Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Losing Macalister & Caicedo

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Just read an unironic post on a Liverpool forum that so sums up my feelings toward big club fans. It says, I paraphrase “At £60m MacAllister is a good signing. We’ll turn him into a World Class player.”

Arrogant and deluded C**T
Fantastic. Imagine if he could win the World Cup and then beat chelsea, United and teams like Liverpool twice in the same season. They can even offer europa league. He can only improve in those circumstance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have they left yet?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I love the experts on here. If there is a release clause that they think is too low then consider whether he would have extended contract without it. Had the contract not been extended then would he be worth the release clause? I would say no. So it is the best we could have got isn’t it?

As if any of us actually thought he would be the pivotal player in a World Cup win scoring a crucial goal and being outstanding in the final.
They conflate hope and expectation. Then they wonder why the glass always seems to end up half empty.

It is what it is :thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just read an unironic post on a Liverpool forum that so sums up my feelings toward big club fans. It says, I paraphrase “At £60m MacAllister is a good signing. We’ll turn him into a World Class player.”

Arrogant and deluded C**T
Not from a LFC forum, but the most arrogant fans on Twitter seem to be the non-U.K. based fans. Was the same with Arsenal armchairs and the Caicedo bids.

I expect that many African and Asian armchair fans had never heard of Brighton before and have zero understanding or respect.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Will he do the respectable I'm not celebrating against my former club or go batshit mental like Dan Burn is what I want to know.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Both players will go for big money - how big will be determined by how much of a rebuild the likes of Chelsea, Spurs, Man U and Liverpool want to engage in (and how much Newcastle plan on spending).

The key is finding suitable replacements - be that through buying the right players or players coming through the clubs internal structures. Last month the club gave Andrew Moran a new four-year contract with a significant bump in pay - they would not have done that if they didn't expect him to push for a first team spot in the not too distant future.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I love the experts on here. If there is a release clause that they think is too low then consider whether he would have extended contract without it. Had the contract not been extended then would he be worth the release clause? I would say no. So it is the best we could have got isn’t it?

As if any of us actually thought he would be the pivotal player in a World Cup win scoring a crucial goal and being outstanding in the final.
Mr Bloom had an idea! :lolol:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Will he do the respectable I'm not celebrating against my former club or go batshit mental like Dan Burn is what I want to know.
Met Dan Burn the morning after the game; he’d been having breakfast with some Albion fans. He was unapologetic about scoring his first goal for his hometown club but also absolutely glowing about his respect for our club and the City of B&H. Lovely fella.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He himself said a few weeks back that there isnt a 'release clause' as such in Mac's contract, as in a set figure, but there is 'a mechanism that could help make the move happen' whatever that means. The Argus have also yesterday said that currently nothing is going on regarding Mac or Moises. My feeling is that maybe player terms have been agreed or close, but agreeing a fee with Tony and that side of things is all bullshit from Fabrizio etc.

Wasn’t it Ornstein who revealed that & FR copied as if his own intell? :D

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They conflate hope and expectation. Then they wonder why the glass always seems to end up half empty.

It is what it is :thumbsup:
The most meaningless phrase in the history of mankind wheeled out like you know anything

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Think our ‘exit fees’ are too low.

Enzo at Chelsea isn’t 40 million better than Alexis
But then, Cucurella isn’t and even at the time, was t worth £63M.

Chelsea have massively overpaid for players but that doesn’t mean the market is distorted if others don’t follow suite

Take away the Cucurella fee comparison and mac is probably a 60m + 10m player currently

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Utter bullshit. So firstly historically we don’t give release clauses, then we’ve sold Ben White for roughly £55m & then Cucurella for £62m, and after that you’re telling me we’ve decided to agree a release clause in a new contract for a key player for “way less than £65m”. Nah sorry not buying it. I feel like this is all info being fed to Fabrizio in order to keep any bidding war at low prices rather than letting it spiral into the £80m+ region.

Release clauses aren’t for the purpose of selling players cheap, they’re so that if a club is desperate to sign someone they can have him immediately but for a high price.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Why do people not believe both Mac and Moises have a form of a release clause?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here