Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Look who we've overtaken in the Average Attendance Charts

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Didn't Palace have about 14k in the Championship? So that's about 10k more just reaching the Prem? :lolol:

They had about 11-14k when they were doing shit in the Championship suddenly shot up to about 17/18k when they got to the play offs,
and then another 8/9k came crawling out of from under their very cheap caravans almost first game of the season in the PL.
As plastic as plastic gets !!

When the Goldstone was fully functioning back in the 70s 80's when i were a lad it was 17/20 odd k
This then subsided more and more as eventually the ground was shut down bit by bit ( nothing we could do about that) f your not allowed in your not allowed in !
Then Gillingham Priestfield between 3/4 k but dont forget we were in Div 4 and the round trip was 150 miles,a lot more for others.
Then Withdean lowest ever attendance 5700 up to over 7k only because we couldn't fit 27k in a stadium that big (you try telling the Palarse cretins this but they just cant do the maths )
saying that would you expect any less from lab Monkeys ?

So there you have it, it concrete proof Albion fans are anything but plastic.
Also fathers /brothers etc are teaching the youngsters that supporting your local club ie Brighton is far better than travelling to Manchester etc etc week in week out so you are bound to have more and more.
Palarses just appeared from nowhere, little foetuses in black hoodies ha ha ha ha !!

What's the scums excuse ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They had about 11-14k when they were doing shit in the Championship suddenly shot up to about 17/18k when they got to the play offs,
and then another 8/9k came crawling out of from under their very cheap caravans almost first game of the season in the PL.
As plastic as plastic gets !!

When the Goldstone was fully functioning back in the 70s 80's when i were a lad it was 17/20 odd k
This then subsided more and more as eventually the ground was shut down bit by bit ( nothing we could do about that) f your not allowed in your not allowed in !
Then Gillingham Priestfield between 3/4 k but dont forget we were in Div 4 and the round trip was 150 miles,a lot more for others.
Then Withdean lowest ever attendance 5700 up to over 7k only because we couldn't fit 27k in a stadium that big (you try telling the Palarse cretins this but they just cant do the maths )
saying that would you expect any less from lab Monkeys ?

So there you have it, it concrete proof Albion fans are anything but plastic.
Also fathers /brothers etc are teaching the youngsters that supporting your local club ie Brighton is far better than travelling to Manchester etc etc week in week out so you are bound to have more and more.
Palarses just appeared from nowhere, little foetuses in black hoodies ha ha ha ha !!

What's the scums excuse ?

Seriously, the crowds at the Goldstone deteriorated long before they shut down parts of it, there were never any times when demand outstripped supply in the 80s and 90s apart from one or two games towards the end.

Withdean definitely had some sub 5k attendances, and IIRC Gillingham was more like 2000, I can remember games where we struggled to get over 1000, for example, Barnet on 05/11/98 had 1025 there.

Don't get me wrong, what has happened at the Amex is beyond amazing, and beyond everyone's expectations, and should we get promoted I can see the place rammed every game.

:Albion:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Congratulations on this fine achievement, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you reach the promise land.
Why don't you go f... , sorry, what? Oh, er, thanks.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There must be some error in those figures. Not only are the Leeds attendances missing a couple of hundred thousand or so, but we cannot, possibly, under any circumstances, be better supported than the most Massive Club In Sheffield, Yorkshire, Europe & arguably the world.

There are THOUSANDS locked out of Hillsborough every home game, I believe.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
image.png

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Our home attendance has perked up in recent matches due to the promotion push, big away turn outs and more season ticket holders thanks to the reported flurry of half -season sales.

We're now ticked up to an average attendance this season of 24,929 behind Derby County (29,598) having recently overtaken Boro (23,416) and Leeds (23,060) in the Champ which means

We're also above, in the Prem

Poor old Bournemouth - 11,197
Watford - 20,464
Swansea - 20,655
West Brom - 24,539
and in the last few games , cough, Crystal Palace - 24,703

Of course such minor stuff like this is irrelevant, points on the pitch all that matters, mind the gap of course :)

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2

Thanks Chailey Jem. Always a beacon of positivity. I remember you being accused of working for Pravda last season

which too many on here might claim you do

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
View attachment 71955

I'm not one for flaming supporters of other teams just for showing up on here but that graph is beyond meaningless. Even you must be aware of the small matter of our acquiring a new stadium with things like a... er... roof?

As a club we were stripped more than naked through that late 90s yet we continued to show up each week to keep the dream alive. In fact, many of your brethren turned up on Fans United to help us do just that. The figures pre-2011 really have to be taken with a massive pinch of salt, as we were asking fans to pay good money to watch football in a septic tank with seats around it.

Come back when you have an argument.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The full picture.

Attachments

• Palace v Brighton .jpg
    Palace v Brighton .jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Didn't Palace have about 14k in the Championship? So that's about 10k more just reaching the Prem? :lolol:

I was once there (free tickets I assure you, scum ain't having my money that easy) for a Palace v Cardiff match which at the time was a top of the table clash. They barely scraped 10,000 fans.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Congratulations on this fine achievement, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you reach the promise land.

Not a thread about CPFC2010 so **** off.

Oh and haha :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here