[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The German public broadcaster ARD, noted that Truss was “now the third Conservative leader, after Theresa May and Boris Johnson, to fail to deliver on Brexit promises”.

She argued that future historians would find the roots of British politics’ “current insanity” in 2016. “Firstly, because Brexit has damaged the UK economy so lastingly that any extra market uncertainty leads to far greater turbulence than ever before. Secondly, because Brexit and the inherent magical thinking of a sovereign UK that can go its own way in the globalised 21st-century world, detached from international developments, marked the beginning of the end of rational thinking on the island.”
Truss’s “dramatic failure”, Dittert concluded, “could now spell the end of that wishful thinking – the beginning of something of a British turning point”.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Additionally, leadership should automatically go to Sunak.
He was runner up and should now be take over the role.
I don’t like him. He’s corrupt. But he’s the “best” of a terrible, terrible, bunch.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Additionally, leadership should automatically go to Sunak.
He was runner up and should now be take over the role.
I don’t like him. He’s corrupt. But he’s the “best” of a terrible, terrible, bunch.
But not the Tory party members favourite...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lizz Truss was in office for 44 days, 10 of which were national mourning and two weeks for conference season. 12 days work, and is now entitled to 115k a year for the rest of her life as a former PM.
She had to be in office for two months so misses out.
We’re already paying Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May, and Johnson.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Poor old Larry The Cat.

He's the only stable thing at No 10. He should be in charge. Couldn't be any more of a 'Cat'astrophe!

#LarrythecatforPM

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Brighton are 8th in the Premier League despite not winning a game between Liz Truss becoming Prime Minister and Liz Truss announcing her resignation as Prime Minister. - courtesy of Richard Jolly on Twitter.

Autumn 2022 almost feels like a stranger time than Spring 2020 did if that's possible!
So it was HER fault? Blimey, she did even more damage than I gave her credit for...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
only by those that want to lazily cast it as evil without thought. neoliberalism is about free trade, open markets, deregulation. facism is about centralised authority, oppression, protectionist and nationalism. one is economic freedoms, one is social controls. the tenents of facism block the tenents of neoliberalism.
The current crop of Conservatives are bordering on evil. Patel and Braverman being two that instantly spring to mind. I'm struggling to see the economic freedoms that have led us to having more Food Banks than branches of McDonald's, increasing poverty and children reliant on free school meals..."deregulation" actually results in standards, health and safety and wages being reduced in the pursuit of higher profits.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Expect to see this argument made a lot in the next few days:

I've heard the argument that Boris Johnson has a mandate, I've also heard the argument that as we live in a parliamentary democracy, the Tories have a mandate and therefore we don't need a general election. Which is it nasties?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports