Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Look who we've overtaken in the Average Attendance Charts

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Palace should be twinned with any club that has entered administration twice, but that would make them an only child.

I have to admit that even as a Brighton fan, that's not the best come-back I've ever seen.

How do the stats look in absolute numbers?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Of course, when Palace were in the Championship, their away/home attendance ratio was better than Albion’s, because, though the clubs’ away followings were similar, Palace’s home crowds were derisory.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Innumerate drivel from the caravan burners.

Would it be better for us if we only got 14K at home so this "% of fans who travel away" statistic looked more favourable?

There is nothing wrong with the loyalty of our support. When "home" is so good, it is obvious that fans will feel less urge to go to away games. That combined with the distances stat explains this quite happily.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
How about a ratio of Championship home attendances to Premier League home attendances? Granted, Albion are not in the Premier League, but, if and when we are, our ratio will be a sight more favourable than Palace’s.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I would have been quicker, but I'm busy on another Palace thread.

\Have Palace got their ownn board as we have so many of their fans on NSC. It gets very confusing. Sometimes one of them says we do this ,we do that , and then the penny drops that they are from Sarf Lundon.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Forgot to mention that not only were you the worst in 2014/5 you were also the worst in 2013/2014 - 2 seasons in a row. Congratulations!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
tbf since moving to the amex our away support has suffered!

That's actually not true. Our away support has not changed that much in recent years. What is perhaps a little disappointing is the numbers away have not increased dramatically as a result of the increase in fanbase since we moved to the Amex.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Forgot to mention that not only were you the worst in 2014/5 you were also the worst in 2013/2014 - 2 seasons in a row. Congratulations!

Short memory Doug. It's not that long ago that palace were taking less than 150 away to places like Barnsley and Burnley. Your away numbers were worse than charltons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here