Looks like no more movements on the transfer front.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Unless I'm missing news, to me it would seem that CMS is nearer to full(ish) fitness than the club is letting on.

You may well be right ..but the million dollar question is whether CMS will be the same player when he is back from a serious, long term injury. It would not surprise me if he has lost a bit of pace; and, even if he hasn't, I would expect it to be several weeks before he is firing on all cylinders. All of which points to the need to sign at least one striker and ideally two before the transfer window closes.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
You may well be right ..but the million dollar question is whether CMS will be the same player when he is back from a serious, long term injury. It would not surprise me if he has lost a bit of pace; and, even if he hasn't, I would expect it to be several weeks before he is firing on all cylinders. All of which points to the need to sign at least one striker and ideally two before the transfer window closes.
What worries me is so many people can see this but the club appear to be doing little (from what we can see) about it... Would be good to see we are trying to remedy situation.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will better strikers be available for 93 day loans in the loan window, than are currently available to buy or take on a season loan in the transfer window ???

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Because Oscar doesnt fully deal with the transfers like Mr Ceiling, David Burke does that and 1 can only assume the ones available arent good enough for us or are too expensive.

RE Oscars comments, he didnt deal with a transfer budget at Tel Aviv so this is all new to him, certainly isnt moaning about the size of the budget - unlike Mr Ceiling.

Your two sentences are rather contradictory. Unless you are truly saying that Tel Aviv could have afforded any player in the world

and your 'mr ceiling' jibe is probably the most pathetic putdown of our former manager that I've read on here, and thats going some.

Oscar also mentioned the word "budget" worryingly.
Was hoping his Spanish and Israeli connections would produce some cheap gems.
Oh well. Upwards and Onwards.

Interesting that, given all the Gus critics' emphasis on how he complained about budget restrictions

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Perhaps one of the MODs would be kind enough to merge the two threads regarding the gloomy article in today's Argus?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Your point is right, but Bridge, Upson and Hammond were full / half season loans which would need to be done by this deadline on Monday.

The loan window is for 93 day loans.

Well even a 93 day loan could take us through to nearly Christmas, then on 1st January the transfer window opens again

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well even a 93 day loan could take us through to nearly Christmas, then on 1st January the transfer window opens again

It does, and in fact sometimes 93 day loans are converted into season loans in the January window.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
if that is the case i just hope leo ulloa doesn't get injured
To be honest Mark, it wouldn't matter whether we had enough strikers or not, I'd STILL rather Leo stayed fit all season. He's the best striker outside the Prem and walks into any team in this division and probably a third of the squads in the Premiership.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
we don't have any money - end of conversation.

That would explain our current intransigence although I don't believe things are that bad.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Your two sentences are rather contradictory. Unless you are truly saying that Tel Aviv could have afforded any player in the world

and your 'mr ceiling' jibe is probably the most pathetic putdown of our former manager that I've read on here, and thats going some.

Look Gus, I know you have had a rough time of it lately and are only working part-time at the BBC/ITV
But I really think you are wasting your time posting on here so often.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What worries me is so many people can see this but the club appear to be doing little (from what we can see) about it... Would be good to see we are trying to remedy situation.

The club aren't going to tell us about every single player they enquire about, are they? I'm sure they're looking at DOZENS of players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports