Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] London Cabbies.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Nothing comes close to riding a rickshaw in Delhi though!

Just make sure you up your insurance before you go. :eek:

There for a month some years back with wife joining me near the end. First night out, I just had to introduce said wife to Delhi autorickshaws. After less than one minute, she was hanging on for dear life, the whites of her knuckles whiter than ever. I turned to her and calmly said: 'It's normal.' How none had tipped over in the 3 weeks or so remains one of life's mysteries.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s a shame many don’t realise how walkable (or runnable) London is…..used to chuckle at people in Canary Wharf when the Jubilee was up the creek, waiting an hour or more to get to say London Bridge, which is a lovely hour’s stroll along the river. TBF when it’s working, and if you’re simply going point to point without having to change the tube is good, but agree if you have to change it can be a right ballache.

When I worked in Leadenhall St, people used to get the tube from L/B to Bank. I used to just walk and always beat them into work. Central London is very walkable.

When I was working in London they published a map showing the average walking times between tube stations in central London. When you took into account the descent / ascent times from street level to platform and the wait times between trains in off peak times it was often just as quick or quicker to walk

True. When I’m in central London I often walk around, it’s very enjoyable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here