Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Voting online. What can possibly go wrong? Hacking, registrations from Russia?

The mind is boggled.
I think there will only be one candidate. They will have a fight among themselves and then just put a single person up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It begins. Unless this is a parody account?

Unfortunately no.

Conservative MP for Rochford and Southend East. james@jamesduddridge.com
UK Minister of State for International Trade
🇬🇧

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Reports from The Times apparently that BJ might stand again. In normal times that would just be impossibly ridiculous. These are definitely not 'normal' times however, and haven't been for some time.

Doesn't surprise me.

I seem to remember his farewell speech, likened himself to some Roman Emperor who returned to power after being deposed.

If he's on the ticket and the Tory membership get to choose, he wins, no question.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
League is soon finished in Norway so Kjetil Knutsen might be available.

Could of course try to buy out Graham from his contract but I don't know if the UK can afford it after the recent turmoil.
apologies for the randomness, but if you had to pick one, what would it be, potter's philosophy, or tony bloom's?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Disputing sums didn't make the policies far left, neither did the culture of personalities. You might be right, those personalities may not have been popular, but the policies were.
Their autumn 2019 polling gave a shopping list of proposals, all of which were liked by the UK public eg spend more on the NHS. That's always been the case hasn't it?

It was a distrust that the purported low increases in taxation, could ever meet the shopping list. The revered IFS said they would not.

Personalities .... this talking shop has spent the best part of 10 years hating on personalities of blue and red. It's new social media and media age. Gaff prone members of the left were never going to escape that mocking and scrutiny, in the same way that Boris, Dorries, JRM, Truss didn't.

Duplicitousness over Brexit-Remain was of course the final straw. Corbyn was a career-long architect of trying screw Major-Blair tying us ever closer to the EU. But in the 2019 GE he tried to be smart by not openly sticking with that ethos.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
The respected IFS said the sums did not add up. Their additional spending plans were on a different scale to their proposed tax rises.

Sorry, it'll always be Blair-Starmer-Y.Cooper-A.Johnson Labour for me. Possibly Burnham too, we await his view on national policies.

Never Corbyn-Lansman-Burgon-Abbott. That would've been another comedy show, this time from I d

The respected IFS said the sums did not add up. Their additional spending plans were on a different scale to their proposed tax rises.

Sorry, it'll always be Blair-Starmer-Y.Cooper-A.Johnson Labour for me. Possibly Burnham too, we await his view on national policies.

Never Corbyn-Lansman-Burgon-Abbott. That would've been another comedy show, this time from the left.
I don't think you're alone in feeling that the extreme sides of both parties have been a shower in recent years.

Personally I think it highlights the need for electoral reform and proportional representation, where middle ground politics will dominate. And although there maybe some extreme candidates getting through, largely those views on either side of the spectrum will get held in check.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
apologies for the randomness, but if you had to pick one, what would it be, potter's philosophy, or tony bloom's?
They're not entirely dissimilar. Calm, sensible, rational, feets on the ground, builds it slowly. Both would be great PMs, but kind of like the England national team job it isn't a job you want if someone else is willing to employ you.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I just had a brilliant idea! I’m going to come out as gay and become prolific on Grindr, then I’ll always be able to claim I have a man-date.

I’ll get me coat.

(No, handwringing fellow social liberals of NSC, this is not homophobic, it is a poor and unfunny play on words

As a gay man I can onfirm that this is not homophobic at all, however as a sometimne user of grindr I can say its is is an unrealistic expectation that "dates" are trhe outcome of interactions on grindr- you are lucky to get even a reply most times

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Their autumn 2019 polling gave a shopping list of proposals, all of which were liked by the UK public eg spend more on the NHS. That's always been the case hasn't it?

It was a distrust that the purported low increases in taxation, could ever meet the shopping list. The revered IFS said they would not.

Personalities .... this talking shop has spent the best part of 10 years hating on personalities of blue and red. It's new social media and media age. Gaff prone members of the left were never going to escape that mocking and scrutiny, in the same way that Boris, Dorries, JRM, Truss didn't.

Duplicitousness over Brexit-Remain was of course the final straw. Corbyn was a career-long architect of trying screw Major-Blair tying us ever closer to the EU. But in the 2019 GE he tried to be smart by not openly sticking with that ethos.
All that may true, but it didn't make the policies of Labour's 2015, 17 or 19 manifestos far left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here