Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The list of people to lose their jobs should include the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Therese Coffee, and The Prime Minister.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm surprised at the level of vitriol being directed at BenGarfield for his contributions to this thread, you may not like them or agree with them or feel they are derailing the thread but you could choose to ignore them or not respond instead of the responses that are now bordering on bullying him off the thread. In these days when mental health is big on everyone's agenda let's maybe take a step back and ease up on the fella eh? Personally I can't see the issue with his posts, In fact some of the pompous know it all responses to his posts and Opinions have riled me more! Moderators intimating bans on someone for posting opinions on economics/politics would be poor form for NSC I feel. Chill a little peeps
THREAD ban. Which people get for derailing threads. Which posting the same opinion claimed as fact, over and over again, that has nothing to do with the thread title, is.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Absolute clusterfuck, I’ve never seen this level of incompetence before.

I see they've even managed to screw up Truss's letter to Kwarteng by signing it in his name. Is No 10 run by a bunch of halfwits - kids on work experience wouldn't manage to do that.

Larry increasingly looks like the best option

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Strong rumours Therese Coffee will be announced as the new chancellor on Monday.
Wrong Coffee. Sadly Denise is no longer with us.

Denise.jpeg

there's plenty of pro-growth policies options that can be done without touching tax, and all the better if it does (less controversial, easier sell to public). the fixation with tax has got to stop as the only tool to do anything.
The problem with tax is that tories seem to have lower tax as their single most important agenda item. Not because it is coherent, part of a plan for growth, or anything, but because they don't like tax. It's that simple.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm surprised at the level of vitriol being directed at BenGarfield for his contributions to this thread, you may not like them or agree with them or feel they are derailing the thread but you could choose to ignore them or not respond instead of the responses that are now bordering on bullying him off the thread. In these days when mental health is big on everyone's agenda let's maybe take a step back and ease up on the fella eh? Personally I can't see the issue with his posts, In fact some of the pompous know it all responses to his posts and Opinions have riled me more! Moderators intimating bans on someone for posting opinions on economics/politics would be poor form for NSC I feel. Chill a little peeps
I don't think anyone is bullying anyone. He obviously has a deep interest in MMT, a school of economic theory followed by what is a relatively niche sector of the economic world.

He has repeatedly been asked politely (by quite a significant number of people now) to start a thread on this interest to allow discussion of this theory for those who wish to debate it and not try and wedge into a discussion on Liz Truss and her role as PM of Britain. I do not believe that Liz Truss has ever mentioned MMT in relationship to running the British economy.

I think everyone is quite chilled, just maybe a little puzzled why BenGarfield won't start a thread to discuss his somewhat niche interest :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here