Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I wonder if it will be a "delayed" resignation - ie leaving but staying in post until X date so we can sort a few things out and work out who on earth we're going to get to replace.
presumably, she'll stay on to steal as much as she can

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
i enjoy the straightforwardness of anyone who calls a charlie charlson a c*nt
I agree and it’s fine for message boards, not too sure if I like impartial mainstream media veterans using that language. But I take your point.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Her statement was SO odd. This weird smile throughout it and basically went on the rhetoric that she isn't able to govern how she wanted now.

UMMMMM Liz.......you did what you wanted to do straight away and f***ed IT UP. It's not all your mean colleagues fault for asking you to change things back to try and undo the damage you did and were CLEARLY told would do during the leadership campaign by the guy who actually understood the economy.

Still, you smile away, don't worry about our mortgages and silly stuff like that.

Urgh. That was a political rant. I feel dirty.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Not a bad pay off for completely failing in your 44 days as PM, £115k a year for the rest of your life. No wonder Truss was still smiling when she made her statement today.
She didn't have to be in post for 2 months or something? I'm sure the rules could be bent for her in any case

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The European Research Group effectively control the party, able to blackball any candidate they consider as an enemy or having slighted Boris. They therefore control the UK.

A tiny number of zealots. This is unjust to this nation.

I feel I could write a speech that Starmer should now make, with genuine emotion, to win all the remaining hearts and minds of sensible politicians and the public.

Not in the Commons, not in his staid barrister's style with the same old one-liners.

He could seize this moment.
Yep…..heard his speech this morning. So ****ing DULL. He should be tearing into them rather than doing his ‘vicar at a funeral’ impression.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's high time for something uncontroversial to calm the troubled waters of political threads on NSC - so I'll give it a go ...........

Liz Truss was a rubbish PM. Everybody OK with that?
Whoa, steady now. No need for that kind of comment. Jeez.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tory MP Brendan Clark-Smith making a passionate case for Boris returning as PM, carrying on with their 2019 election mandate, literally as if nothing has happened. I almost admired him doing it with a straight face, or no embarrassment. Incredible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here