Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Look who we've overtaken in the Average Attendance Charts

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
With mentioning those teams in the prem we're ahead of would have had a lot more away numbers than us. Hudds took 600 the other day and we still got 25k or so. There was another London prem game that day where the away team took 3k but it didn't sell out & was a Lower attendance than ours. Think this was 21k home fans minus the new 10k so 11k for Spurs at home. Oops.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Doesn't mean anything.

graph.png

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Official football league statistics for 2014/15, ranked by the percentage of home fans who go and watch their team away.

Brighton 72nd. Out of 72. Conclusive proof, in black and white, that they have the most fairweather support in the league.

The most damning statistic of all, and weirdly none of them crow about it. Ever.

Odd.

http://mobile.football-league.co.uk/...49-2598187.pdf

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Official football league statistics for 2014/15, ranked by the percentage of home fans who go and watch their team away.

Brighton 72nd. Out of 72. Conclusive proof, in black and white, that they have the most fairweather support in the league.

The most damning statistic of all, and weirdly none of them crow about it. Ever.

Odd.

I don't like the willy waving but have you got the official stats about distance to travel to away games? It compliments that quite well I think.

That said, our away support is still shite. Think it's partially because almost everyone pays by Direct Debit...they already spend fifty quid a month on football and can't justify anymore.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Odd.

It's a Northern league you nonce - Wednesday, Derby, Rotherham, Hull, Boro, Burnley, Leeds, Preston, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Bolton. Care to regale us with some of Palace's away attendances for midweek trips to northern outposts in the Championship?... no, thought not, and you're 50 miles further north.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It's a Northern league you nonce - Wednesday, Derby, Rotherham, Hull, Boro, Burnley, Leeds, Preston, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Bolton. Care to regale us with some of Palace's away attendances for midweek trips to northern outposts in the Championship?... no, thought not, and you're 50 miles further north.

Always excuses botty .Wasn't York , Hereford and Chesterfield all in the north ? I want wcp' take-on this latest bombshell !

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Always excuses botty .Wasn't York , Hereford and Chesterfield all in the north ? I want wcp' take-on this latest bombshell !

I could give a shit about your away support. But I do know that on the odd occasion I have been unfortunate enough to bump into them they ****ing stunk. Total bunch of smelly chavs.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

I think Selhurst Celtic's taking an internet hiatus to have a La Haine all-nighter so we might have to wait for WCP's latest bombshell.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

You had great away support during the Withdean years, so that argument doesn't really hold up.
Impressive home crowds, but pitiful away support, accept it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

This. The blind tosspot can't even understand this. Didn't even want to answer your question.

Feb 14, 2010
Isnt this old news? We all know that Brighton / Palace used to be well supported lower league sides. That is the real reason why the rivalry got going, large crowds in the lower league and trouble. Now Palace are a poorly supported club outside the premier league with an extra 10000/15000 who turn up when they play the likes of Spurs in the Premier League. Although these days the palace end is run by a spurs fan and so I have no idea who their kids were banging their drum for in that game. Brighton however remain the same, a very well supported lower league club.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No your right our away support is outstanding!:facepalm: Rule one don't confront the deluded:moo:

Yes. All credit to those at Rotherham on a Tuesday night.

I'm not deluded as i actually know the figures. And i'm presuming you do too. Care to share them ?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Odd.

Deary me that's some shocking FACTS right there. As I have said before, JCLs and Plastics just don't travel.

Must be noted that you are down there with Reading, A club so similar in make up you should be twinned.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Deary me that's some shocking FACTS right there. As I have said before, JCLs and Plastics just don't travel.

Must be noted that you are down there with Reading, A club so similar in make up you should be twinned.

Palace should be twinned with any club that has entered administration twice, but that would make them an only child.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Interesting stat and if properly analysed it would doubtless lead to all kinds of interesting hypotheses and conclusions.

None of which would be we have "the most fairweather support in the league".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here