Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like no more movements on the transfer front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Argus reports today that OG has "found it difficult dealing in the transfer market" and that "significant late movement by Albion is unlikely before Monday night's transfer deadline". The club also state, as we already know, that "they intend to keep Barnes."

I find it absolutely incredible that it looks as if we will have to cope until the January window with potentially just two strikers, Ulloa and Barnes. I know further loans are an option but this is not what we need. I dread to think of what would happen if Barnes' injury proves to be worse that the club think and/or Ulloa gets injured or is suspended for any period. We will be down to the bare bones then from an attacking perspective, and our ambitions for a successful season may need to be reigned back a lot. It's so frustrating that we are having difficulties getting in a striker - especially since very little of our budget (if truly the same as last season) appears to have been spent.

Oh well...onwards and upwards...
Unless I'm missing news, to me it would seem that CMS is nearer to full(ish) fitness than the club is letting on.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Just not sure about Barker,as the reserve striker. Maybe get him out on loan again,to play more games and bring in a striker on loan. IMO it will not be the likes of Sharpe etc,as much as I would like,but another "with potential ".

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Can you explain this please (for those who have not seen it)?

Here

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377852704.288476.jpg

EB commented saying he has 'game ready' too - whatever that is?! He has a photo on his Instagram too of the same thing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377852780.176342.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Barnes photo looks like some sort of support with cables coming out. It will be to speed up recovery. Gawd knows whether that will be for Saturday, but it looks unlikely.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
CMS, March, Barker... I think we have enough strikers. Not saying that one more wouldn't be nice.
CMS is injured. March is not a srtiker and Barker is not ready. What happens if Ulloa is injured? No, we need another striker in on-loan, at least until CMS is back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Overall, the Argus story looks like a well timed piece of PR by the club aimed to dampen down expectations ahead of Monday's transfer deadline.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Just not sure about Barker,as the reserve striker.

I'm not sure Oscar is either otherwise I'm sure he would've been on the bench last Saturday in place of one of the 3 defenders we had on there, I wouldn't be so worried about the striker shortage if we had a promising youngster in the development squad who could step up as cover but we don't even seem to have that at the moment. At least the likes of Ince, JFC, March and Maxi have shown they can step up when needed but the current striker shortage goes a bit deeper than just the injury hit first team squad.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I just wonder why there has been no 'Spanish' movement, one of the key elements that excited us all when OG arrived, was his potential contacts in the Spanish market, it seems that there isn't anything emerging yet.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I just wonder why there has been no 'Spanish' movement, one of the key elements that excited us all when OG arrived, was his potential contacts in the Spanish market, it seems that there isn't anything emerging yet.

Because Oscar doesnt fully deal with the transfers like Mr Ceiling, David Burke does that and 1 can only assume the ones available arent good enough for us or are too expensive.

RE Oscars comments, he didnt deal with a transfer budget at Tel Aviv so this is all new to him, certainly isnt moaning about the size of the budget - unlike Mr Ceiling.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

In my paper this morning it said that Kaka wants to leave Real Madrid because he can't see himself getting much first team action. I know he's not a forwards, but could do a job!?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Just been reading archive stuff from Argus last year. GP was saying he would be on phone etc all the time trying to secure players... I would like to think things are not too dissimilar BUT we are being much less public about it all...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here