another year, do well in Europe with us, and he might have Real, Barca, Bayern and the rest all knocking at his door rather than taking a big risk at a basketcase like Chelsea at the moment.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Odd as it seems a deal will be completed this week.

The fee does seem a tad low though.

Liverpool have been in contact with Brighton regarding the signing of Alexis Mac Allister, who has a release clause of between £45-55m in his contract.
Alexis Mac Allister will sign for Liverpool from Brighton, subject to a medical, with the Argentina midfielder, 24, understood to have agreed a five-year contract. (Guardian)
And the Times.
Romano wrote the Guardian article didn't he? The Times can just use that as a source, so it ends up just recycled news from 1 person.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Out of Rice or Caciedo I know who I would be pursuing with more interest if I was Arsenal.

We might have a slightly inflated view of Caicedo, but that is nothing compared to the general inflated view that is seems to be applied to Rice.

Given City and MU may well be looking to strengthen in other positions, and Liverpool set on MacA, if Rice does go to Arsenal, it might be Chelsea is Caicedo's only remaining option for a big PL move - a move that would mean no European football.

Caicedo is young enough that give it another year, do well in Europe with us, and he might have Real, Barca, Bayern and the rest all knocking at his door rather than taking a big risk at a basketcase like Chelsea at the moment.
If he has another season like the last, and improves by even 5%, every club in the world will want him. If he goes to Chelsea, for an inflated fee, and on an extended and inflated contract, he could get stuck there for most of his career.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You do wonder how much advice players will take from other players. Pervis and Mac are both players who are a little further down the line, both love the club, and both can vouch for not rushing. Pervis, if he continues last season's form, will eventually get a massive move, I suspect, and Mac has obviously got his (Dad's) dream move. I'd hope they've said 'no rush kiddo'.
I get the money thing and I get ambition but he's so young. Realistically he could be here another 4 or 5 seasons and still get one or two huge moves in his career. So I do hope people (he'd listen to) have had a word in his ear.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree with you. However much I hope that he stays, realistically I know he probably won’t and more importantly I think that RDZ is resigned to him leaving. If he’s going then better that it can be done early in the window.
It could give us leverage with the Colwill situation although it may only be a loan deal.
What we do know is that Chelsea were happy to pay up when they want someone.
......see under Ugarte!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here