Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perhaps the ones that you like to deride as thickos are just happy to derail whatever plans superior beings like you would like to implement? I mean, it's not easy to be superior and liked, is it? Tough call for anybody to try and take that on - telling people they're thick and hoping they'll march to your tune. Kudos for anyone brave enough to have a go (although the Greek language could probably provide a more appropriae word than 'kudos', eh?)

I don't know about "thick" but I would suggest that anyone (who isn't a wealthy business owner / millionaire or the like) that votes for this government after the last few years, is either blindly stubborn, easily lead, or a bit too daft to know who is and isn't acting in their best interests. I don't think one has to be thick to fall into those categories but it is a desirable quality for the role :)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Perhaps the ones that you like to deride as thickos are just happy to derail whatever plans superior beings like you would like to implement? I mean, it's not easy to be superior and liked, is it? Tough call for anybody to try and take that on - telling people they're thick and hoping they'll march to your tune. Kudos for anyone brave enough to have a go (although the Greek language could probably provide a more appropriae word than 'kudos', eh?)
Wanker maybe more appropriate for some clearly

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Be afraid, be very afraid

[tweet]1574483746417479685[/tweet]

Sadly, I'm afraid she on the money. The disaster capitalists are queueing up and they've be funding the next Tory election campaign.

Think the Tories know they're, just screw the economy, reward their mates and then try and blame Labour

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The sooner the tories and bankers get strung up the better.

Truss, and her other half are bean counters, clearly in this for a reason . . . . Why else would you pursue such a career course.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A reminder of the low calibre of those in the current UK government. This was Chief Secretary to the Treasury last Friday....

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    416.4 KB · Views: 198

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Interesting to hear the conspiracy theories about the government and the hedgefunders... possibly lasting for years, one of those things that "could never be kept secret".

What can I say... Welcome!

Enjoy the ride.

Or actually, stop it. Get a million people on the streets. "We need to solve this peacefully and democratically" said some people yesterday.
Well, by the next election there's nothing to save.

This is the moment. Come on England!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Interesting to hear the conspiracy theories about the government and the hedgefunders... possibly lasting for years, one of those things that "could never be kept secret".

What can I say... Welcome!

Enjoy the ride.

Or actually, stop it. Get a million people on the streets. "We need to solve this peacefully and democratically" said some people yesterday.
Well, by the next election there's nothing to save.

This is the moment. Come on England!

I wish so much we were a bit more french in this regard

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1574505916065513472[/tweet]

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
They'll blame Labour in a few years time, this nation of thickos will believe them and vote them in again. It always happens
Exactly. The F****** tabloid rags that peddle bs to the sheep essentially fuel this.

Some of the front pages today of the Mail, Express etc...unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I wanted to post on here asking if anyone in and around Worthing had called for an ambulance recently and how long was the wait.

My Daughter (under 18) was staying at a friends in west Worthing on Friday evening. At around 9pm I get a call to say saying she is having a severe Asthma attack and to the point she couldn't breath. She has a long history of being hospitalised for asthma attacks. I told her she needed to phone 999 straight away as the last time she started turning blue where needed oxygen tank. She phoned 999 twice from her friends house and explained how desperately she was in need of assistance and each time was told she would get a call back (they didn't). I ended up calling 999 from my own house (15 miles away) explaining just how serious and her history.

I was told by the operator it was now classed as "critical response" and that they had been deployed. 2 hours later and they still hadn't turned up. In the end we had to rely on friends and taxis. It was only pure chance friends managed to calm her breathing down bit.

All the best to your Mum

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To further illustrate my point here - whilst I was typing the above, I was waiting for an ambulance to come and see my mum.

Now, I know from the news, that all health services are stretched and waits for ambulances can be lengthy.

I wanted to post on here asking if anyone in and around Worthing had called for an ambulance recently and how long was the wait, in order to get some level of expectation based on local experiences. However, I didn't because I just knew it would immediately be seized upon by a handful of posters I could almost certainly name in advance who would see the thread as an open invitation to talk about the ****ing Tories trashing the NHS. That may or may not be true, but it isn't what I wanted. I didn't start the thread because I didn't want to deal with what I knew would happen.

Ringing 111 can be helpful. If they assess it as pressing, they can send an ambulance on the hurry up. Obviously if it’s a critical situation always call 999 in the first instance.

Hope all worked out.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Exactly. The F****** tabloid rags that peddle bs to the sheep essentially fuel this.

Some of the front pages today of the Mail, Express etc...unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

People aren't that stupid, they've voted out Conservative Governments before. This is a traditionally a right of centre electorate with a traditionally right of centre press, not much has changed in my lifetime.

Elections are swung by those who wouldn't define themselves as left or right.

The polls consistently tell you that the electorate can see a dodgy Government when it sees one irrespective of the press.

What's interesting to me historically is the Conservative had disappeared up an ideological cul de sac in power. Parties usually do that in opposition. Bat shit crazy ideas that don't get passed the conference, that's now Government policy.

It's an inevitable consequence of Johnson's decision to purge the party of moderates. He clearly didn't learn from the Corbyn debacle.

They are playing an incredibly dangerous game that could potentially see them out of power for decades if an in-coming coalition changes the voting system.

The best they can hope for (and the underlying psyche of the party is as such) is that Labour get a small majority, pick up the mess and the Tories regroup in opposition with a moderate leader.

If Starmer is brave enough to reform the Lords as per Brown's suggestions, I think that's the next election done.

Last edited:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Early in my working life, I got hauled in by my director for a ticking off having said that Tory voters are "either selfish or stupid", I probably wouldn't use those terms now but the thrust of my argument was a kind of counter to those who somehow claimed that a Tory govt was for the good of everyone, for the good of the rich, and the poor etc. I take no issue with those who vote Tory because it's best for them or best for their family, that's the selfish side of things. I don't personally share this reasoning for my vote but what can I do? The stupid side was to describe those who believe that the Tories will help the least well off in society - I guess now I'd use the expression 'wilfully (or otherwise) naive. Obviously there are many that won't agree with this, but the Tories do have a very good track record of proving my point.

For what it's worth, living in Wales, I see the nastiness of the Nationalist movement who exist entirely in a bubble where if you challenge any of their ideals, you'll be scorned for you heritage, place of birth or your 'Unionist' sympathies (and in the next breath be told what a welcoming place Wales is and how racist and imperialistic England is) so I do try (quite unsuccessfully) to use such pejorative language.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just heard Andrew "Irish Passport" Bridgen on R4 Today programming claiming our currency collapse was the same as the ROW, BOE.and Ukraine

Its never our fault...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here