Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Lord of the Bins

Would you assume that waste collector "Lord of the Bins" was related to Lord of the Rings?

• Yes - it's an obvious business for hobbits and the like to operate in

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Of course I wouldn't. Do you take me for some kind of simpleton?

Votes: 74 89.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Oh and incidentally I thought The Rings of Power was excellent, much preferred it to the stodgy and bloated Hobbit trilogy, which bored me to tears.
you didnt think RoP was bloated?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
There must be a chippie out there called Lord of the Fries, with the estate of some deceased writer chasing them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I didn’t, I really enjoyed it - each to their own.
i enjoyed it too, but it was pretty slow and could have down with a good edit and better pacing. very much following the Hobbit in bloat and unnecessary extended scenes.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
i enjoyed it too, but it was pretty slow and could have down with a good edit and better pacing. very much following the Hobbit in bloat and unnecessary extended scenes.
The reason I disagree is that RoP is a self contained original story using elements from what they were allowed to use of Tolkien’s work. As it was designed from the ground up, they had more control of the story they wanted to tell within the time allotted.

The Hobbit was taking an existing very simple story and padding it to become some unholy three movie, nine hour piece of cinema bloatware that tried and failed to be LotR without the story to back it up.

I liked RoP because it was very much it’s own thing and very little of it dragged for me personally.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
While not the legal standpoint, for me it comes down to 'Is the copyright owner losing any money ?' due to the infringement - in this case the answer is no so no case to answer.
This should be the legal test, the complainant should have to be able to prove that there’s a legitimate risk of loss of income. It isn’t, but it bloody well ought to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here