Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Will Johnson be back as PM in time for the inquiry into whether he purposely mislead parliament? Could be another messy stint as PM.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Bring back Boris ! Good for a laugh if nothing else .
All joking aside, his price has dropped from 20/1 to 3/1 in less than 3 hours. There will be rioting on the streets of London if that lying, conniving Fecker gets back in to power.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
All joking aside, his price has dropped from 20/1 to 3/1 in less than 3 hours. There will be rioting on the streets of London if that lying, conniving Fecker gets back in to power.
And then he is found to be bang to rights over his disgraceful behaviour by the Commons Privileges Committee and the shitshow starts all over again.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Whichever side of the political fence you're standing, this just isn't right. As a populace we're being mugged off left, right, and centre. From the ERG tail wagging the dog, treating the vulnerable with contempt, to Johnson and Truss receiving pensions, most of us could only dream of, despite being forced out of their job for being incompetent. How do we change this?
pr, bin the lords, move parliament to coventry/wolvehampton

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
They're not entirely dissimilar. Calm, sensible, rational, feets on the ground, builds it slowly. Both would be great PMs, but kind of like the England national team job it isn't a job you want if someone else is willing to employ you.
a good and very diplomatic answer swanny.

post potter, have you watched more brighton or chelsea games?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Some Braverman-supporting twat on TalkRadio, Nick from Chichester, selling her as a great potential PM, Labour will fear her.

Still right-wing idiots living with the fairies. Unable to see the big picture.

It would be funny, if the country didn't need stable direction in the 26 months ahead.

How did we get to this state that one wing of one party, control 68m people?

Fear not, it won’t be the lunatic Braverman, thank heavens.

Last edited by a moderator:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No there won't. There'll be a lot of unhappy people, but not riots. The EU flag wavers might make a brief return to Parliament Square, but that'll be about it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No there won't. There'll be a lot of unhappy people, but not riots. The EU flag wavers might make a brief return to Parliament Square, but that'll be about it.
That's this Saturday. It was going to be in September but postponed when the Queen died.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Her statement was SO odd. This weird smile throughout it and basically went on the rhetoric that she isn't able to govern how she wanted now.

UMMMMM Liz.......you did what you wanted to do straight away and f***ed IT UP. It's not all your mean colleagues fault for asking you to change things back to try and undo the damage you did and were CLEARLY told would do during the leadership campaign by the guy who actually understood the economy.

Still, you smile away, don't worry about our mortgages and silly stuff like that.

Urgh. That was a political rant. I feel dirty.
Don't be silly now...it was the fault of the global economy, not Liz's... nothing to see here
crivens!!! if you learnt some science you would know that this has never happened before
Exactly! This is a cyclical event with only one cycle, and it won't end well.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t know if they’re worse, they’re both terrible though. Being “better” than this lot isn’t exactly a huge boast. I am hoping Momentum don’t weasel their way back in, is all I’m saying.
Having just got in and caught up with this thread, I can't help but see you as Wile e Coyote, desperately focusing your binoculars to the far left of the screen, whilst a train of carriages called Brexit, inflation, heating, GDP, mortgage etc etc comes hammering towards you at 200 mph from the far right :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMG-20221020-WA0000.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tory MP Brendan Clark-Smith making a passionate case for Boris returning as PM, carrying on with their 2019 election mandate, literally as if nothing has happened. I almost admired him doing it with a straight face, or no embarrassment. Incredible.
It’s hilarious, it really is.

They are under some illusion the majority of the country would vote for him, they are mental

He’s polling behind Sunak.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Having just got in and caught up with this thread, I can't help but see you as Wile e Coyote, desperately focusing your binoculars to the far left of the screen, whilst a train of carriages called Brexit, inflation, heating, GDP, mortgage etc etc comes hammering towards you at 200 mph from the far right :lolol:
The far right the immediate threat - well beyond a threat - enemy. I am looking beyond this current crop of criminals, liars and cretins and hoping for a centrist Labour free of Labour’s own extreme left.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Johnson is currently on holiday is he not? Optics are terrible and Labour have even more ready made attack lines against him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here